• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red

Did you defeat Red?

• Yes

Votes: 87 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    I still haven't beaten him. My team was been under the leveled the whole game and I have beaten gym leaders/elite four/champion by using a lot of revives and hyper potions but Red is just too high leveled. All of mine are high 50's and level grinding is dull. Instead at the moment, I have decided to try something different, and shiny bred a trapinch, bagon and gible from various different games I have, and also caught a larvitar and I'm now training them. Should be a cool looking badass team.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    It took me a few tries actually. My team was all 65 and I only won because my Feraligatr was able to kill Pikachu with Quick Claw (I had to use Feraligatr as everyone else needed to kill a specific other one of Red's =P]

Multigen

The Splicer
    Years
    I said No, simply because the only tim I've fought him was immediately after defeating the elite four the first time with a team of lower to mid 40s. But if he's really as easy as you guys say, I think I'll challenge him today with my HG team as follows:
    Charizard lv. 71
    Gengar lv. 72
    Feraligatr lv. 72
    Rhyperior lv. 62 (in training)
    Raichu lv. 71
    Dragonite lv. 71

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    I haven't beaten him yet just because I started a new game with my friends before I had beaten him in my first run through SoulSilver... sadly since then life has gotten in the way of pokemon... (curse you homework!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have beaten him yet, nor have I ever. :x I've done two runs of the game and am currently on a third, but never have I attempted to fight/defeat Red. For me, the game's not fully beaten unless I do, but... I think it's because I would need to grind sooo many levels and I don't have the patience. 8D; One of these days, I will!

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I defeated him with high 60 pokémon, only having to heal a few times, I didn't even use my Dragonite :D He was cake!!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    i've beaten him once, only using like, one or two healing items I must've gotten lucky though, cuz I tried again recently, and he keeps owning me.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    I beat him. My highest was a level 73 Typhlosion, followed by Mewtwo at level 70, Ho-Oh at level 70, Dialga at level 70, a low-leveled mon with Exp. Share that I can't remember, and an HM slave.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    I defeated Red on my first go, but my whole team was in their 70s, as I thought he would be really hard to beat. He wasn't that difficult, but I did have to use a couple of revives.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I'm usually way too lazy to train my team up to Red's levels and I'll still end up beating him with some Pokemon with levels in the high 50's and low 60's. In Soul Silver I still haven't beaten Red with a Pokemon over level 66.

Back