• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Redesigned Hoenn

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This thread is to discuss the redesign of routes and other places. I'm aware that there is already a new area thread, please talk about areas not in the originals there.

Here are a few examples of redesign areas:
    Spoiler:

So basically discuss and speculate on routes and that you think are going to be redesigned greatly, or confirmed redesigns. Also do you like the redesign of some areas or did you prefer the original look? How about those areas that barely changed? Would you have liked them to be more different?
    Also another thing, starting in XY routes got titles/nicknames. Do you think the Hoenn routes will get names like those? What would they be?
    Also feel free to post other redesigned areas.

Last edited:

Years
    I really hope Route 113 will be rendered with actual 3D. They can do that blackout loading screen specially (like Geosenge Town) for Route 113 and make it a 3D route. That way, volcanic ash falling would look amazing.

I would love that.
    Speaking about the ash, I hope that they make the wind move north as the originals had the wind go south yet the ash never made it to Verdanturf where it should've been instead of Fallarbor with southward wind...just a minor redesign to the flowers and ta-da, logical issue fixed.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The first image looks pretty similar to how Mt Chimney originally looked for me, but the other two look slightly altered.

Years
    I'm sure the underwater will look great. Also Route 119 seems to be a great one to be in 3D.

I have a feeling the underwater routes will look to be a great one, even if there's only three Pokemon encountered in those areas. Route 119 on the other hand... I know I hate routes with that really tall grass and given how freaky that grass looked in X/Y (seriously it looks really tall in those games) I'm imagining the route will look even more like a rough jungle route than what its appearance in the original games had.

Now if only Cut could chop grass down again... that's what will make or break that part of the game for me. Mt. Chimney's already looking great, but I can't tell what route is in the second pic in the OP there. The third one looks likely to be the desert on Route 111.

Oh, and Route 113 is one I really want to see in the new look, the ash was what made that route unique, aside from all those wild Spinda encounters hahahahaha.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Route 113 would look awesome to see, with Mt. Chimney oerlooking at the south hnng

Also, the second pic looks to be Route 117. I hope it won't be coz the tree looks ugly in that place. :/

I can't wait to see what names will the Routes get, if that will stay tho :(

blue

gucci
    Years
    I would like to say though I'm absolutely loving how Hoenn looks in 3D so far, I thought I wouldn't be comfortable with the graphical leap and that it would not feel like Hoenn. I'm really psyched for these games and I completely recognize all the areas that have been shown without them being labelled. n_n

blue

gucci
    Years
    That Route is 100% Route 117 as many have said above, I had a look at the map from Ruby & Sapphire and it's pretty much idential. The reason the double battle girls arent there is because they're actually a little lower down on the Route in a different location in Ruby & Sapphire from where they are in Emerald.

Years
    That Route is 100% Route 117 as many have said above, I had a look at the map from Ruby & Sapphire and it's pretty much idential. The reason the double battle girls arent there is because they're actually a little lower down on the Route in a different location in Ruby & Sapphire from where they are in Emerald.

Yeah, I read they changed some things in Route 117 to make it easier to hatch eggs in Emerald (as some thing or people prevented a straight path from Mauville to Verdanturf. Hopefully that straight part of the route still exists as the Mach bike was perfect for hatching eggs but wasn't good at cutting corners...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah, it looks like a lot of the routes are getting changes, or in general are made more spacious thanks to the hardware capabilties. Some stuff I've noticed:
    -Route 101 is a bit wider.
    -Meteor Falls for sure is a big upgrade. I can't tell if that's the secret base by the route 114 entrance or the route 115 exit in that screenshot, for example.
    -And lets not mention the entire ocean, with its sandbanks, new islands, and enclosed islets.

Overall, Hoenn is definitely improved from the originals.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would like to say though I'm absolutely loving how Hoenn looks in 3D so far, I thought I wouldn't be comfortable with the graphical leap and that it would not feel like Hoenn. I'm really psyched for these games and I completely recognize all the areas that have been shown without them being labelled. n_n

For me, it's sort of the contrary; I feel that the more recognizable they turn these places into, the more fun and adventurous they would feel to explore. Well, not for everybody, exactly--only those that have played RSE before. If you're one of them, you are already familiar with these routes, cities, towns, and caves, know their way around. If this weren't our case, then it would've been a completely different story in general, and also would have been more amusing.

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    -Meteor Falls for sure is a big upgrade. I can't tell if that's the secret base by the route 114 entrance or the route 115 exit in that screenshot, for example.

Overall, Hoenn is definitely improved from the originals.

^^ Jaja, I agree.

hoenn confirmed lolol

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I hope a lot of these are still in being made, they look very bare and quite boring, especially Mt. Chimney, hopefully they'll have more effects like the ash falling and some other things to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Years
    Yeah, it looks like a lot of the routes are getting changes, or in general are made more spacious thanks to the hardware capabilties. Some stuff I've noticed:
    -Route 101 is a bit wider.
    -And lets not mention the entire ocean, with its sandbanks, new islands, and enclosed islets.

Overall, Hoenn is definitely improved from the originals./QUOTE]

Some of those islands (if not all) were in the originals, just not the official map art. I do think they made them bigger though if the art is anything to go by, hence why they may be including them this time compared to in the originals official artwork of the map.

I'm loving the look of the craters, it brings out the fact that it is a place where meteors fell. I wonder if they'll add in Deoxys' meteorites to Meteor falls.

Years
    It's always fun to see a game completely remade in 3D to every small detail, or at least for me, but I think it wouldn't hurt to change some route aesthetics as well. Add some new areas to compensate for new items like evolutionary stones or TMs, things like that. Don't lose the essence of the original area in RSE. Wouldn't mind them giving the routes names like X and Y too :]

Years
    As cool as some of the mentioned routes would be redesigned, I am mainly looking forward to most of the gym renderings. I saw a few fakes that took the X/Y look and designed it like one of the gyms in Hoenn (I forget which one) and it looked amazing. I just got Pokemon X a few days ago so I am a bit new to 3D Pokemon, but so far a 3D remake of my favorite region is welcome regardless of where it is. :P

Back