• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: redirected to a virus site from PC!!!

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    I had to use System Restore three different times today, because I keep getting redirected to big-boards.com from PC and there I get a virus!! right now is the first time today that it didn't happen... please fix this issue regarding redirections from PC to this site, I don't want this virus again!!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    ...then how are you accessing the forums to post in this thread?

Years
    ...then how are you accessing the forums to post in this thread?

I am guessing his homepage is the forum?

What is the URL in your address bar? Are you sure it is from PC or could it not be from an existing virus or pop-up on your computer? You are the only member who has been experiencing this by the looks of it so, it must be a local issue...​

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    Is PC your homepage? If it's a random re-direct that happens sometimes, it could be a virus or a bug on your end that would trigger it until something is fixed on your side. :/ Does it happen on every site, or just here? I'm not too savvy in the way of viruses, just trying to get more info. xD;

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    It could also be an ad on the page.

That's quite a good point. Non-supporters see ads at the top of pages rather than the bottom, and as far as I know we don't have a huge amount of control over which adverts show up, so it's possible that a bad one came up and you clicked on it unintentionally.

Years
    It seems to be related to you only. Run a virus scan on your computer, and if it doesn't find anything, have a friend who is very skilled with computers help you remove the virus from your computer. I suggest trying to access here from a public library computer if you're able to in order to see if it's your computer.

www.big-boards.com is a perfectly safe site. I've gone there hundreds of times myself. Since they have no ads, you'll have to figure out if it's an ad on PC that's doing it. If it is, figure out which one it is, take a screenshot of it, and PM the screenshot of the ad to Rukario so that he can contact the ad service and have them remove that ad.

Keep in mind that most of the ads are context-sensitive, meaning they use your browsing history with the browser and words on the page to decide what ads to show you.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I can assure you nothing on tPC will redirect you anywhere.. ever.

the only possible thing that could happen (using the Cloudflare CDN) is you get a site not available page or if you have a compromised browser and/or are accessing from a known spamm/hack's IP you may get a challenge page to complete before you're allowed to access us.

any user posted links are not monitored by us and we have no way to know if someone posted an exploit link or not unless its (post url, link url, screenshot) reported to staff.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Maybe it was a miscoincidence. You were probably accessing some other site with some ad popup/adbot in it. It could also be a system error or a virus you got from a file you downloaded from PokeCommunity.

Man, you gave me the creeps. When I saw that title in bold: redirected to a virus site from PC!!!! I was scared as if I knew there was some sort of ghost in this place! You really got me worried back there -.-

Anyway, based on what others said, it is NOT possible for you to be redirected to a virus site from tPC's Main Page, nuff said. You should probably give us more details as to what happened at that time, then maybe we will understand.

Hope it doesn't happen again~!

Years
    Actuallabob, I get this when I try to go on the DCC thread (Pg. 34) :

I have no idea what's causing it.

It's Liam Crawford's image of the Audi that is the post at the top of the page as well as in Twiggy's first post on the page where Twiggy is quoting Liam Crawford. The image itself is not dangerous, but the site it's hosted on apparently has been reported as spreading malware for some reason or another.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Actuallabob, I get this when I try to go on the DCC thread (Pg. 34) :

I have no idea what's causing it.

Hey, you're right! I'm kinda scared of PC now... this old laptop has had a virus once and I don't want it to happen again...

Here's a screenie:

Spoiler:

Years
    Hey, you're right! I'm kinda scared of PC now... this old laptop has had a virus once and I don't want it to happen again...

Here's a screenie:

Spoiler:

See my post I'm quoting here, which I made directly above your post.

It's Liam Crawford's image of the Audi that is the post at the top of the page as well as in Twiggy's first post on the page where Twiggy is quoting Liam Crawford. The image itself is not dangerous, but the site it's hosted on apparently has been reported as spreading malware for some reason or another.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    it was indeed the car image in the DCC thread.. it has been removed in both posts.

users are reminded to make sure the site(s) they link to are clean or better yet, use the attachment upload feature in the post.

Back