• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Red's Adventure: A Manga Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
  • Red's Adventure: A Manga Remake

Info:

Rom: US Pokemon Firered
    Language: English
    Creator: Samike360

About the Author:

Hello, I am Samike, and I have been hacking for about 1 1/2 to 2 years now, and this is the first hack that I've made. I have worked as a scripter on a number of hacks, including Johto Adventures in which I script for. I am primarily a scripter, but I really want this hack to be a solo hack, my project alone, although that may not be possible because of the fact that I have no artistic ability at all. I have been working on this hack for awhile now, and I will not stop until it is finished.

Introduction:

I know that there have been many Pokemon Special Adventure hacks before, but I have not personally seen a completed English Special Adventure rom hack before. I feel that the world of Pokemon is expressed through three mediums: the games, the anime, and the manga. Obviously, the games and the anime get the most attention, and I feel that the manga is under-appreciated. The Pokemon Manga, especially Pokemon Special Adventure! provides a unique look at the Pokemon world because it is unrestrained by gameplay and ratings. This hack will show a realistic view of the Pokemon world--with actually evil teams, death, etc. I am trying to recreate this in the form of a Pokemon game so everybody can experience Red's epic journey in first person.

Story:

Your name is Red (or whatever you choose...), and you are the greatest Pokemon Trainer in Pallet Town. One day, however, an unfortunate encounter with Mew makes you re-examine your life, and you decide to go find Professor Oak to learn how to reach your true potential. An unfortunate accident at the lab jump starts you into an incredible adventure into the world of Pokemon that culminates in the renowned Indigo League Pokemon tournament. It has been your dream to win this tournament ever since you were a boy. However, an evil team filled with villians, killers, and corrupt gym leaders has its sights set on the Kanto Region. Also, there are two more aspiring trainers just like yourself who wish to win the Indigo League Tournament. Do you have what it takes to defy all odds and emerge Champion?

Features:

-Almost exact remake of Pokemon Special Adventure!
    Much of the text will be the exact same as in the manga, and the events and scripts will also be based on the story.

-Less focus on the badge system
    What's unique about the manga is how it strays away from the regular Pokemon badge and league quest and how it takes its own turn. You will experience this.

-Re-designed Kanto Region
    Kanto has had a makeover...it looks nothing like it did in the games. The new maps will help provide a more realistic portrait of Kanto while being as playable as the games.

-ASM Hacking/Routines
    I have not learned this yet, but I eventually plan to introduce some ASM into this hack in order to stay as close to the manga as possible. Possible events are donning a Team Rocket disguise, temporarily switching Pokemon with another player, and wild pokemon battles that continue even after you lose.

-Color/Coding
    Red's text is in red, Blue's is in blue, etc.

-New Music
    I haven't exactly learned how to import the music yet, but I have composed some epic songs on my midi editor that I feel would work great with this hack.

-New Intro/Titlescreen
    I'll need some help with the titlescreen, but I have completely editing the introduction sequence at the beginning of the game.

-New Tiles
    No, I am not going to have new tiles in the conventional sense, I'm using Firered tiles for all routes/towns. However, certain instances may require new tiles, such as air tiles for flying above Kanto, stadium tiles for the Indigo League, etc.

-Tournament-Style Pokemon League
    It will be epic.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Progress (6/27):

I finished mapping the lab maze, and I also created the script for the second wild pokemon battle. I thought that there would be an error with the first one that wouldn't allow the player to fight if they walked between maps, but that actually worked for once. Then, I accidently deleted all the level scripts, so I'll have to remake those :P

Tools Used:

-Advance Map
    -Visual Boy Advance
    -Extreme Script Editor
    -Start Map
    -A-Trainer
    -Advance Text
    -unLZ
    -Infranview
    -Hex Workshop

Support:

Userbars:

Spoiler:

Downloads:

~None so far~

Help:

I would appreciate help in help tilemaking (eventually) and banner making. I also need a titlescreen and a world map. Thanks!

I also would like overworld sprites of a Charmander with spines on its back...

All credits to Hidenori Kusaka, Mato, and Shogakukan

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Wow! I am making a manga based hack as well! as awesome is that! I can't wait to see how you put in the events

So you play as Red and do his story, that would be werid when the yellow sega comes you become forzen soild and...........

would you be able to vist Mt Sliver Sevi lsands and the Battle Fointior

I hope this hack goes awesome

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Wow! I am making a manga based hack as well! as awesome is that! I can't wait to see how you put in the events

So you play as Red and do his story, that would be werid when the yellow sega comes you become forzen soild and...........

would you be able to vist Mt Sliver Sevi lsands and the Battle Fointior

I hope this hack goes awesome

I doubt I'll do Yellow's story, I didn't like it as much and since it revolves around a new character, it would be probably be a new hack (it would be so much hassle to reset all of Red's pokemon, pokedex, etc.)

But I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Anyway, I'm away for a week, I just posted this to hear how people responded :D I'll be back soon to continue working on it...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hmm... Kanto being re made
    Is that as in the otwns will look different and the routes
    Or where the connections of places and the shape of the region?

If its number two it would be better ;)

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011

I agree that would be good to see

I remeber reading one of those ones
    I read the SS.anne with LT's Elactabuzz
    And poliwhirl going to poliwrath :D
    Can't wait to see that

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • This is gonna be awesome I can already see it. Good luck with this... I've always wanted to play Red's story based game! Hope you start soon working on it!

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • im making a gold manga- remake also lol, but anyways, this looks really good, i love the screens, good luck with it

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    sounds great. another hack im looking foward to playing

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Manga remake, eh?

I hope this has good mapping, because the last manga remake I saw had bad mapping. >.<
    I'm looking forward for this one, so best of luck!

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • Cool, a manga remake!^^ Although I only read till the Gold arc(starting with the R/S arc soon!^^) arc up until now!^^ The Red arc was really epic, especially the battles and the idea of evil gym leaders!^^ I once imagined how it'd be in a hack... if you really want to do it excactly, that'll be pretty hard, hope you're up for it! However, hope to see more soon, I'd love to see this finished!^^

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I've always wanted to do this, quoting each person and responding :D
    ----------

The towns and maps will look different. The connections and the region are based off the manga, from which I remember is the same as the games. I have a picture somewhere :P

Awesome a manga remake! the manga was really great its a good thing your making this!!! :)

Dont give up!!

Thanks a lot! There is no way I'm giving up anytime soon...

I agree that would be good to see

I remeber reading one of those ones
    I read the SS.anne with LT's Elactabuzz
    And poliwhirl going to poliwrath :D
    Can't wait to see that

That was a cool part, a lot of the scenes in the manga were really interesting and unique, I'll try to carry over that feeling to the game

This is gonna be awesome I can already see it. Good luck with this... I've always wanted to play Red's story based game! Hope you start soon working on it!

I'll start working on it tonight! And thanks a lot :)

im making a gold manga- remake also lol, but anyways, this looks really good, i love the screens, good luck with it

I saw your hack, it looks great, good luck with it. And thanks, even though I'm surprised no one has pointed out the tree-shading errors in them :P (they've been fixed, by the way)

sounds great. another hack im looking foward to playing

Thanks a lot!

Manga remake, eh?

I hope this has good mapping, because the last manga remake I saw had bad mapping. >.<
    I'm looking forward for this one, so best of luck!

I feel like I can map decently, I sadly cannot make beautiful works of art like the people in the map rating thread, and honestly I don't want to. I feel that the purpose of the maps is to provide a setting for the scripts, so I keep that in mind when I hack.

For the yellow's stories you has that has to change character

This hack will not contain Yellow's adventures, only Red's :D

Cool, a manga remake!^^ Although I only read till the Gold arc(starting with the R/S arc soon!^^) arc up until now!^^ The Red arc was really epic, especially the battles and the idea of evil gym leaders!^^ I once imagined how it'd be in a hack... if you really want to do it excactly, that'll be pretty hard, hope you're up for it! However, hope to see more soon, I'd love to see this finished!^^

Thanks :D I don't know how excatly it will be, some of the events would be nearly impossible (for instance, when the gym leaders are torturing Red/Blue). I'll try my best though.

Awesome a manga remake! the manga was really great its a good thing your making this!!! :)

Dont give up!!

Awesome, thanks so much!

---------

I'll work on chapter 2 tonight :D

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • you beat me to the punch xD
    some of the manga episodes however, I think may require some asm (such as the pokemon mix up one, and the episodes where reds pogaymonstarz evolve) so I'll look forward to see what you come up with :D

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Thanks for the userbar. I just updated the Progress section on the first post, if you're interested in what I've been doing. I just realized that I will need to start inserting a bunch of sprites soon XD

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    cant wait 4 this. iv been reading the manga waiting 4 this 1. reds story is so great. acording 2 the screenies your doing a great job remaking reds story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back