• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Red's Adventure: A Manga Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm working on the same thing XD;
    Mhm, it's not manga "remake", more of a manga portrayal in a hack. You can't actually say a remake as there has never been an original manga based game XD Anyways, it's looking good. I'd suggest you release a beta after every volume you finish. It's looking good thus far. Best of luck.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I was thinking of actually releasing a beta after gym or gym-event, then people could play some of my progress, because with all the ASM events and all, it will be awhile before I finish a volume :P

I updated the Progress of what I did tonight

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Im a big Manga fan(especially POkemon DP and Pokemon Special Adventures )
    and I think that this hack is one of the few that has caught my eye.
    Plz dont give up on this hack... IT WILL KILL ME!

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Im a big Manga fan(especially POkemon DP and Pokemon Special Adventures )
    and I think that this hack is one of the few that has caught my eye.
    Plz dont give up on this hack... IT WILL KILL ME!

I'm not giving up...I'm actually working on some ASM stuff right now, I'm really trying to make it so that when you lose to Mew in the wild battle it continues the script. For some reason though my debugger keeps crashing whenever I open it so I'm unable to set breakpoints and all that and there's no way I'm searching through millions of data for the wildbattle stuff. I still have other ideas I'm working on though...

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • on spriters resource, they have red sprites that look like the manga one, i came across it while getting my gold sprites, consider it friendly tip xD

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • on spriters resource, they have red sprites that look like the manga one, i came across it while getting my gold sprites, consider it friendly tip xD

Alright thanks a lot, I will check those out definitely.

Anyway, I'm gone for 3 weeks so progress will be halted, I'll finish up the ASM event when I get back :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I don't like the mapping that much but it's alright. :3

A remake, huh? Great to know! Hoping to see more about this.

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
    Years
  • Awsome a manga hack I just finished da 1st generation manga!!
    I'm making a Kanto rom hack too (not going very well since its my first hack)
    Would you play as Green/blue (da girl) instead of Leaf?

Years
  • thats a very good question what happens if the player is a girl wont you make a NEW sprite that is not based on leaf??

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • This looks really good, and from what I can see, the first of its kind. Don't give up on it, this looks like it has the makings of a very awesome hack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back