• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Reformed' Murderer recalled to prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • In 1993 a two year old boy was snatched away from his mother by two ten year children. They brutally murdered the young child, and tortured him. All for a life. The extremities they put through are maybe a bit too gory for a Pokémon forum. The two puts were 'reformed' and released from a safehouse at the ages of eighteen. They were given new identities and shipped far away from their previous homes. But, over the past week one of the killers has breached his parole conditions and has been recalled to prison. Jon Venables' breaching is still unknown, but is rumoured to be extremely serious and are likely to leaked in the coming days. Where he has been located to is still unknown.

Discuss.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Seems like no amount of rehabilitation would ever fix that type of kid...

Some people's minds were just wired wrong, and this could be the case here...

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • I heard about both of the stories.
    I think they should both be locked up for life.
    I want to know, what was wrong with them, what caused them to do something as screwed up as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • The parole conditions that he has breached may be nothing more than Venables having returned to the Merseyside area, or having missed a curfew or a parole meeting. The allegations by a largely disreputable tabloid that he was involved in a fight may be true, but it's certainly nothing like what he did in 1993. Both Thompson and Venables had shown remorse for their actions, and had been completely rehabilitated after ten years spent at Her Majesty's pleasure. Your use of quotation marks would be sloppy journalism, were it to be published - it infers that Venables has gone and done exactly what he did in 1992 to James Bulger, and that is almost certainly not the case.

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
  • In 1993 a two year old boy was snatched away from his mother by two ten year children. They brutally murdered the young child, and tortured him. All for a life. The extremities they put through are maybe a bit too gory for a Pokémon forum. The two puts were 'reformed' and released from a safehouse at the ages of eighteen. They were given new identities and shipped far away from their previous homes. But, over the past week one of the killers has breached his parole conditions and has been recalled to prison. Jon Venables' breaching is still unknown, but is rumoured to be extremely serious and are likely to leaked in the coming days. Where he has been located to is still unknown.

Discuss.

This is WHY I support capital punishment--it costs too much tax money to support all of these people who will never change their ways to live in prison forever.

I find it incredibly stupid... :cer_pissed:

Years
  • This is WHY I support capital punishment--it costs too much tax money to support all of these people who will never change their ways to live in prison forever.

Yep, because killing two eleven-year-old boys would definitely have been the right solution, right?

Seriously?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Even where there is capital punishment, it is not applied to children under 18 in the U.S.

The most they would get where I live is prison until age 24.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • All I want to know is why two ten-year-old boys would go and bludgeon a two year-old to death in the first place. Then I'll jump into the debate of whether or not we should be worried. :/

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    This is WHY I support capital punishment--it costs too much tax money to support all of these people who will never change their ways to live in prison forever.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Also, http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Hopefully they will get what they deserve. I don't see the point in murder./constructive

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    That's horrible. Especially since they were only ten. They should have kept them locked up.

Years
  • All I want to know is why two ten-year-old boys would go and bludgeon a two year-old to death in the first place. Then I'll jump into the debate of whether or not we should be worried. :/

Troubled backgrounds and chaotic upbringings. They probably developed a fractured sense of right and wrong, though I would not dare to suggest they didn't know that what they were doing was wrong. I would imagine they thought the magnitude of what they were going to do was much less than it actually was.

Anyway, this thread clearly isn't going to provoke any more posts that don't essentially say "murder is wrong lock them up +1 to my post count please", so I'll take my leave. :|

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Anyway, this thread clearly isn't going to provoke any more posts that don't essentially say "murder is wrong lock them up +1 to my post count please", so I'll take my leave. :|
    Death penalty.
    Take that.
    xD

Anyway, that's just wrong what they did and they should be tortured and then killed just like they did to that two-year-old boy.
    :/

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • The James Bulger killing was a horrific incident which will hopefully neverbe repeated. That's why the two killers should not have been released. I don't support capital punishment in this instance and I don't support the idea of permanent imprisonment. What I want t know is why the two boys in question are not in a mental institution.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • That Is Sick - Two 10Yr Old Boys Kill A Two Year Old Boy? Why don't People Get The Message? - What Goodness Are You doing Murdering People??? Really.
    Also They Should Be Locked Up In Prison Forever For That - Life Sentance?

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • This is WHY I support capital punishment--it costs too much tax money to support all of these people who will never change their ways to live in prison forever.

Because killing them would unkill the kid and undo whatever it was he did. Not only that, but we would learn so much about what caused people to do that stuff so we can prevent it in the future when they're DEAD, right?

Ooh, I want to add to the problem so my family can have five-hundred dollars in my wallet annually.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Uh....I'm not really sure about the rest of the "OMG he should be put into life sentence" people, but personally, it just says he breached the conditions of release, NOT that he killed someone again. In the article itself it says that the conditions of license are strict. It also says that there's no evidence that returning to jail was caused by committing an offense, approaching his family, or returning to Merseyside.

Also, this is getting into another Life in Prison vs. Death Sentence debate :/

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
  • Because killing them would unkill the kid and undo whatever it was he did. Not only that, but we would learn so much about what caused people to do that stuff so we can prevent it in the future when they're DEAD, right?

Ooh, I want to add to the problem so my family can have five-hundred dollars in my wallet annually.

I saw the bludgeon of replies to my post--didn't realize how bad that sounded when I wrote that. Sorry guys!!! :embarrass

I'm really not that kind of person!!

I guess I just don't think that they deserve to have life in prison--to live after doing something so horrible like that. But then again maybe then they'd have the rest of their lives to ponder the bad things they did.

That would definitely do something!

Not to mention, at such a young age, I don't think they have a chance (or a will?) to change their ways.

Sorry about the bad post! :embarrass :disappoin

EDIT:

Also, (I don't have a particular strong opinion on this--this is what I've heard other people say) why keep those kind of people in society anyway, those who have no hope of changing their ways. There is no point in it. And if they are let out, people fear for their own safety and they'd bring no good. That's just what I've gotten from that I guess.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back