• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Refrences

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You're filling out an application and have to list at least three references. They can't include family members and, typically, aren't supposed to include friends (but we all know from prior work experience that the gap between coworkers and friends can consolidate).

Who would you list as your references and who are those people to you?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Julie, ex-Assistant Manager of Maxi when I worked there. She was fantastic and I know she'd be a good reference.

Evelyn, Front End Manager of WM. She loves me 'cause I do lots of donations and Mastercards + I'm the friendliest, bubbliest person who works for her.

And Anand, Subway Manager. Worked for two years, trained his employees and have always been reliable.

I haz good references. Yuh.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I've always had trouble with references because I know so few people in a work environment. :( But I usually manage to get three from somewhere every time I have to do an application.

Eric and/or Amy, my Youth Minister & Venture Crew leader. Also both are church event co-ordinators. I've done so much volunteer projects with the both of them that they have a good idea of how I'd be in a work environment. And they love me. Their family is basically my family- they're nearly parents to me, their sons are my best friends and their daughters my little sisters. So family, but not technically. :P

Toni, mom's friend who's known me since I was little and who I occasionally work for at her casting agency. And we hang out sometimes idk it's kind of weird.

And next time, probably Lori Ann or Susan, my immediate managers at IKEA. Who know that I do good work and who love me. Everyone loves me. I am adorable.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    A couple of years ago when I was finding references to put on my CV for my current job, I had a little bit of trouble! Fresh out of high school, young (only 18!) and even more problematic, I wasn't exactly a person with the best record with holding down a job, whether it be through getting fired (lol) or quitting on my own behalf, lol. (A full list can be found here!) But someone, I managed to rope three people into giving me a character reference:
    • Two of the deans at my high school (god bless you, Mark and Mandy)
    • My boss at the cafe I was presently working at
    I was worried I didn't think it would be enough!! But luckily, it was!!

Nowadays, I'd have more chance of getting a job with my current character references:
    • Mark & Mandy again
    • My current boss, a great guy who said he would happily write me a reference for anywhere I wanted to go once I leave his employment at the end of the year!
    • A charming woman called Shirley from HR, who I chat to when I get the chance and is always friendly!
    I'm sorted 8)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Given that I have no work experience whatsoever, the only people I can put as references are friends and people I know from school. Usually everyone I put as references are from groups I used to belong to. These are people I usually use atm:

-Greg ,the former youth minister from the youth group I'd go to. I've volunteered at a lot of the service projects and events they held along with work on and participate in some of the retreats they held there so he knows what type of worker I am.
    -Micheal the former music minister at the youth group. Pretty much the same reason as Greg.
    -Mrs. Winston a teacher I've known for at least 10 years. She taught my brother at one of the grade schools I went to and then taught me my 8th grade year at the finally school I went to for grade school. She also had her as my teacher for a few classes in high school so we have a lot of history together.
    Steve - another person I know from the youth group. He was what's called the "core team" there which is a group of young adults who help with planning all the meetings and give the talks on Sundays. They do a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff. Same reason as Greg and Micheal really.
    - Mr. Curran another teacher at my high school who taught me Communications class sophomore year. He was also the school's theatre director from 2005-2011 and I was in the plays there.
    -Mrs. Pera my high school's campus minister. I was really involved in the campus ministry there and even was a leader in one of the retreats one year.
    Mrs. Todd my high school's learning consultant.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • If I had to change jobs? Hmmm... Past people I've worked with: One's at Ubisoft Singapore now and finished up Assassin's Creed 3 a little while back, and the other is at Eidos Montreal (I think she's working on Watchdogs now.) Then my current boss at my work.

3 is usually enough but I have more on-hand if needs be.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Pfffhahaha, I have no actual references. Aside from my current job, I've had some really crappy bosses who I wouldn't pay to give testimony to my workplace skills. Nah, my plan is to pick three friends, tell them what I'm doing, and have them act professional if they receive any calls or anything. My favorite three are

>My buddy Lee, who would tell people that I'm the king of the US if I asked him to. We back each other up when it comes to shady things like lying about job references or murder.
    >One of my high school teachers if I'm actually trying to be serious, although I feel awkward about it because I almost never tell her ahead of time and I haven't spoken to her since I graduated.
    >My ex's brother because he loves putting on a show. If I put him down as a reference and they call him, he comes up with a really grand story behind whatever BS job I said he was my boss at.

Years
  • Uhhh at this point I'd probably have to list 3 co-workers from my current job, haha. There are three people ranked above me. I don't know anyone else, and it's been too long to call anyone else up for my reference list. I don't think people remember me at this point. :(

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • When I want a new job

1. my old boss from where I last worked
    2. My Husband Lee, he really knows what I am like so he would give a good ref
    3. Maybe my Dad

Years
  • When I apply to a job and need to list my 3 references, I just list my three supervisors from my previous job I had. I do this because I honestly know they'll give me a good reference. I'm only really friends with one of them, so its not like i'm putting them down for that reason.

Apricots

Cream Puff
    Years
  • I would have some significant problems with this because there is pretty much no one I could list, if I can't cite family or friends. (I don't even really have any friends, so...)

My previous job was in early 2007 and that place has since closed so can't be contacted. So that would be out the window too.
    My teachers seem to not remember me at all, and if they do, they don't have good memories of me so they would not be positive recommendations.

Hmm. :|a

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • 1. Don, a chemist that created efficient poisons to slaughter rodents and bugs while doing no harm to household pets, became good friends with him when I worked at a bug poison factory. Good times. Not really. I hate factory work.

2. Paul, my boss during my time being a gas station coffee machine repair man. That was a good job. I miss it.

3. SFC Lubey, my platoon sergeant. Good guy, he likes me so I'm sure he would say good things about my work ethics. Made me be the company's new guide-on bearer, so hopefully that counts for something.

Back