• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Refurbed Graphics for the better :/ ?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Zooomed out White Forest makes me rage. Otherwise the graphics for the overworld were pretty good. I can't complain about them.

In battle, though, the graphics look terrible. And the fact that it zooms in on the Pokemon as an attack hits, showing off exactly how badly pixelated they actually are, makes it all the more annoying to look at. I would have gladly accepted non-animated battle sprites if it meant they looked better.

I agree, the zoomed out White Forest / Black City was annoying as ever.
    However, I loved how the Skyarrow Bridge displayed the trucks and ships going under and across the bridge. The thing that bugs me is how the sprites are badly pixelated from the back, however the sprites from the opponent's side of the field didn't bother me much... I don't think animation was a problem with the sprites, it's just they are pixelated.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, to be honest, while the Gen III graphics do have its charm... it's just plain outdated by this point in time. It's inevitable that the series will be headed for full 3D, and you can definitely see the traces of the change from III to IV and IV to V.

Besides, the graphics work for the most part in the game. Pixellated battle sprites and blurrovision battle backgrounds aside, it looks really nice for what's probably horribly aged hardware by this time. And it's all the little touches that count, like many posters above have said.

Back