• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Regi Puzzles

MyeAyeNuss

Swoh
Years
  • How would one go about making the original regi puzzles with Pokemon Essentials. I'm talking about the "Two left, two down, rock smash" kind of puzzles
    I created a path that turns on switches that turn off if you deviate from the set path, i put in an invisible rocksmash event but i need to interact with the rock smash event to open the door instead of using rocksmash from the menu.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    without scripting for it, the way i'd do it with events is just start a switch after u talk to the wall that gives u the instructions
    then just spam player touch events with the condition that switch is on
    if you move left AND a certain variable is 0, that certain variable becomes 1
    then if you step on the event left side of that AND the variable is exactly 1 it becomes 2
    and repeat that till u make ur path, any other event you step on will turn the switch off making it impossible to complete the route
    for the rock smash part... thats a bit trickier... i kinda have an idea what i'd change and where but not a concrete idea

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • What I'd theoretically do is create an invisible Rock Smash rock event that only shows up if you follow the path exactly. Make it so you can't interact with the event in the overworld and you have to have to use Rock Smash from the Pokemon menu (or do if you want). That should do the trick

MyeAyeNuss

Swoh
    Years
  • When I do add the invisible rock smash event, it only plays the SE for the regular rocksmash event but doesnt play the switch I tell it to do, I have to interact with the event to turn on the switch and open the door instead of using rocksmash without interacting and opening the door. But thanks you for some of the help, it is really appreciated

MyeAyeNuss

Swoh
    Years
  • Make it so the invisible rocksmash event is under you, but have it only do the event if you're facing down.
    I tried doing this and it didn't work, either the rocksmash event wouldnt be possible, the tile would be un-passable, or the event would go off just by stepping on it and not using rocksmash.
    I really do appreciate the help and effort though, thanks

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    can't you just set the event graphic to a grass tile/ floor tile, so it's "invisible" but you can still interact with it?

MyeAyeNuss

Swoh
    Years
  • can't you just set the event graphic to a grass tile/ floor tile, so it's "invisible" but you can still interact with it?

I've tried that but i dont want you to press the interract button and use rocksmash, I want the player to use rocksmash from the pokemon menu

Years
    • Seen today
    just an idea
    go in def can use move rock smash and add this line right on the top
    Code:
    def canUseMoveRockSmash?
     return true if $game_switches[69]
    then in usemoverocksmoash add this IF in the top too
    Code:
    def useMoveRockSmash
     if $game_switches[69]
       Kernel.pbMessage("Oh noes, the ground is trembling.")
       $game_variables[420] += 1
       return true
    end

always keeping in mind the reseting thing i mentioned earlier so this X+1 value that would be achieved after using rocksmash would trigger the final door to open
    then u just add an autorun event
    conditional branch game variable 420 == ?
    game_switches[69] == of
    wait Y frames
    **open door**

i didnt test it or anything, it just crossed my mind this might work

Back