• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region Map Crash

pokemasterintraining

New Beginning
Years
  • Hello :) After making my region map and using the townmapgen.html
    I passed the data into the townmap.txt in the PBS Folder.
    But when I open up the pokegear and try to open my town map this error pops up and then it crashes

--------------------------- Pokemon Essentials --------------------------- Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `bitmap' for nil:NilClass PokemonRegionMap:224:in `pbMapScene' PokemonRegionMap:311:in `pbStartScreen' PokemonPokegear:137:in `update_command' PokemonPokegear:134:in `pbFadeOutIn' PokemonPokegear:134:in `update_command' PokemonPokegear:116:in `update' PokemonPokegear:65:in `main' PokemonPokegear:62:in `loop' PokemonPokegear:69:in `main' PokemonUtilities:892:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene' This exception was logged in C:\Users\Me\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt. Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

Just in case here's whats on the townmap.txt file incase it helps
    [01]
    Name="Gralisea Region"
    Filename=map.png
    Point=6,10,"Arlise Town",,,,,
    Point=8,11,"Cameria Town",,,,,
    Point=8,8,"Tondio City",,,,,
    Point=9,8,"Soreen Forest",,,,
    Point=11,8,"Soreen Town",,,,,
    Point=11,5,"Lonvea Village",,,,,
    Point=10,6,"Lonvea Village",,,,,
    Point=11,6,"Lonvea Village",,,,,
    Point=11,11,"Prys Town",,,,,
    Point=15,5,"Nanabe Town",,,,,
    Point=17,9,"Tyrum City",,,,,
    Point=7,5,"Canalabe Town",,,,,
    Point=5,6,"Poliwag Hole",,,,,
    Point=5,3,"Alerisa City",,,,,
    Point=5,4,"Mt. Gralisea",,,,,

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • First and foremost, check to make sure the image name you input is correct. I'm guessing "map.png" probably is, but it's worth making sure that's not why you get the error.

Second, have you customized the town map script at all?

pokemasterintraining

New Beginning
    Years
  • Yeah I just cheked it was "Map.png" changed it to "map.png" but still nothing, and I haven't modified the town map script :)

Oh I almost forgot when I try to open the town map, some text appears at the bottom
    saying "The map data could not be found"

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Yeah I just cheked it was "Map.png" changed it to "map.png" but still nothing, and I haven't modified the town map script :)

Oh I almost forgot when I try to open the town map, some text appears at the bottom
    saying "The map data could not be found"

Ah, I think I know what it is.

Instead of using [01], try using [0]. Your map is trying to read from the default region [0] because you haven't instructed it otherwise. Region map [0] is read by default, but you have region map [1] defined.

Back