• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Regions & Plots

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In generation one and two games, GameFreak and Nintendo had introduced two regions to us--Kanto and Johto.

Kanto was featured in Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, primarily; its story was more or less focusing around Pokémon Trainer Red, who sets out his journey from Pallet Town to, one day, become champion. On his path, he faces various obstacles, such as facing off against his rival constantly--Gary, who, at one point, becomes champion himself--and stopping Team Rocket from committing bad deeds.

In Gold, Silver, and Crystal, Johto was featured. In plot of this region, Team Rocket plans on making a comeback, but the protagonist goes out of their way to stop them and put the organization out for good, with help of a friend we know as Lance. On their way, they also become champion, similarly to above, as well as get some chance to explore Kanto afterward.

Anyhow, what are our thoughts on Johto and Kanto all-together, and which location of these two regions would be our most favorite? Why so? What are our opinions on the storyline of RBGY? GSC?

Ycia

Metal Generation.♥
    Years
  • Anyhow, what are our thoughts on Johto and Kanto all-together, and which location of these two regions would be our most favorite? Why so? What are our opinions on the storyline of RBGY? GSC?

Thoughts, hum. For me, Kanto would always be the better one, Johto doesn't have a Safari zone, only 3 caves for the legendaries(Crystal), excluding Celebi, w/c prolly you didn't get, while in Kanto, 4 legendary, and you wouldn't need trading to get the 4th one. As for the story line, i would say that Johto will win in that round, both starts with an errand, battles a rival, battles a gang, except that in Johto, it also revolves with the history of some legendaries. Saying that, I will say again that Kanto is the better one, because of a pikachu following you in the back.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I agree with Ycia, mainly because of the Safari Zone. I loved catching Pokemon in there, and sometimes find a couple Pokemon that I want on my team in there. And of course, the nostalgia factor that comes into play with it being the first region I've ever played in.

But as far as storyline is concerned, I prefer Johto because of the post-game content. I was so surprised and excited when I found out we went to Kanto next, probably the best feeling I had as a kid. It was also exciting (albeit frustrating) searching for the legendary dogs. Overall, I was completely enamored with GSC's storyline as a child.

Back