• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regrets.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Biggest regret was not graduating with honors from uni. I had been in honors from 6th grade up until the last semester of my 4th year in college. My grades and overall GPA fell slightly below the required threshold. Another regret was when in 4th grade, I was offered to be class hall monitor and patrol officer. My parents made me decline because they didn't want me walking around at school alone or in parking lots. I dunno, I'm a perfectionist when it came to school and pushed myself so hard. Yet, it was never enough for me. It caused a lot of sleepless nights and skipped meals, but regardless of the consequernces on my health, my entire being wanted to excel in school.

The same can be said for my biggest online regret in not being able to push myself further. The drive remains there, but life was too pressuring. I'm trying to find the happy medium. I look forward to the day I return to my peak.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    A couple months ago during the historic flooding that was going on in Houston, I made a stupid mistake by actually DRIVING IN FLOODWATER instead of staying at my boyfriend's place safe and sound. I would probably have drowned myself if I took a turn for the worst, thankfully I survived, but next time I should always listen to my boyfriend and his mom in a situation similar to this one.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Simply not being as active in things in high school as I could've been. I think I left a lot on the table then and it could've changed my course now for the better. Then again, I believe all things happen for a reason, so I'm on the path I am now because I'm supposed to be and I'll find out why as I go.

wow way to make this way deeper than it was supposed to be

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    I regret giving my actual number to Red Cross. I was donating blood for Red Cross, like...no big deal. But every day after that I got phone calls from them regarding dates to donate more blood or other opportunities for other things. EVERY DAY. I tried blocking them about a month after that. But then it only showed up as "blocked calls" after that. Like, phone notification shows up. What's that? My crush is texting me back? Nope. RED CROSS. Or phone vibrates. What's that? A friend wants to hang out? Nope. RED CROSS. I tried calling them to stop this but it goes directly to this automated voice thing. And they were really persistent about it for two years. Every day. Two years. But, it's gotta be worth it, though. I just hope Red Cross doesn't do the same to who ever received my blood.

Another regret, not starting an internship in college as soon as I could, or getting a job before that. So many jobs I tried finding after I graduated requires a minimum of 2-3 years work experience for entry level jobs. I only had one year experience total after I graduated.

Third regret: not exchanging contact information of some of the people I've met. I bumped into a homeless girl once who couldn't be older than 16 at the time. I kind of freaked, because before I walked up to her and saw her holding up a sign as my friends and I exited a freeway, a nicely dressed looking guy wearing a fedora with a phone was pacing back and forth behind her. One of the friends who was street smart immediately pointed out the fact the he was a pimp of sorts ( I was a little skeptical of that). When I approached her while the guy was momentarily gone, I gave her stuff -- she looked like she hadn't eaten for awhile. She said she wanted a job so she could support her mother. Her eyes told me how desperate she was. I should have at the very least given an email address that doesn't reveal anything about me, but right then, I saw the shady guy approaching from behind. I quickly gave her some poorly thought out encouragements and walked away. Maybe, just maybe if I gave her my email, I could have helped her more in some way. But then again, would I have more regrets giving any information to her? Hope she turned out fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    I regret not thinking to download my favorite amvs before they were deleted. And for deleting some of them of my computer. Now I miss them.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    mostly to do with letting depression run my life and therefore missing numerous life-changing opportunities

or letting it ruin life for me full stop and making my day to day routine about simply existing than doing anything

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    I have a few big ones, and I suspect I may create new ones in the future, but overall...I find no point in loading myself down with "if only I had done this..." or "I wonder what would have happened", etc.

We don't always chase after what we want, and don't always do what's right. And that's absolutely okay - it'd be so boring if we knew everything. So, its far more beneficial to forgive yourself, and keep on moving ahead.

Why live at all if you're living in the past? Always stay in the moment, reflect on the past and learn from it and then move on, and be excited about the future. Our destinations in life are uncertain and infinitely filled with possibilities - and its such a wonderful thing to be a part of.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    That's some serious shit for a 16 years old, well done! It's easy to say though.
    Thanks I suppose? I don't really think my age directly correlates with my sense of maturity or outlook on various facets of life though, I personally find its more accurately determined by the experiences a person has - which, obviously, can be drastically different from person to person. Assuming one's level of intelligence or wisdom based solely on their age would be a flawed method to say in the least.

Well yes, most things are more easily said than done, so I hope I didn't imply that what I was talking about is easy to implement in one's own handling of regrets. I'm not really sure what you mean by telling me that though, because I wasn't just saying that, I really do my best to fulfill all of those things.

Reactions: Nah

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I regret how much leverage I gave certain people in my life when I was younger. I regret the ways I acted when I saw how my trust was abused. I also regret how I take important things for granted, like my close personal relationships.

I'm working on it though.

Years
    For me, it's not doing as much exercise as I hoped to do. Blame my busy life for that.

Another one is I would have had an actual job, if only I didn't have such an evil bully in my work studies class.

Back