• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Rei & Akari: What do you think of the protagonists?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years

• Rei (left) and Akari (right) are the protagonists of Legends: Arceus and a member of the Galaxy Team's Survey Corps. Their goal will be to meet every species of Pokémon from the every corner of the Hisui region as you work to complete the land's first-ever Pokédex.

Their designs are obviously a twist on Lucas/Dawn, which I really like. It looks appropriate to the setting and a lot cooler than Lucas or Dawn ever looked. What do you think, and who do you plan to pick?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I like the white headband(?) of the girl, but otherwise I don't feel very strongly about either of them. I'll probably end up picking Akari because upon consideration I like her name more haha.

Years
  • Akari will be my pick for sure! They are both cute and I've always liked the warmer clothes on characters. Only thing for me is Akari would have been a bit cuter with some bangs being visible, I think, but it's nothing major. Still like both. ❤️

Years
  • I am biased cause I liked Dawn in both the game and the anime series itself. I really think their design is very fitting, and think both designs look cute. Akari will be my pick for me too.

pkmin3033

Sigh...another game, another generic male protagonist who looks exactly the same as the last five or six we've had. I really do wish they'd mix up the designs a bit, even if it is clearly intentional this time as a throwback to Lucas...who is the one who has served as a blueprint for every male protagonist follow, haha.

I do like Akari though, she looks like a slightly more mature Dawn, and hopefully there will be some customisation to make up for the kinda drab clothing. I'll pick her and call her Dawn just to confuse matters further!

Years
  • Sigh...another game, another generic male protagonist who looks exactly the same as the last five or six we've had. I really do wish they'd mix up the designs a bit, even if it is clearly intentional this time as a throwback to Lucas...who is the one who has served as a blueprint for every male protagonist follow, haha.

I do like Akari though, she looks like a slightly more mature Dawn, and hopefully there will be some customisation to make up for the kinda drab clothing. I'll pick her and call her Dawn just to confuse matters further!

I feel most male characters in games are a bit generic myself. I do think Akari looks way cuter and cooler. I also too hope for some slight customization in these games. I am just planning on calling her Dawn too! Usually name my protag Rika or so.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    Sigh...another game, another generic male protagonist who looks exactly the same as the last five or six we've had. I really do wish they'd mix up the designs a bit, even if it is clearly intentional this time as a throwback to Lucas...who is the one who has served as a blueprint for every male protagonist follow, haha.
    i mean, every human male protag in the main series and most of the ones in the side games and spin-offs have been brunet light skin dudes at base...
    i can also excuse the last few as they have been made as templates for character customization.
    besides, the generic male protag thing technically started with red, whose own design resembles terry bogards to the point that it confused the children when terry was added into ssb4...
    5e1aa18dba601.jpg

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like their names a lot, and their designs are good too. Unfortunately, I was never a huge fan of Lucas'/Diamond's beret lmao, but... I'm not exactly a big fan of whatever Akari is wearing either xD I'd probably pick the girl option because honestly IF they end up having customized clothes, the femme stuff tends to be more fun ;V did the same in Alola.

Years
    • Seen today
    I like both of these designs so it'll be hard deciding who to pick.

The name Akira reminds me of persona 5 quite a bit

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I plan on picking Akari though, I really like both if their designs to be honest. I plan to take advantage of the bit of customization there seems to be already with the different clothing set for pre-order bonuses.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I need to look at the customization a bit more, but the female protag usually has far more clothing and just looks better in my opinion. I've only really liked Unova male Protag, but even then Hilda had a far better and unique design. I've honestly never liked Lucas. Out of all the male Protags, he has always been at the bottom for me. And I feel like his beret really takes away from the aesthetics of the game. Especially since the beret wasn't really even invented until 1889, which I think is a little late for this game. While I don't think it is that far in the past, I do think it is earlier than that.

That being said, I am probably gonna go with Akari.

Back