• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationship with your parents.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Tolerable at best. And by that, I mean we either stick to our own devices and don't talk at all, or I'm somehow able to ask them a question without them screaming at me.

Most of the time, asking something simple - like "Are we going to the store today?" or "Are there any seconds?" will result in them going ballistic and screaming bloody murder at me. There are also a lot of things we don't see eye-to-eye on, and they don't hesitate to call me lazy or stupid, or try to send me on a guilt trip when I try to express my opinions. Shouting matches, with threats of violence, usually follow.

It's gotten better as of late since I tend not to speak and just avoid them whenever I can, but I still get yelled at for asking simple questions.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • The maximum. I trust them with all my heart, chat with them about crushes I have, play sports and play games together, watch the same shows...I mean, it's perfect.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My parents are both great, but I can't imagine living with them again. When I do spend long period of time with them, it takes about 2-3 weeks for their neuroses to kick in and start driving me up the wall... but in short doses, they're really great. They compliment each other really well and are really loving, and we can talk about stuff. But they just drive me insane if I have to spend too long with them. Don't ask me why; I barely know myself. :D

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • My parents are a bit overprotective. They just interfere too much with me and my mom overreacts on almost everything. I usually feel unheard. I feel like I'm mentally chained. I know they love me and try to do what they think is the best for me but I just have the feeling my future gets planned for me most of the time. But when I try to talk to them about it everything just gets messed up in my head and I feel like a total retard for having such stupid ideas.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I look up to my parents a lot and I tell them essentially everything. Especially my mom. My family is really, really close and I can't imagine having anything but a wonderful relationship with them. I can't even think of any times we've fought or had any sort of argument in the last 5 years.

Years
  • My parents and I are pretty tight. I'm comfortable talking to them about anything.

However, I don't talk to them very often anymore. I don't like calling people just to say hi, and they never do the same for me. That and all I've got in my life is work and it never changes, so I have nothing interesting to talk about. ^^;

Back