• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relative Died

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    I know I'm not very well known here, but I just thought I'd ask everyone for some emotional/comedic support.
    My grandfather died today. I was named after him, and we were very close.
    It's been rough, but I thought maybe some people could help with a few kind words or making me laugh or something.
    Sorry if this shouldn't go here, just tell me.

-Tator

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Sorry for your loss. Over a year ago my dad was found passed out & blue. He was rushed to the hospital but we were not sure he was going to make it. While waiting I watch comedian clips on youtube - it helped. Luckily he ended up making a full recovery - he has breathing problems and he was out of the country - the air was not clean enough.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I suggest looking at some Lolcats or something. They always cheer me up.

And that's very sad to hear. Give my love to him and your family <3

Years
    I know I'm not very well known here, but I just thought I'd ask everyone for some emotional/comedic support.
    My grandfather died today. I was named after him, and we were very close.
    It's been rough, but I thought maybe some people could help with a few kind words or making me laugh or something.
    Sorry if this shouldn't go here, just tell me.

-Tator

It's almost been five years, but I too lost my grandfather, who at the time I was very close to, at the age of 14. Of course, I'm sure the other circumstances were very different, as my grandfather was in chronic poor health for over a decade prior because of poorly maintained diabetes early in his life, and had finally reached the point where he could not possibly return to health. It was easier for me to cope because I knew that he had outlasted the lifespan predictions of many doctors, and that he didn't want me to put my life on hold grieving over him.

If you need help coping with it, dwell on the positives.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Yeesh... I know losing someone like that is hard. (I just recently lost my grandmother...)
    All you can really do is know that they loved you, and would want you to be okay.
    Don't dwell on it forever, but allow yourself time to heal.
    Just smile, it makes your butt tingle!

Valo

Years
    Aww that sucks, feel sorry for you :(

Moved country so I am not close to my grandparents on any level, I always worry they're gonna have something bad happen to them :(

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    Yeah. It's hard, but was expected.
    He's been contained to a bed and wheelchair for the past 5 years.
    He broke both of his hips, one right after the other was almost healed.
    He's also had two strokes. So he really wasn't expected to live much longer.
    He was a VERY important man though, so I suppose it's cool to be named after him.
    Vice president of a large portion of Eastman Chemical Company.
    Two buildings named after him in Tennessee, haha.

-Tator

Years
    I am sorry to hear about this.
    One thing that helped me through deaths in my friends and family, is that people have it a lot worse than me.
    It doesn't make the current situation that you are in any easier, but it helps you know that you are not the only person going though things like this.

Last year, my best friend, my grandmother and auntie all passed away within the same month.
    If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you.
    Just drop me a message.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm sorry about your grandfather I've lost my grandfather as well so I know exactly what you're going through hang in there.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Protip: ^ Needs some more luvs and a cookie. Please donate some now.

I am very sorry for your loss. I can tell it is very hard to loose someone close to you but I never knew what it is like. My grandpa died when I was about 2 and never knew, and the rest of my grandparents are in good health.

Also, Google SMOSH and That guy with the glasses. Those 2 internet groups will either make you LAWL or make you LAWL!

Years
    I am very sorry about this. My uncle who i am named after - hey, we have something in common, we were named after someone! - died, he was addicted to Heroin, and done a bit of Cocaine. Not fun.

You seem to be strong though, Tatortotts.

To cheer you up, check out:

A: Funny vids on Youtube
    B: Demotivational pics
    C: Lolcats

My thoughts are with you, and don't feel too sad. Your Grandpa will always be watching you, and will always be proud of you. Always remember that.

PS:
    I have also lost my Grandpa. I know how you feel. If you have any hobbies, or interests, do them until you recover, and then always reemember that it is perfectly normal to get sad about it sometimes. :D

Your fellow PCer,

>> Quilava Blaze <<

mike182

H&S league ghost type gym
    Years
    sorry to hear about that....unfortunately im not close with any of my grandparents and i dont know what to say to help you cope

Back