• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Release Date Discussion [June 23 - Japan] [Q3 - Worldwide]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Since Genesect is connected to Unova and has event prepared already, I'm not sure about it. Even if they would put Genesect in R/S remakes, how would they do that?

True but Arceus had one planned for DP too...one that was never carried out...until PtHgSs.
    Who knows maybe they put Genosect in Hoenn after it was scraped by N... besides they put the regis (well this somewhat justified due to regigigas) and the legendary birds in Pt...so...
    Basically event pokemon aren't reliable indicator's to what will come next.

I too believe the third version is over due...besides every third version mascot (except Kanto's) have had their version come out after the second movie of it's generation.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Gray is the most likely. I guarantee it.

For Gen IV:
    D&P: Sep 2006
    Spinoffs: 2007--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--
    Platinum: Sep 2008
    HGSS: Sep 2009
    B&W: Sep 2010

So far for Gen V
    Spinoffs: 2011--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--

So I bet
    Grey: Sep 2012 - Main Event: Kyurem
    MRAS: Sep 2013 - Main Event: Meloetta
    GenVI: Sep 2014

Genesect: No ingame events used, similar to Arceus. Distributed through the 16TH film in 2013.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

True but Arceus had one planned for DP too...one that was never carried out...until PtHgSs.

But there is a difference between official Arceus' event in D/P/Pt and Genesect's in B/W.
    Official Arceus' event in D/P/Pt was never carried out because it required Azure Flute which was never released. In that way they saved Arceus for HG/SS promotion.
    For Genesect event in B/W all that is needed is only Genesect itself. So there is no way this event won't be carried out. I guess that Genesect would appear in movie 16 in 2013 and it will be distributed for Gray released in the same year. All the same could happen also to Meloetta.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I doubt Gray will be announced yet, if anything, Coro Coro will announce a forme for Kyurem. Main Games usually get revealed in April-May, ESPECIALLY when they have the mascot in a movie.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gray is the most likely. I guarantee it.

For Gen IV:
    D&P: Sep 2006
    Spinoffs: 2007--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--
    Platinum: Sep 2008
    HGSS: Sep 2009

So far for Gen V
    Spinoffs: 2011--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--

So I bet
    Grey: Sep 2012 - Main Event: Kyurem
    MRAS: Sep 2013 - Main Event: Meloetta
    GenVI: Sep 2014

Genesect: No ingame events used, similar to Arceus. Distributed through the 16TH film in 2013.

This ^

It will most likely happen like that.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I thought that Gray would be announced next month.. but now I'm thinking that yes, it will be April 15ths issue of CoroCoro.. opposed to next months.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I place my bet on this year around autumn or so :) Reason being that it will be the perfect timing since in autumn... Many big name games are coming out for 3DS, Pokemon can't be left out.

If it wont be the 3rd game, then i'm just 99.99% sure there will be a new Pokemon game in Autumn!

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • They will most likely release a new form for Kyurem sometime in spring. The Kyurem form may tie in with the movie. By the end of spring or the beginning of summer, the new game will be announced. Then there will be a lot of announcements from then until the game's release in autumn. The game will be released internationally during the spring of 2013.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I posted that none of Unova's event Pokemon would have connection with another region, but I think now that Keldeo could appear in Hoenn, most likely meaning R/S remakes in 2012 and Gray in 2013.

Pokedex entry: "It crosses the world, running over the surfaces of oceans and rivers. It appears at scenic waterfronts."

Keldeo's legend says that it left the forest, and went for a journey, looking for adventures. So maybe it ran over the ocean to Hoenn? That would be similar situation to d'Artagnan's (Keldeo's counterpart) who traveled from home region to another in France. There are also lots of scenic waterfronts in Hoenn, in which Keldeo appears.
    So maybe R/S remakes are going to be released this year, with catchable Keldeo? I guess Meloetta and/or Genesect would be left for Gray's promotion in 2013, because I can't think of any good reason for them to be in Hoenn, not as good as for Keldeo.

One more thing: Deoxys had first official event in FR/LG and it's sprite colors were most red and green in that games! Arceus had event in HG/SS and it's golden and gray (silver)! And Keldeo has red and blue mane, obviously fitting to Ruby and Sapphire. Also it has green neck and tail in shiny form fitting to Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    During a Q&A session during a visit to Tokyo on Saturday, Junichi Masuda was asked about when the next main series game, a game after Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, is to come out. In response, he said that he can't really respond to that question but said to watch an upcoming Pokémon Smash episode, due to air this weekend. This was followed by a post on twitter stating the same thing. Despite this, however, the summary and trailer of that episode of Pokémon Smash makes no mention of any sort of announcement. We'll bring news on these developments as and when they happen so be sure to keep checking back.

I think a new main game announcement is coming soon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well it would make sense to announce the third game now but idk 2 years after Black and White is kinda soon... Then again idk plat's timeslot lol.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's most likely going to get announced then have a japanese release date for later this year then a worldwide release for end of the year or early next year marking the 2 year gap from BW, that's how it usually goes anyhow.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Well it would make sense to announce the third game now but idk 2 years after Black and White is kinda soon... Then again idk plat's timeslot lol.
    2 years is really enough I mean It's been a long time since B/W, I don't how do you feel it's still soon :/

Yeah I think they will reveal it sooner than April or May.

BTW does anyone Know on what day Pokemon smash is coming?

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Well, that's a good question. Depends on when the information starts to get leaked. If information is leaked in the summer, then November 18, 2012. And everywhere else? March 6, 2013.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I don't think Masuda would tell us to watch Pokémon Smash this Sunday as an answer to "when are the next main series games coming" if it wasn't the announcement, or isn't a teaser to the announcement (meaning they will announce a teaser this week, official reveal next week")

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Maybe the new Kyurem's form will be revealed in Sunday, which is related to the 3rd game, that's why, but I hope I'm wrong, I want a new main game announcment.

Back