• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date For Japan: HeartGold & SoulSilver

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    First platinum comes out on September 13th and now this September 12. The reason why I'm complaining is because it comes out on the first week of school and I will not have time to play. I don't mind waiting 2 months but at least it should come out at the end of august so I can play it more. I'm still happy there making a remake though!

This is true for some people actually and I never put it in these terms. However, at least for those who may not choose to import the Japanese versions might have a better chance of an ealier release date for the English version. Though, the first few days of school aren't usually so busy [not even in high school at times], so there may be a few spare moments to play the games [if imported] at an earlier date like September 12th.

Although, at least we'll recieve more information on the games afterwards and even though it may not be coming out on its 10th anniversary date, the game will be releasing news quite fast. Not to mention, just like Platinum, sites like Youtube will be filling up fast with detailed insights on the remakes. So, if you can't play it as yet, at least you can still get to learn more about it and the early date helps I would believe.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    That is a sexy wallpaper.

I'm not happy about the release date because something bad happened on that date a few years ago... rofl. But other than that I'm excited it's coming out so soon :].

Also I'm happy that it doesn't appear to cost more than the typical other DS game, even with the Pokewalker. Now I really hope it comes to the states.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    1 week. I was off...1 week. Damn. But hey its a Saturday like I guessed so yay? But seriously this is great news. Means that only 2 issues are left which I conclude means a lot of info will come.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    my excitement erupted wen i saw the date man, its the same as my birthday date :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, so i m sure to get it as a present, hopefully, although i ll have to order it overseas

Years
    how exciting!
    i dont want to wait till may though :[
    thinking about importing it from the US when it comes out there :3 any aussie's here import platinum from US?/how much was it(game + shipping)?

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    I literally never play import games, but I'm SO excited for this that I'm tempted to import it when it comes out in Japan (and then buy the other version when it comes out in English (ie Japanese HG, English SS)... but... it'll be in Japanese and I can't read it! Am I really THAT impatient? Descisions, descisions!

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I literally never play import games, but I'm SO excited for this that I'm tempted to import it when it comes out in Japan (and then buy the other version when it comes out in English (ie Japanese HG, English SS)... but... it'll be in Japanese and I can't read it! Am I really THAT impatient? Descisions, descisions!
    i cant read it either but I managed to beat Platinum in japanese with little to no problems. Hg should be about the same for me. Plus I have serebii if I have any moveset problems.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    1 week. I was off...1 week. Damn. But hey its a Saturday like I guessed so yay? But seriously this is great news. Means that only 2 issues are left which I conclude means a lot of info will come.

Even if off by one week, it was still pretty close. At least it is earlier than what you thought, rather than later because that will only mean a longer waiting period for the game to come out in Japan, yet alone the US and other countries. However, two issues are left, and if all is right, then we can bet to get some news on the basic plot, Kanto, and possibly the hidden areas as well.

I'd like to see things get further into detail with these last two issues, at least enough where it won't absolutely spoil the game, but answer some basic questions that has left us to wonder about. Although, great news nevertheless and I'm glad the official site came up earlier this month to release this amount of news.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    nice, so were looking for a mid to late march 2010 release for NA

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I'm not actually looking forward to Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I mean, Pokemon Platinum has just been released and now they're announcing the release of a brand new game, not a very good idea. I'm not hating the game and all, the game seems very cool with new features such as PokeWalker, but the fact is people are just getting fond and used of Pokemon Platinum and a new game grabs all attention, or no attention at all. Not a good idea.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm not actually looking forward to Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I mean, Pokemon Platinum has just been released and now they're announcing the release of a brand new game, not a very good idea. I'm not hating the game and all, the game seems very cool with new features such as PokeWalker, but the fact is people are just getting fond and used of Pokemon Platinum and a new game grabs all attention, or no attention at all. Not a good idea.

The idea of things aren't about if it comes out too soon or too late, but when you think about it, it is timing. This year will make Gold and Silver's tenth year anniversary, so it makes sense to have it released at this year in Japan. However, you are correct about it coming out not too long after Platinum. Though, it'll basically be about a year now since Platinum was released in Japan and about a year since Platinum has been released in the states when HeartGold and SoulSilver are released outide of Japan.

Not to mention, the idea isn't about distracting the fans from one thing to the next, but to bring in the highest possible income of money for the company to substantially keep going. Video games are like cars, every year there is something always new, whether you like it or not, it is basically to bring in the money for the industry or company.

So, seeing HeartGold and SoulSilver being released now makes sense to me. Not to mention, there are certain events and things needed from Platinum to access it in the new remakes. So, purchases of Platinum will still be bought and even with the remakes it won't go down drastically as it is still a wanted game, no less of the remakes. This is kind of like a chain link, to get one things from one place, you need something else from the other and so on.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, it really isn't that far away, but I think I'll wait for the English release. I'll probably import it from the US.

Back