• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Release Date speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    In the Direct they said the games will be released Holiday 2016. When in the Holidays do you think that'll be? November? December? When do you expect we'll get a final release date?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I love how they've gone back to the simultaneous worldwide release, hopefully this will reduce the amount of spoilers for other continents. As for a release date it was slated for late 2016, so I'm going to guess end of November; 29th to be exact.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I love how they've gone back to the simultaneous worldwide release, hopefully this will reduce the amount of spoilers for other continents. As for a release date it was slated for late 2016, so I'm going to guess end of November; 29th to be exact.

After the Black Friday/Cyber Monday craze eh?

pkmin3033

End of November/Beginning of December seems mostly likely. I'm more concerned about whether it'll be a simultaneous worldwide release or if certain territories will have to wait an unreasonable amount of time again, as has always been the case in the past. I would like XY to have set a precedent, and the fact that they're going out of their way to do it in 9 languages this time makes me hope it'll be simultaneous release, but...well I doubt it.

Years
    I'm probably expecting it somewhere in November, maybe even early December. The downside to having a release date around there means this will likely be the fourth main series game in a row since B2/W2 to be released after my birthday (mine's in very early October), and therefore will have to be another one I'll have to settle for a Christmas gift.

Like Meloetta said, I hope that it's a simultaneous worldwide release like XY because it won't be fair having certain countries being forced to wait longer than others.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I would say on Black Friday would be a brilliant day because people would already be flooding stores, and what not to get than the BRAND NEW POKEMON GAME? Some people are saying they won't do this because some companies like to do a Midnight release, and many of my friends have already referenced the "midnight release for ORAS". Sad thing about that release though is that it was the same day SSB for the Wii U was released and a majority of the midnight releases consisted of SSB tournaments. Sorry, kinda getting off track ;_;, but most likely Black Friday will be the day it will be released (In my opinion).

Sirfetch’d

Usually "holiday" release games fall in late November so I am going to speculate somewhere between the 17th and 30th. Though we could be surprised with an October release so who knows?

Years
    I'm probably expecting it somewhere in November, maybe even early December. The downside to having a release date around there means this will likely be the fourth main series game in a row since B2/W2 to be released after my birthday (mine's in very early October), and therefore will have to be another one I'll have to settle for a Christmas gift.

Like Meloetta said, I hope that it's a simultaneous worldwide release like XY because it won't be fair having certain countries being forced to wait longer than others.

End of November/Beginning of December seems mostly likely. I'm more concerned about whether it'll be a simultaneous worldwide release or if certain territories will have to wait an unreasonable amount of time again, as has always been the case in the past. I would like XY to have set a precedent, and the fact that they're going out of their way to do it in 9 languages this time makes me hope it'll be simultaneous release, but...well I doubt it.

I believe the official site confirms that it's a worldwide release, so we're continuing with them.

pkmin3033

I believe the official site confirms that it's a worldwide release, so we're continuing with them.
    worldwide release =/= simultaneous release

...granted, you could infer a simultaneous worldwide release from that statement, but after being screwed over by Nintendo more times than I care to count with Pokemon titles, I won't take anything for granted until I see an actual release date. They could just be referring to the fact that it's coming to China this time as well.

Years
    I expect it to be (roughly) a one month window between November 4th and December 11th when they release the game. Any earlier than the 5th I wouldn't consider 'Holiday 2016', and any later than that and it's probably too close to Christmas.

If I had a gun to my head, I would guess that they release Sun/Moon on the 18th of November. They've released other major games on a similar date (G/S, R/S, OR/AS, and 3 Mystery Dungeon games have all been released in Japan or internationally on the week of November 17-23), and since Nintendo likes releasing games on Fridays, the 18th seems like a safe bet.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Pretty random but guessing Nov 19. I dunno why, but maybe because most of the main series games are released on the weekend(from what i've seen) and the last 2 games have been realeased around that time.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    They're probably going to do simultaneous worldwide releases for the first main games in each generation now.

I wouldn't take this as a sign that every Pokemon game from now on is going to get a simultaneous worldwide release.

As for release date, well assuming it'll be released on a Saturday again. That leaves:

5th, 12th, 19th, 26th of November
    3rd, 10th, 17th of December

as plausible release dates. The 5th of November seems a little early though....and the 17th of December seems a little on the late side. It's probably most likely the release date will be somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    When the games were first announced, MightyApe got my hopes up for nothing :c

Release Date speculation

didn't see "Estimated Date" at the time :c

I'm still really hoping for at least an early November release, but an Oct one would be nice.

Years
    October 28th? Guess that means another main series game I'll have to get for Christmas because my birthday has missed out again. The last main series game that got released before my birthday was Black & White, and everything after that came out later in October or after October.

Years
    October 28th? Guess that means another main series game I'll have to get for Christmas because my birthday has missed out again. The last main series game that got released before my birthday was Black & White, and everything after that came out later in October or after October.

When's your birthday? Holiday 2016 usually means the last two months of the year, so it was kind of to be expected. Oh, maybe you can ask for money for your birthday instead, that's what I do! Then you can use that to buy S/M at release ;)

Back