• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Releasing a Pokemon, it comes back!

Years
  • Everyone who gets it right gets a cookie from me ^^.

The problem is to do with Hms, the reason is that your Pokemon is the only one with a certain Hm in your game. If you teach another Pokemon that HM then you should be able to release the 1st one.

(That was a typeful :P)

actully i agree with shiny charmander (BECAUSE I WANT A COOKIE)

he is mostly right

ash

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Ohh.. now i can release that Graveler! I tried for ages to release it.. kept coming back XD.

Divine~Deoxys

Never happened to me...but i don't release pokemon much, i tend to go crazy about them, raise them to lv.63, get bored and leave them in a box for the rest of their lives. i think it just lurrves you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    my friend had something similar happen, but it was sorta different ( XD ) he said he released a poke, then encountered it in the wild again, with the same nickname and everything. was he lying or can this happen?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    That is incorrect. You can't Migrate a pokemon with HMs because HMs have different numbers from the GBA games to Diamond/Pearl. And Some of the HMs in the GBA games do not exist in Diamond/Pearl.

If you were "trapped" all you have to do is teach the "lost" HM to another pokemon, or reset the game.

I really doubt that I'm wrong here. The numbering of HMs has nothing to do with the problem, especially since after you teach an HM to a pokemon the HM numbering system doesn't even enter into the equation anymore. In fact, the move numbering system probably only exists for our organizational benefit and nothing else, or as a hearkening back to the Gen I games.

I say again, the restriction is to keep a player from getting trapped in a place without any way of progressing in the game. What would happen in the event that you migrated a pokemon with a HM that you needed to leave a cave (ie Surf, Strength, etc) and you didn't have any pokemon in your party that could even learn the HM afterward? You'd be trapped. After you migrate you can't get "reset" and expect to have your HM pokemon back.

Back