• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Releasing pokemon; a burden on all of us.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I've never released a single pokemon in my life.. maybe I have, but it'd probably be something useless like bidoof, but yeah, I almost never release pokemons D: Aand I think they probably return to the wild after being released? :'D I don't even know

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Why is it that you release your Pokemon?
    Because too many uneccessary Pokemon will result in the boxes being too full and when I need important Pokemon, there will be no space

How many Pokemon do you think you've released in your Pokemon Gaming days?
    including the spinoff games (such as Pokemon Rumble Blast) over 10,000 lol

What do you think happens to Pokemon after you release them?
    they go back to the wild so they can get capture again

:t354:TG

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    To be honest,I hardly ever release Pokemon.Mainly because I don't catch enough to be releasing them ...
    Most of the time I catch the team and a few slaves and that's it ...
    But I think the released ones just come back to the wild,and live their lives, some want to be caught again,some doesn't.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    It really depends if I'll struggle releasing a Pokémon or not. Most of the time when I got the Pokémon from someone or when I nicknamed it once (even just for fun at the time), I won't be able to release it because it holds a memory. Even a Pokémon that I caught for the sole purpose of how I did not like it, that Pokémon still has a reason why it's in my box.

Most of the time to clean up my boxes when they are cluttered.

Not a lot, I think 10 at most.

They are released into the wild so -story wise- they go back into the wild. But of course their data just gets deleted.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've never released a Pokemon in my life as I keep all Pokemon as they might have a use. If I ever do a nuzlocke run, I'll put "dead" Pokemon in a box and never use them again.

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
    Why is it that you release your Pokemon? just testing
    How many Pokemon do you think you've released in your Pokemon Gaming days? just one my only key to getting the regis
    What do you think happens to Pokemon after you release them? i thought they'll return to grass with my item
    never saw it again

it was a zigzagoon from emrald (was it sapphire?)
    i just stuff my pokes in my pc for trades
    theyll be staring at me at the pc to be withdrawn once more

once released (deleted) they may goto to another players data to be caught by another person
    cause of team plasma most pokemon are used to being commanded

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I rarely release them - usually if I really need more box space (not often) then I'll do it I guess. But normally I just dump them on Ranch. XD

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    My boxes are pretty much full with 3 spots remaining, because I do a lot of Global Terminal trading for Legendary Pokemon (Definitely Latias!) and I put up Dragonite everytime one is traded (Trust me, you'll get whatever you want if you put Dragonite on offer for a couple of days). But any Pokemon I breed with a Ditto to get a certain Pokemon, I will use them for a trade, but if someone has beaten me to that Pokemon, I will release it.

But the ones I work on greatly, Shiny Pokemon or the Legendaries (except Phiones), I will NEVER release them. Heck, put them up for a trade and see if you can get what you want before you release them, first.

Years

I don't. The ones I never use just sit in my PC waiting to be used. They eventually are taken out.

I can tell you right now: ZERO.

They are destroyed by MissingNo. or GHOST.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

They are destroyed by MissingNo. or GHOST.
    Always thought of sending them free into the wild, explore the world, etc. Rather than just getting stuck in the PC

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I don't know really.
    Can't count..1, 2, 3, 4, 5...I don't know.
    I don't know, they go back to the wild, I guess.

Back