• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reliable and Cheap Sub and Domain Hosting

Alakazam

Banned
Years
  • If you would like to be hosted by The APCC (https://www.the-apcc.com), then please check out the hosting plans we offer below!

Domains
    100MB of Space (additional space available)
    Unlimited Bandwidth (within reason)
    Unlimited Sub-Domains
    Unlimited POP 3 Email Accounts
    PHP Support
    MySQL Database
    CGI-Bin and Perl Access
    SSI Support
    FTP Access
    Control Panel (CPANEL 8)
    Hostee Button Link on Every Page
    Unlimited Domain Pointers
    Unlimited Email Forwarders
    Unlimited Auto Responders
    Customized Error Pages
    Everyone.net Email Support
    Technical Support
    No Setup Fee
    US $10.00/month (only 33 cents/day!)

REQUIREMENTS
    Have your own domain name
    Be able to pay through Paypal or Money Order
    Have AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or MSN Messenger

Sub-Domains
    Sub-Domain Name [https://yoursite.the-apcc.com]
    50MB of Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth (within reason)
    PHP Support
    MySQL Database
    CGI-Bin and Perl Access
    SSI Support
    FTP Access
    Hostee Button Link on Every Page
    Technical Support
    No Setup Fee
    US $5.00/month (only 17 cents/day!)

REQUIREMENTS
    Have your own domain name
    Be able to pay through Paypal or Money Order
    Have AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or MSN Messenger

If you're interested, please go to the page below and fill out the form and await further intructions. Thanks!
    https://www.the-apcc.com/index.php?id=hosting

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    First off, I never get hosting from somebody who says "Unlimited Bandwidth"... There has to be a quota.

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • Shinji Mekamori said:
    First off, I never get hosting from somebody who says "Unlimited Bandwidth"... There has to be a quota.

Listen, my site uses over 50 GB of bandwidth and it doesn't go down. When I said unlimited I meant within reason, I mean not over 100GB! Does that make you feel any better?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    could probabally make more money starting a hosting site, since most pkmn webmasters and kids and dont have money to spend on a host when they can get a sub for free from another site

The Mozz

Chiisakimono
    Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    v-road said:
    could probabally make more money starting a hosting site, since most pkmn webmasters and kids and dont have money to spend on a host when they can get a sub for free from another site

Eh, it depends. It's tough to "make money" simply hosting people, because they don't have money, period. The people I'm hosting are all much above the average Pokemon fan's age, so they have at least *some* form of income. It's just tough getting any form of payment from kids who don't have credit cards.

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • That's what parents are for, they have credit cards. Hey, I pay for hosting and I'm a kid, so I don't see how other kids can contribute at least a minimum amount of money to help, it's not asking for a lot.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • The Mozz said:
    Eh, it depends. It's tough to "make money" simply hosting people, because they don't have money, period. The people I'm hosting are all much above the average Pokemon fan's age, so they have at least *some* form of income. It's just tough getting any form of payment from kids who don't have credit cards.
    Boy isn't that the truth.. well put Mozz!

I find it quite hard to attract new clients to my hosting as a lot of referals seem to come from the pokemon/anime crowd and there is not much money there..
    everyone wants a free ride :( oh well.

now back to topic.. price is not too bad alakazam.. just hope u can find takers :)

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Parents do not want to use their credit cards online. Nor do they want to pay for something that they themselves do not understand.

By the way, parents are meant to care for God's children while they are young, not to spoil them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Shining Arcanine said:
    Parents do not want to use their credit cards online. Nor do they want to pay for something that they themselves do not understand.

By the way, parents are meant to care for God's children while they are young, not to spoil them.
    May we keep religion out of this, please? Remember: not everyone has the same faith as you do, so it's just easier not to discuss it or bring it up to avoid conflict.

I believe you're stereotyping parents. Who says they don't want to use credit cards online. My dad has been ordering things online for years and as long as I pay him back for whatever I buy, he doesn't mind giving me his credit card for online purchases. How else would I pay for my websites?

I can understand why a parent wouldn't want to give their 8-year-old their credit card number, but since I doubt very many 8-year-olds have websites that need professional hosting, well, you're safe there. XD Paypal helps to get around that. Most places accept it, and it works.

Tweak

i think the domain hosting is a bit overpriced, people can get better stuff with $10/month.

the subdomain hosting...mmm, u cud drop it to $3/month?

a typical pokemon webpage owner is in his/her early teens and can't fork out that kind of money. ala, maybe consider dropping the prices a bit? =D this is just my suggestion.

Gecko

Animaster
    Years
  • I don't understand why your charging for sub-domain hosting.

1: there is much better free sub-domain hosting
    2: most pokemon sites are owned by underaged kids who cannot use credit cards (and as mentioned before parents don't like paying)
    3 you'de get more popular if you'de have free because more people would be reffered to you. if you charge people wont reffer to you since most people are looking for free sub-domains...

Personatly. I wouldn't charge at all for Sub-Domain hosting.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    I also agree with V-Road. Take PPNSteve's hosting, it's same price for better hosting as far as I'm concerned.

"Listen, my site uses over 50 GB of bandwidth and it doesn't go down. When I said unlimited I meant within reason, I mean not over 100GB! Does that make you feel any better?"

Err... Not really. I asked you for a quota. Without one, and not even knowing your bandwidth quota sounds unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • Stinger said:
    Maybe if there were other benifits such as a link to the hosted sites, ect., you would get more takers

Hello? If you get hosted by me you get no ads and you get a link at the top of my right menu meaning instant hits! You don't get that with PPN.

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • Shinji Mekamori said:
    I also agree with V-Road. Take PPNSteve's hosting, it's same price for better hosting as far as I'm concerned.

"Listen, my site uses over 50 GB of bandwidth and it doesn't go down. When I said unlimited I meant within reason, I mean not over 100GB! Does that make you feel any better?"

Err... Not really. I asked you for a quota. Without one, and not even knowing your bandwidth quota sounds unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

Bandwidth usage (current month) 12832.98 Megabytes

Happy? PPN's hosting isn't better because you get a link at the top of my menu, meaning you'll get tons of hits. I put my hostees first, not my "next in Japan" or whatever Steve has on his site. Plus, I'm available and willing to help with any problem, I'm not always away from my computer. Another benefit with my hosting is that my server doesn't go down everyday like Steve's does. I go to Pokemon UK and I swear half the time it is really slow or it's down and I have Internet on Cable! This is in no way to insult Steve, I'm just stating the facts. I care about my hostees and want them to do well. You don't even have to be a Pokemon site!

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Err.. Steve has helped me every time and is very fast. As a matter of fact, I just renewed my hosting for him and he gave me a special deal. I get 15GB/bandwidth, so 12GB's isn't unlimited. Sorry.

My website has been up nearly non stop for several months now, and hasn't been down.

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • Shinji Mekamori said:
    Err.. Steve has helped me every time and is very fast. As a matter of fact, I just renewed my hosting for him and he gave me a special deal. I get 15GB/bandwidth, so 12GB's isn't unlimited. Sorry.

My website has been up nearly non stop for several months now, and hasn't been down.

Listen, roofus, it is unlimited, but it's not unmetered. Let me explain something to do you so that someone like you can understand because you seem to like to challenge me a lot. My Internet is unlimited, but is it really unlimited? I have Internet on Cable, but I heard that someone got cut off for using it way too much. My host just meters the bandwidth because he wants to make sure that no one is abusing the server by downloading something a million times. Unlimited is good, unmetered is stupid.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Alakazam said:
    Listen, roofus, it is unlimited, but it's not unmetered. Let me explain something to do you so that someone like you can understand because you seem to like to challenge me a lot. My Internet is unlimited, but is it really unlimited? I have Internet on Cable, but I heard that someone got cut off for using it way too much. My host just meters the bandwidth because he wants to make sure that no one is abusing the server by downloading something a million times. Unlimited is good, unmetered is stupid.
    Alec u have that backwards.. Unmetered means it's is not counted against a limit. (yes there ARE limits, i.e. type of connection your server has, the switch it's on, and so on)
    and just so u know, my server hasn't been down in well over 7 months except for normal maintinance. that include PUK's site (his site is slow due his coding)
    I can provide server records as well if you don't believe me. My hosting is professional level quality with entry level prices.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • WOW...