• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religion, a little problem on our hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    I don't really think he's trying to pull anything there .. just, leave this thread alone so Jake actually TAKES the issue into the mod-lounge.
    You should really look at the post he linked to before you conclude.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Airashii said:
    You should really look at the post he linked to before you conclude.
    Meh.. I'll check again. I was delusional when I saw that .. *sweatdrop*

And Jake, just discuss restricting religious issues with this:
    1 - Grudges, I hope you have had enough of it in that closed thread and I don't need to say more.
    2 - Flaming will be always there..
    3 - You seriously won't find mature threads in a children's forum..
    4 - There is no NEED of religious/emo/goth whining and posting and threads in a children's forum.

So there. I may be whining and acting immature .. but well, you're just refusing to take feedback. That's all..

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Ookami said:
    Name some threads then if you are so worried about them.
    ...MUST I REPEAT MYSELF? D= Does "Does god hate hentai" ring a bell? HUH? Look, GGC DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I'M SAYING NOW. I'm pointing at what HAPPENED inside that thread ..

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Ookami said:
    You have one thread though. You act as if it has been happening constantly on the forum. Tahts what I'm tryingt o get at...name more than ONE for me.
    T-Dome..? And if I can't name another thread, doesn't really mean ya'll won't take this into the lounge. Eh, religious threads are bound to pop up sometime or the other.

..LET ME PUT IT EVEN MORE SIMPLY.. Just think about a Thread-Lock-On-Sight thing for any religion related topics.

Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    T-Dome..? And if I can't name another thread, doesn't really mean ya'll won't take this into the lounge. Eh, religious threads are bound to pop up sometime or the other.

..LET ME PUT IT EVEN MORE SIMPLY.. Just think about a Thread-Lock-On-Sight thing for any religion related topics.
    Your really can't name another can you :P

Heh heh heh, some may pop up, but they will be dealt with, thats all we can do.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    XD ....... -_-; No.

Eh, even that Lock On Sight would have done good. Bleh, I've grown tired of ya'll acting weird when I'm just pressing ya'll to get something done. V_V

Years
    Well good...beause were pretty much getting tierd of replying.

Other than locking them there is nothing more that can be done. We are sorry, but if there was something more we would do it.

Its hard sometimes because of time zones, sometimes there is no one on to lock a thread on sight. But if it gets way to out of hand then yes, something will have to be done.

Of course, we know you are only trying to help, but what you fail to realise is that we are doing all we can to prevent religiouse wars on the forum.

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    XD Maybe not. I never get tired.

Eh, two things ... 1 - I apologize for creating this nonsense from a simple topic.
    2 - Well, I realize not much more can be done. But eh .. ya'll know whats on my mind.

One last thing, Jake, get your moderators out of MFC. ^_~ I love spammers, but I don't love them.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Kent Colton Rogers said:
    What in the world are you on about?
    XD .. Nevermind.

Just yeah, don't worry about it. I've got my own staff taking care of things. Meh.. oh, and sorry for accusing ya'll, if if wasn't any of you.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    The main problem here is that most people who frequent other forums as well as this one are so used to all religious discussion being banned (with the exception of multitudes of topic that openly mock and express hate for religion; which are allowed because such sentiment is popular on the internet) that when they encounter a forum where people of various faiths actually have a voice they automatically take up arms against it; which causes nearly inevitable conflict each time such a topic is posted, many such people feel threatened and defend themselves only through being snarky and acidic. It takes training to learn that tolerance is a two-way street, and even though I agree that we don't have the means, and never will have the means to foster tolerance; such threads are always under close scrutiny because of their rarity, and from there it's a matter of trust in the staff that we wil exercise good and impartial judgement; and I can say that even though our staff is as diverse in belief as is possible, we are impartial, and we know that a fight is a fight, no matter whether our side is winning or not.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ok I'd just like to know why this whole Religion ban is wanted. Because you get flamed? Because everyone hates you after? Something along them lines? If so then don't post in the thread.
    Maybe we should also ban game topics because if you get a bunch of Sony and Nintendo fanboys in the same thread then fur will fly. I guess next on the list is EdgeBoy starting a thread banning game topics because flaming happens, after the thread is over everyone hates each other.
    If a whole topic gets banned from PC then I'd like another reason other then "Flaming and being disliked".
    There is nothing in the rules about disliking someone or blocking them (I'm talking about the ignored list). If I don't want to talk to Kaga because he likes Dell and I like HP does that mean he can run off and want to ban all computer topics? No, same thing here. Sure flames might happens, but if anyone took a little time to read the rules then they'd find that flaming someone is breaking the rules. Someone reports them, they get a warning and everyone is happy.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    look, it should be enough to simply discourage religious discussions, and closely watch the few that are being made. There always seem to be two groups at PC, one that wants to restrict discussion so that PG-13 is pushing the limit, and one that wants to talk about whatever comes to mind, no matter how mature. By allowing such mature discussion, then scrutinously watching it to make sure any flames get extingushed quickly is a compromise between the two groups.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I agree with you man, I think that such a compromise is the only way anyone can be happy... Which is perfect.

Libra Dyne

Imaginator
    Years
    I agree, but religion should be just kept as someones belief. I mean i dont think I go around judging other people. and nor do I have the right to by any means or anyone else. but, if you do belive in a religion, then you should be able to post, and if you dont then stay away from those topics.

Guest123_x1

Like I might have said many times before, I post at the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard, a place to talk about happenings in radio frequency broadcasting (yes I am a radio and TV enthusiast). It has a dedicated "Political Potpourri" section, where topics regarding religion and politics belong. It was created a few years ago upon complaints from users about non-broadcasting related political posts in broadcasting sections.
    I'd like to give you the link to that section, but that'd get my butt kicked out of here faster than you can say 'Shay Ryan'
    Because the owner of the board (also its only Moderator) established very light (close to anarchy when compared to here) rules for his site, lots of hard-core things go on daily in the Political Potpourri. Still, it's a fun place I like to visit and the majority of my posts on that board are in the Potpourri.
    If PC were to have this kind of section, it would be a bit more like Serebii's 'Debate Forum', a bit more watered down and moderated than the Buzzboard's Political Potpourri. Also, it should have a disclaimer in its description warning that the content would be hard-core.
    I've run message boards of my own in the past without any success, and they all had a section dedicated to political and religious discussion.
    Despite having the occasional offensive topics, the discussion at the Political Potpourri is generally very well-written and worth a read, and I like it that way.
    As for flaming, that stuff is bound to happen. It happens almost every day over there, and people like me are used to it.

-ottermi619-
    The Buzzboard's operator (MWmetalhead)'s biggest rule is to just use common sense. BTW, Shay Ryan is a meteorologist at WYXZ TV 7 in Southfield, Michigan.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    We had something like that here. It was called the T-Dome. Sadly it got to a point that "everything goes". It was filled up with sex topics, flaming from one side of the thread to the other. The whole forum was like "Ok, I'm going to flame someone today".

Ever since that forum was removed and we kind of let Religion and Political topics in OC, it has turned out better. Sure light flaming and some fighting happens in them threads, but not like they did in the T-Dome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back