• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religion in School

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kenshin11212 said:
    Well, Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings are just books, like any other. Just for enjoyment, they are. But the Bible is not. People can get offended if they see you with a Bible, cause they are not Christian/Catholic. Though I dont think they should get offended. Cause their beliefs are their beliefs; not everyone's beliefs.
    True. And no where it says "You have the right to not be offended". Too many people gets offended too lightly "Hey I'm offended by pink shirts. They should all be taken and burned".
    Ok pink shirts is pushing it but you get my idea. XD

Ryan: I'll just say one word to sum up your whole post "Whatever".
    I am not going to sit here in a spitting match with you and it's not going to get me anywhere.
    Like I said in my last post "And the sad thing is, out of this whole post it's not going to change anyone's mind on anything about Evolution or Religion.", I knew before hand nothing I said was going to change your mind. I know I'm right and that's the way it is, you know you're right and that's how it is. I'm not going to spend another 3 and a half hours of my life typing up a post that has no meaning to you. I've been down this road too many times.

Bam

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2005
    WOW i didnt mean for this to be an escalating arguing thread with 5 cazillion words per post! i just wanted your guys opinions! lol

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Arcanine said:
    Ryan: I'll just say one word to sum up your whole post "Whatever".
    I am not going to sit here in a spitting match with you and it's not going to get me anywhere.
    Like I said in my last post "And the sad thing is, out of this whole post it's not going to change anyone's mind on anything about Evolution or Religion.", I knew before hand nothing I said was going to change your mind. I know I'm right and that's the way it is, you know you're right and that's how it is. I'm not going to spend another 3 and a half hours of my life typing up a post that has no meaning to you. I've been down this road too many times.
    I should have known better than to try to convince somebody with such a strong faith that it shouldn't be spread everywhere. I'm sorry to have come across as disrespectful. Last week I was having a similar conversation to this with my Christian Club, and I was getting really frusterated that they were all flatly refusing that evolution was plausible. They wouldn't listen to me, you would, so you got to be my vent. I respect your dedication to Christianity and wish that I could study it without a skeptic's eye. My opinion is still the same though (as you said); even though I would like to have people exhibit good, Christian qualities (including myself), I do not think that school is the right place for such education. I enjoyed coming up with hour long rebuttles... We learn the most about our faiths (in my opinion) by discussing them with others and listening to what they have to say about their own faiths.

Back