• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Remakes...?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So, you know how Suicune's (I think?) signature said every generation needs a remake? Well think about this, does having B2/W2 eliminate the possibility for eventual remakes of B/W or of B2/W2 - and if there ARE remakes, which set of games would they concentrate on, or would there be four versions of remakes? Do you think the end of Unova will be at generation 5 due to this curve ball? Discuss!

If you want to discuss the "3rd" (but really 5th) game in generation 5, use the thread for that. :3

Also, this is Vapor's idea but he won't make it. :(

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Maybe Grey would be the remake of B2/W2, but then again, maybe they'd be stretching ittoo far in remaking remakes, if B2/W2 are classed as remakes?
    Oh gosh, it's all getting so confusing ~

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I've got a feeling there won't be actual B/W, B2/W2 and D/P/Pt remakes for another platform. I think everything will end up by having every region available in DS games, so imo R/S remakes are going to be released soon for DS. Maybe there would be also another Red/Green remakes for DS, but not necessarily, because Kanto was featured so many times and is already in DS game - HG/SS.

Also I don't see "3rd" game for Unova because it looks like B2/W2 are going to serve as 3rd game with new features. It can be said that 3rd game is needed because full Kyurem form (assuming it will exist in games) should be a mascot but that's not really necessary because that final form could be something like Arceus - obtainable only from events or by hacking.

As for future 3DS game - after making all previous regions available in DS games, imo the best thing to do would be creating ultimate game with new huge region with all gens' Pokemon available to meet from the start.

Last edited:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Maybe Grey would be the remake of B2/W2, but then again, maybe they'd be stretching ittoo far in remaking remakes, if B2/W2 are classed as remakes?
    Oh gosh, it's all getting so confusing ~

*Facepalm* Are we still all thinking BW 2 are BW remakes? For the love of god....

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well until Coro Coro comes out we know nothing about B2W2 so as of right now they can be remakes of B/W. Same story with bonus content and slightly altered main story. We have no info on the actual story and with the surprises we've had with the unveiling of B2W2 at this point anything is indeed possible.

So as far as I disagree with Hoen making an appearance in B2W2 (which I agree is very low possibility) there is still an odd chance that Gamefreak will do it.

I don't think Gamefreak will ever do one game with all regions cause Masuda said he doesn't like the prospect of that kinda project. (It came up along side the will Gamefreak ever make a Home Console Main Game which he answered with no)

If we still get separate game Remakes I'm going to shoot for 1 Game Remake of R/S and another game remake of R/B since those two are still on GBA titles which would entitle both to being remade again. I'm still siding with the They'll make remakes based on what system is outdated and connectivity compatibility. If B2W2 cannot connect with D/P/Pt/SS/HG then I can see those two specific game sets being remade to keep connectivity of the generations intact.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well we could see an Emerald remake instead of two remakes as the poster above said hence why we are getting two sequels instead of one and yeah, I do think this could possibly eliminate the need of BW remakes in several years time. Unless graphics evolve drastically then this will probably be the last of Unova. I highly doubt we would get a third game of B2W2, that is just too much Unova!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure remakes will end with the R/S remakes because DPPt has been slightly rendered in 3D and have the new Sugimori art also.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Forever is trying to say what would happen if BW were to be remade later down the down and if so which games would they concentrate on...
    Maybe the remakes for BW in the future would be one that focuses on Black and White called Grey (instead of being called something Black and something White) and Grey 2...

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I think Forever is trying to say what would happen if BW were to be remade later down the down and if so which games would they concentrate on...
    Maybe the remakes for BW in the future would be one that focuses on Black and White called Grey (instead of being called something Black and something White) and Grey 2...

If they even are doing remakes anymore. Most people say the remake era is over due to every gen being connected. Idk. Could happen I guess. Guess we can only wait

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • This wasn't even my idea, I meant something else D<

Anyway, we won't be seeing Unova after B2/W2 for a long time (like if they were to remake B/W in 10 years, which is what I meant). I think that people will be sick enough of exploring the same region for so many years. If what you meant what was just said before then, which is what I meant, then I think that we will probably only get B/W remakes, because we never got Yellow remakes or anything. I'm not sure though, because there will be different plot lines and everything.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • B/W won't be remade for many years down the road, if at all. and B2/W2 will be even longer, since I can't picture GameFreak bombarding us with four games at once. But again, I don't imagine they'd do this at least until the franchise appears on a Nintendo handheld console that's completely incompatible with the DS/DSi/3DS family. Which, considering the 3DS just came out, is many years down the road. 7th or 8th gen, at the earliest.

Don't care about R/S/E being remade, I liked the originals at first but eventually grew sick of Hoenn. They'll do it for the money but it won't be my money they'll get.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Surely they'll just get remade when there's the SUPER-AWESOME-3DSSPGTWER or whatever the new console is going to be? Unless the remakes stop printing money for Nintendo, in which they probably won't be remade.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Honestly, I think by the time there's ever need for a B/W and/or B2/W2 remake, the handhelds and cartridges would be powerful enough to encompass both the original 5th gen and its sequel.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They could emcomporate time travel within the remakes of the two...unless Bw and B2w2 are solo pairs then in that case they might make four remakes of the Unova region...too much Unova for me...

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • I don't think B/W and B2/W2 will get remakes. The features are too advanced (that might be saying too much), and the reason the other games got remakes were because they weren't 'modern' enough, and because they were so classic that people wanted to see them redone.

If anything, things will get remade for a home video console, like the Wii U, giving everything life.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • BW could get remakes just not for a long time. Same for DP. RSE are the only games not in up to date graphics.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Not so sure we should be discussing remakes for a game that just came out last year. If they were to even consider it, it would be many years before it would actually happen. Way, WAY to early for that.

In terms of a potential "Pokemon Gray", I don't think so. Kyurem is the mascot of B/W 2, so we know these games will explain its story. There is no need for a Gray version.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @ last few posts: What we're wondering is whether B2/W2 will be concentrated upon, or just BW, basically (so to have two sets of remakes). Not whether Unova as a whole will have remakes, because that's a boring thing to wonder + chances are at least one of the "two" will have remakes. :(

I do think BW will have the remakes, probably, because it'll be closer to when B2/W2 was released, and from the way BW is written, it doesn't really imply "sequel", while in the sequel, it'd imply past events, so you can't really do one without the other, I'd assume.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2012
    I'm thinking a sort of global remake would be better, one huge game spanning all regions, that would be awesome.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I doubt it's eliminated any possibility of there being a remake of either the first two or their sequels. Though at the same time I feel like GameFreak is eventually going to move out of the remake phase, as a remake of a remake just doesn't sound right.

But yeah, if there were to be any remakes, it'll probably be way further on down the road.

Back