• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rematch with a Gym Leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think we should go to certain places in the game exclusive area (city and forest) and then just randomly finding a gym leader in different places there. idk. I guess I'm not all for contacting the gym leaders personally.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    id love to have a rematch against the gym leaders.. also id like them to have even a tiny bit of a more important role in the game if thats at all possible

Years
    I'd like a rematch with Gym Leaders, sure. But I hope it's easier to get a battle with them,all this day-specific stuff.. put me off it, to be honest. I'd prefer if it was like the Battleground in PLatinum, where you just go in and are guaranteed to battle someone every day, raher than having to go to them yourself.
    I'm lazy, sue me.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    there should be a building in each version exclusive area where you go in and battle them and all the gym leaders stay there, kinda like the battleground

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I would like it if you get to battle the Gym Leaders more than once but instead of rematches they should work some of them into the story.

Rematches after the game has been completed should need some kind of other criteria (Do a mission/quest thing for the Gym leader) and after that they will battle you whenever you want.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I've always wanted to have a rematch with the Gym Leaders in various places within the region. There shouldn't be any specific day and time when you'd have to meet them or call them to schedule a rematch. Instead there should be a significant day where one or two Gym Leaders are out training in an area that reflects their type of Pokémon. For as many times during this day you can meet them in this place to have a rematch with them. For different days there would be different Gym Leaders out training in various places. I guess it'll be like a weekly event in the game.

Just for a twist, each week the Gym Leader's roster would be slightly altered. I mean with this generation there will at least be over 600+ Pokémon in the PokéDex. I don't think it would hurt to have the Gym Leaders rotate the Pokémon they use after you obtain the National/International PokéDex with Pokémon from past generation.

This is my thought on how rematches with Gym Leaders should be this time around. I guess if the Live Caster will take role in rematches though, then what I just stated is pretty much wishful thinking.

Bay

Years
    I'd like a rematch with Gym Leaders, sure. But I hope it's easier to get a battle with them,all this day-specific stuff.. put me off it, to be honest. I'd prefer if it was like the Battleground in PLatinum, where you just go in and are guaranteed to battle someone every day, raher than having to go to them yourself.
    I'm lazy, sue me.
    Haha, I'm annoyed at the day-specific stuff too while playing my SoulSilver. Sometimes it does get annoying when you can't be able to call them or meet the gym leaders in a specific day, even when you have a lot of real life stuff going on. D: I'm also for an easier way to get to the gym matches.

I've always wanted to have a rematch with the Gym Leaders in various places within the region. There shouldn't be any specific day and time when you'd have to meet them or call them to schedule a rematch. Instead there should be a significant day where one or two Gym Leaders are out training in an area that reflects their type of Pokémon. For as many times during this day you can meet them in this place to have a rematch with them. For different days there would be different Gym Leaders out training in various places. I guess it'll be like a weekly event in the game.

Just for a twist, each week the Gym Leader's roster would be slightly altered. I mean with this generation there will at least be over 600+ Pokémon in the PokéDex. I don't think it would hurt to have the Gym Leaders rotate the Pokémon they use after you obtain the National/International PokéDex with Pokémon from past generation.

This is my thought on how rematches with Gym Leaders should be this time around. I guess if the Live Caster will take role in rematches though, then what I just stated is pretty much wishful thinking.
    I know for Volkner and Claire at least when you go for a rematch against them in double battles at a different location besides their gym or something like the dojo. I'm all for the gym leaders going to different locations. However, not sure about having to go against the gym leader in a specific day. I know I tend to be quite busy on certain days, so I might not be able to play my game during specific days. Maybe just able to do a rematch with them any day you want.

I'm also for changing up the roster, but not sure about making it weekly. True, there are 600 + Pokemon, but part of the problem is there are more types than others. Second, most of the time the levels will be changed too, so the next time you battle the gym leader again their levels will be quite higher. Maybe instead have it like Emerald. The roster will change depending on how many encounters you had with that gym leader.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I really liked the Battleground, it seemed like the best rematch method to me. It looked cooler than the Fighting Dojo, and having a guaranteed fight every day was a definite plus. I wouldn't mind if they had a combination of Platinum and HGSS, where you have to do something to "unlock" the leader in the rotating roster of trainers. They should definitely have either rotating teams or increasing levels, though.

Years
    I'm not all for contacting the gym leaders personally.

^This. They need to just let you rematch the gym leaders in their own gym whenever you want (Well, maybe just once a day) after beating the Elite Four. Seriously, finding out what time to call which gym leader in HeartGold/SoulSilver is a pain in the butt, I just want to fight and get it over with.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    ^This. They need to just let you rematch the gym leaders in their own gym whenever you want (Well, maybe just once a day) after beating the Elite Four. Seriously, finding out what time to call which gym leader in HeartGold/SoulSilver is a pain in the butt, I just want to fight and get it over with.

THIS
    only, i wanna battle freely, idc if we get spammed levels, make it so its kinda like the battle tower but with REAL LEVELS not level 50 crap

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    What about having them like in Emerald ?
    Just go to them in their own gyms when they call you by the live caster.
    Or, if they have a hard puzzle, just make them spawn at the entrance so that you won't need to make it to them again.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I would like it if you get to battle the Gym Leaders more than once but instead of rematches they should work some of them into the story.

Rematches after the game has been completed should need some kind of other criteria (Do a mission/quest thing for the Gym leader) and after that they will battle you whenever you want.

Sort of agree with this. Rematches whenever you want them could get pretty bland; why not put some effort in for them?

That's wishful thinking though; I'd say Reshiram Man has hit the nail.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I'm all for rematching with gym leaders. It'll also add more to the game if we were able to rematch them outside their gym especially in a city.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think we should go to certain places in the game exclusive area (city and forest) and then just randomly finding a gym leader in different places there. idk. I guess I'm not all for contacting the gym leaders personally.

I would definitely enjoy something like that. Perhaps they have a set place they go every day throughout the region, and that's how you can find them. The way HG/SS handled the rematches was a real pain in the butt if you ask me, I liked Platinum's more.

I also like what SwiftSign said about putting rematches as part of the story or side-quests. That could work out so very nicely, especially the whole side-quest aspect. Though if you ask me, they'd have to be very small quests to keep them fresh, for something new to do every time around you want a rematch.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I agree, but I hate how in HG/SS you could only battle a gym leader at a specific time on a specific day. I always forgot, or got confused to who I was suppose to battle that day D:

Bay

Years
    I agree, but I hate how in HG/SS you could only battle a gym leader at a specific time on a specific day. I always forgot, or got confused to who I was suppose to battle that day D:
    Actually, you can battle them anytime you want right after you're able to find them and call them for a rematch. They'll be waiting at the dojo until you battle them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back