• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Remember In Silver And Gold U Were Able To Duplicate Pokemon!!

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    THAT WAS SO AWESOME i would duplicate all my pokemon and have like ten mew's 15 dragonites and a whole bunch more it was awesome

Years
  • I remember that, Its was actually pretty useful, for getting 3 masterballs for the legendary dogs. But it took a while, so it wasn't as abused as the RBY Missingno Item multiplier.

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    I never could get it working, though, the clone was never there...

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • I tried the PC Cloning, but the name list was all glitched. My first Pokémon in the box, Tangela, was named as ????, and its OT was ???? too...And the next Pokémon was named Tangela...And it wasn't a Tangela...

I think I did something wrong... o_O

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    cloning was the best..great for breeders like me ^_^

<3 cause after trades i got to have a Charizard and Charmelion

+ Masterballs for dogs.. use ultra on ho-oh and lugia kids!

Years
  • me and my friends used to clone all of our pokemon and trade them so we could fill our pokedex's while still keeping all of our own pokemon :D

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
  • Ah, yes. I remember this. *sigh* good times, good times.

My cloned Lv100 Furret army almost beat my legitimate Lv100 Furret army.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There's a cloning glitch in Emerald.

I rememeber cloning on Red and Silver, I cloned master balls and rare candies a million times in Red. In Silver I cloned my shiny Meowth and gave it to my brother.

Years
  • You deposit the pokemon to be cloned into an empty box, switch boxes(switch to an empty box, to be safe), and turn it off while it says not to. You can do up to 5 pokemon at a time.

But remember- if you deposit pokemon, its a cloner, if you withdraw pokemon, its an exterminator.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • Ahh, cloning, great if you share a game with your sister. I cloned my Dragonite, Charizard, Snorlax, and Raichu just to shut my sister up because she didn't raise any strong Pokemon. Cloning Master Balls made it easy to get Pokemon as well. I was too lazy to catch certain pokemon with Ultra Balls, so cloning helped A LOT!

Spencer

-_-
    Years
  • It was sooo easy to do in Gold/Crystal/Silver. Also fun. I cloned my starter to give to my friends. Here is how you clone in emerald.

1.) Go to the PC in the battle tower. Must be on Emerald Version only.
    2.) Deposit the pokemon(s) you want to clone in any slot of Lanete's PC. Or, if you want to clone items, give the item(s) you want to clone to any pokemon in the PC.
    3.) Exit the computer and save your game.
    4.) Withdraw the pokemon(s) or item(s) from the PC that you stored in step two.
    5.) Talk to the lady behind the counter closest to the PC.
    6.) She will ask if you want to make a challenge. Select yes and choose any two eligible pokemon from your party.
    7.) She will tell you that you must save the game before making a challenge and ask you if that is OK. Select yes.
    8.) The game will freeze for 2-3 seconds.
    9.) During, the freeze, turn off the game. It is not necessary to save again.
    10.) When your game is turned back on, the cloned pokemon(s) or item(s) will be both in your party and in the PC.
    ^From Serebii^

It originally said 'After, not during' but that didn't work. So I fixed it so it will. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    yeah, that was really fun.
    i loved doing that. i cant anymore cos i lost my file
    i had like 200 pokemon no gameshark! i swear!
    my team was:
    1. typhlosion(lvl 100)
    2. typhlosion(lvl 100)
    3. typhlosion(lvl 100)
    4. typhlosion(lvl 100)
    5. typhlosion(lvl 100)
    6. typhlosion(lvl 100)

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    cool i wish i had emerald to be able to do that cheat and yes i remember the glitch i used it to clone my mew so i would have one on all my games i wish i could do tht on fire red

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    My sister says I'm an expert at it. I wanted every single Pokemon in my box so I'd duplicate them first. Plus I could duplicate my lovely master balls. =3

Back