• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen remember the good old days

bitter_doom

im a house elf
    Years
    remember back in the day with g/s/c where you were amzed by the graphics the new pokemon being ableto go back to kanto... i dunno if any 1 ever got celebi... but i did anyways tell us your most memoreable storys about what happend in g/s/c

Years
    Only like....EVERYTHING about it lol.
    I got Celebi and Mew, both from friends on the last day of school when you could bring in yer game boy to school lol.

OK, i got Celebi from some random guy in the year below, he was quite popular that day i think lol.

Never forget how i got Mew, my friend had it on his Blue, he didn't have Gold but i did and i wanted Mew AND another GameBoy to trade my Pokemon over from Yellow....Soooo...i said to my mate, lend me yer Blue, i'll trade Mew off it then i'll clone it to give you a full team of 6 mews. Anyways, took his Gameboy and Blue home that night, spent ALL night trading over my Pokemon from Yellow to Gold :cheeky:. Told him the next day it would take another night rofl. Obv weren't last school day aswell lol.

BTW his Blue cartridge was full of dust and biscuits :shocked: was just glad it worked :).

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    Man, I still remember going to Walmart to get that game. Hmm when I got it I was amazed by the color and graphics I was just tickled by how the magnemite looked. They were tiny. lol

diyobs004

Banned
    Years
    o man i was so horrible. when i saved i would always turn it off when it said saving do not turn the power off. and i got so mad because my file was erased.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ah the good old days lol. I was like the ultimate pokemon geek and would complete peoples R/B/Y in 1 day. I used to charge people for clones :)

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    GSC were so exciting that I opened it and played it while in the car. Pokemon are good car games!

I never erased my game unintentionally - I was too fearful that my game would be lost. Sometimes you forget if the game had been saved so you do it again!

iDOLHACKS

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Oh Yeah, This is EXTREMELY Embarrassing. i remeb when I went to Target with my dad and he got me Pokemon gold form my gbc. When I stated, i did'nt know how to get out of the house LOL.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    My favorite moment with G/S/C is when I learned the Mew glitch in R/B/Y and had a Mew and all my friends were jealos and I would clone it for trades.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Let me see. My most memorable time was when I beat the pokemon league with my Feraligatr before all my friends and on the first try. All my friends had Typhlosion so I laughed at them. But I also showed my secret of how to beat the pokemon league at lvl 50. Just buy a ton of Full restores and revives. Those were the good old days.

I still remember playing Pokemon Ruby and then beating it. After that Crystal seemed obsolete and inferior. But not as obsolete as Red and Blue

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Silver version was my first pokemon game so i was really into it, like pretty much humped all day and all night kinda into it.

Dragontrainer<3

The Dragon & Water Trainer
    Years
    omg this the same as the nellyfurtado forum people that say that good old time blabla nelly was better when she sings I'm like a bird blabla now she is a promiscuous girl blabla and here that pokemon silver blabla come on people times chance!!!

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    omg this the same as the nellyfurtado forum people that say that good old time blabla nelly was better when she sings I'm like a bird blabla now she is a promiscuous girl blabla and here that pokemon silver blabla come on people times chance!!!

That was so confuzzling. Were you advertising for another forum or spamming? Or just a very a very confuzzling on-topic thing.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Dragontrainer<3, make another post like that and you've got yourself a warning.

Years
    I remember there was a deal at our toy store to get Silver for really cheap or free when it first was released, so my brother did it, and he brought it home to me, we were so psyched.

He kinda hogged it at first, but eventually I got to play :P I remember liking Cyndaquil because he reminded me of a hamster (Yeah, don't even ask because I don't know, lol).

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I remember getting Silver when my older sister got Gold. We would play them and only use one pokemon to beat the whole game. ...It took us five months to get past ice path in Blackthorn city. But, c'mon, I was six and she was eight. Ha ha. I was cleaning and found my journal fom first grade. For every entry I would write something like 'I played my nintendo today. My Tododile evolved! It was fun.' My poor teacher. xD Anyways, after we played the games for like ten minutes, we ran outside and pretended to be pokemon.Those sure were the good ol' days.

Back