• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remember when... Pokemon edition

poopydude

PKMN Master
    Years
    Remember When....

When There was only one Pokemon theme song
    When There was just 151 Pokemon
    When Misty was the only Girl in Ash's life
    When Ash sounded like an actual 10 year old instead of the chain smoker he sounds like now
    When we battled and Traded through Link Cables
    When we believed that Pokegod's existed
    When we thought you could get mew by using strength on that blasted truck
    When Team Rocket was the only enemy
    When We truly believed that we're a pokemon master
    When the show was actually good
    When we would collect all the cards

I'm sure i have missed plenty just add on people. My childhood was defined by this show and i am sure that I'm not the only one

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Remember when you could go to Wal-Mart and you had to stand for like thirty minutes in the toy aisle trying to decide which Pokemon toy you wanted to get. (This might just be me, I dunno!) Now, I'm lucky if I can find a pack of cards when I go out. >_>

Remember when the only types were normal, grass, water, fire, electric, psychic, rock, and fighting?

Remember when EVERYONE knew what Pokemon was, whether they liked it or not?

Remember when Onix didn't evolve?

I miss when Misty was the only girl in Ash's life. *cries* And I miss the original voice actors. I miss them so, so much.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    When no one complained about the games, a lot because of nostalgia? (Not all, but a lot) I miss that so much.

When the anime was really, really good to a kid mind? Hell, I still like the older, and newer episodes.

When it was everywhere, and no one made fun of you for liking it? I miss that too.

When if you had Crystal, you were the resident badass? I really miss that one, because I actually had bragging rights for months.

Good times, goooood times.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    Remember when you cried during the scene where Ash turned into stone and every Pokemon on the stadium was crying?
    Or when you were king of the playground because you were one of the few people that had a GameBoy link cable?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Remember when you cried during the scene where Ash turned into stone and every Pokemon on the stadium was crying?
    Or when you were king of the playground because you were one of the few people that had a GameBoy link cable?

Hah, king of the playground. That was me. ;)

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Remember when we encountered our first shiney and had no pokeballs?
    Remember when you would walk into the cafiteria and you would hear just battle music?

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Remember when you'd go to the YMCA during summer vacation and everyone would link Gameboys to trade and battle?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Remember when missing no was awesome.
    Remember when one pokemon was lv 50 and the rest lv 5.

i stoped playing after crystal

omg i put something origional!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    remember when it wasent f****** retarded, god i miss the origional pokemon, kids these days dont know what there missing. my litle stepbrother watches the new ones and i whenever i see him watching it i flip out, im all like "THATS NOT A REAL POKE'MON!!!!! WHO IS THAT GIRL SHES NOT MISTY! THIS IS STUPID STOP WATCHING IT!!WATCH THE ORIGIONAL POKE'MON!!!IF I EVER SEE YOU WATCHING THIS AGAIN IM GOING TO KILL YOU!!" then i punch him and turn off the tv.

remember when you used to battle with your friend but he would beat you because you had a charzard and he had a blastoise.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    Remember when you'd try to beat Brock and Misty with your Charmander and it took about 10 goes to do it?

Years
    Remember when we were young enough to believe that if we spent enough time searching the beach, the woods, the swimming pool, etc., we just might find a real pokemon, even for just a second?

when you saw an animal and said "Look, mommy, a _____!" and your mother looked at you and said "What's a _____?", prompting you to spend the remainder of the day explaining the entire franchise?

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    That vid down there made me cry....seriously! ;_;
    I MISS YOU, POKEMON RED!!! The music....god, the music....T_T

When you didn't know what EVs were, and you beat your buddy over link cable?

This thread made me cry over pokemon....I miss the old days! I want to be 6 years old again! To actually belive it when somebody said they had captured Celebii on Blue! Or gotten Misty to join them! ;_;

Back