• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remembering an event's position upon leaving and returning to the map

Years
    I found a script created for RMAce that is meant to make the game remember an event's position after reloading the map.
    Ex: Setting a NPCs move route and wanting the NPC to remain in their new location when the map reloads.
    The original script can be found here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/1853-remember-event-position/
    After some digging, I found that someone had converted the scripts to be RPGXP compatible, meaning they would technically work with Pokemon Essentials.
    The newly converted script can be found here: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=14022.0
    Under the name "Gameus".
    In the original script, it was stated that you need to add the script to the materials section of the script, the new script doesn't specify, but looking at the script, I would assume it goes under Game_Map.
    Having added the new script to Game_Map, I decided to create an event for an old man to move after agreeing to help him. The original script says you need to use the following:
    To save the current event's position after a move route:

Set Move Route: This event (Wait)
    : $>Move away from Player
    : $>Script: save_pos()
    Having used the "save_pos()" script, I inserted the coordinates of the new location, and got the following error after the NPC moved.
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: (eval):1:in `move_type_custom'undefined method `save_pos' for #<Game_Event:0xa19cf78>

Game_Character:494:in `move_type_custom'

Game_Character:256:in `eval'

Game_Character:494:in `move_type_custom'

Game_Character:256:in `update'

Game_Event:252:in `update'

Game_Map:453:in `update'

Game_Map:451:in `each'

Game_Map:451:in `update'

Scene_Map:37:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:36:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    Which of course means that the method is undefined.The instructions included on the modified version was "Plug and Play", but that doesn't seem to do the job as it runs with no errors, however, it doesn't fulfill its purpose of saving the event's position.

Last edited:
    Back