• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~Remembering The Days~

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Remember the good old days of Red, Blue, and Yellow? Gold, Silver, Crystal? I think that Graphics, and Battling has gotten to peoples heads, and thats all people care about now. This isnt a rant thread, I just want people to post their memories of events back in RBY and GSC. Im not talking about the games themselves, but the memories and the value of the time you put into them and things that involve them. People used to cherish that shiny pokemon...now they clone it holding a masterball and trade it. Lol, yep thats todays society in pokemon rather you want to face it or not.

This thread is just for people to post their memories of RBY and GSC and things beyond those games such as a spiritual value maybe. Not just graphics and so on...Thank you, and feedback would be really nice. Have a nice day!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    There is truly only one thing I miss from the 1st and 2nd gen... and that's Yellow. Yellow was the second Pokemon game I'd ever played, (Blue was the 1st), and it felt sort of like the anime which made it more fun. Especially having Pikachu following you around all the time...

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    Good Old Days...

(has flashback)...haha i still remember flicking the switch behind that poster in the game corner...and never being able to catch a shiney pokemon *wipes tears from eyes*...good times...

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I think what brings back memories in R/B/Y was the time I fought with Team Rocket in the Sliph co. that brings memories of pure ownage, and what brings back memories from G/S/C was running into a Spinarak in route 30 at night. I dont know why, it just does.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I remember beating the whole gold up to the Radio Tower just to hear the Team Rocket takeover theme. And my friends asking me in middle 2003 where was surf hidden in blue...

m

Years
    See, this is what I mean. People here understand whats behind the game, like I read that one post that said that they caught a spinarak at night and it brung back memories. See? 1 little thing brought back a flourish of memories for them of the good ol days. Im really in touch with that side of me, so it feels good seeing people say that sort of stuff.

Another thing, G/S/C remakes would be awesome but even then. They still wouldnt be the same...But they would still be cool lol.

Last edited:

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    I remember the good old days when IVs, EVs, Natures and Strategic Battling hadn't gotten through to me and my friends. We would battle with all out offensive teams against each other, and I remember being by far the best with my Chansey/Alakazam/Dragonite/Hitmonchan/Jolteon/Jynx team.

Good ol' memories :-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    The first game I played was Crystal and my friends played too. Later, no one seemed to like the games and no one wanted to battlle/trade. But now, D/P is here and people starts to play again. But still . . . I miss my Silver Pokémon and when we played silver/gold and yellow. We even had our own tournaments.

*~Redemption~*

The Avatar of Pokémon
    Years
    I...I...I MISS MY QUAGSIRE!!!!!! T.T
    Oh Quaggy...I'll never forget you... He was one of a kind...i.i

Nowadays you can get people to hack it for you through that cheat thing. Pokemonsav I think its called? It's not cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    You can easily clone in Gold and Silver, save in front of the PC, deposit a Pokemon, change boxes, when it says don't turn off the power, turn it off... profit.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I remember when IV's and EV's didn't matter, and just having a lv.100 Pokemon made you an awesome trainer...

I also remember in G/S/C when I couldn't figure out that stupid switch puzzle in the Goldenrod underground area. (when you have to save the director.) I bought a game guide just for that...:(

m

Years
    I remember when IV's and EV's didn't matter, and just having a lv.100 Pokemon made you an awesome trainer...

I also remember in G/S/C when I couldn't figure out that stupid switch puzzle in the Goldenrod underground area. (when you have to save the director.) I bought a game guide just for that...:(

Yeah I know what ya mean. I dont even know what Ivs are, and I am no good at Evs and their boring. Im playing Diamond, but if I knew those Pokemon games wouldnt die, I would play them.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Yes.

No matter how great these new games look, you cannot replace the classics.

However, the one time that actually worked well is with FR/LG.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I didn't know what EVs were either, but it didn't matter, because in the old games your pokemon can have max EV in all stats and become very strong. I think this is the reason why you cannot trade between the old and new games.

Shad0wind

The Best Cloner And trainer!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    i remember when i had silver and didnt know what i was doing xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    ah yes, way back then, i remember running into my very first shiny, a shiny tangela, and having ho-oh, raikou, suicune, entie and lugia in that same game without cheating, those were the days

Back