• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Removable Device Wont Show Up

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Latitude and I can't get any removable deceives to show up on my computer. The computer knows it's there to the point that it will say "USB mass storage device connected", but I can't access any of the files on the device. Any ideas why?

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    do you have suported drivers for those devices
    if you don't you will have to instal them manualy

PS Sorry for my english

You won't be needing any drivers for removable storage devices on XP!

Midnight, do you have any mapped network drives? If so, they can block memory sticks and the like from getting a drive letter. If your drive is usually F:, for example and you map a drive as F: when the removable drive isn't plugged in. Next time you plug it in, Windows won't show anything or produce an error.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    You won't be needing any drivers for removable storage devices on XP!

Midnight, do you have any mapped network drives? If so, they can block memory sticks and the like from getting a drive letter. If your drive is usually F:, for example and you map a drive as F: when the removable drive isn't plugged in. Next time you plug it in, Windows won't show anything or produce an error.

Forgive me if what I'm about to ask is really retarded, networks are where my computer skill end. XD;
    The laptop is my dads work computer and I know he has connected to network printers in the past. Would that do it?

Back