• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Remove intro battle (Gengar vs Nidorino)

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Hello, can anybody explain to me how to remove the introductory battle animation between Gengar and Nidorino? I doubt it's as simple as replacing a few bytes in hex, but I also don't think it would require an ASM routine. Does anybody have any idea of how I can go about removing it myself?

Thanks.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Bump.

I don't need anybody to do this for me. I'd just like to know how I can go about doing this. Even just a hint would be helpful lol.

Years
  • Bump.

I don't need anybody to do this for me. I'd just like to know how I can go about doing this. Even just a hint would be helpful lol.

1. Find the location of the pic in the rom.
    2. Look for a pointer to it.
    3. Check out the function that uses it.
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    1. Find the location of the pic in the rom.
    2. Look for a pointer to it.
    3. Check out the function that uses it.
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    Hmm, maybe I do need some extra help. Where do I check the function at? IDA Pro?

Dinisk

DinisK
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2019
    Maybe you are playing in io mode. And change the picture unlz 211 and put 1 image fourteen times

Back