• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rep vs. Postcount

If one of them had to go, which one would you prefer to keep?

• Total voters

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    If one of them had to go, which one would you want to keep?

Um... yeah. o.O Somebody else brought this up to me, so I thought I'd make a poll on it. Keep in mind that this is simply a poll, and the results will not in any way affect the community.

As for me, I'd rather keep postcount. What about you? XP

Jolty-kun

Years
    And that 'someone', was me xP, i was gonna make this too, but i just wasnt bothered, anywayz, post count, the rep system means nothing now, so if i had the choice, itd be postcount!

dude, shut up, what the heck are ya doing?, *reports to arcy*

Lady Pearl

Nyago-chan ish sleeping~!
    Years
    Ehh, I don't understand a word Butt Monkey is saying. -.-

For me, it's postcount! In some sort of way, you get reputation by your posts and reputation seems untrue. It'll be better to have 100,000 posts than 11 reputation squares.

dumbthingy

General Protection Fault
    Years
    I'd say postcount. I post very few posts anyway.

rep u ta tion n.

1. The general estimation in which a person is held by the public.
    2. The state or situation of being held in high esteem.
    3. A specific characteristic or trait ascribed to a person or thing: a reputation for courtesy.
    4. A measuring unit counting the attempts to being <guess what?> ;)

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    I say both of them have to go, but if I choose one I keep rep. Not posts count since it seems most people are fighting about how many posts someone has.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Postcount.

I made these posts through a time span of 1 year, and nothing can replace those memories.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    If I had to choose ONE, I wouldn't. I'd pick neither to stay. They are both things on PC that were meant for members to feel good about themselves for people thinking their good, or just to know that you post a lot, but people have now turned these once enjoyable things into a competition. Spamming, posting in topics that aren't needed to be posted in, ect, help raise the members post count, so thats what they do. Begging for rep, is what members still do to this very day, which I find pathetic, really. You would only really beg for it, if you didn't have any confidence in yourself.

Now I've expressed my opinion, XD

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
    Daisuke said:
    If I had to choose ONE, I wouldn't. I'd pick neither to stay. They are both things on PC that were meant for members to feel good about themselves for people thinking their good, or just to know that you post a lot, but people have now turned these once enjoyable things into a competition. Spamming, posting in topics that aren't needed to be posted in, ect, help raise the members post count, so thats what they do. Begging for rep, is what members still do to this very day, which I find pathetic, really. You would only really beg for it, if you didn't have any confidence in yourself.

Now I've expressed my opinion, XD

I hate you. -_- You just had to post that before me.. Well, I agree 100%. ^_^ That's how I feel exactly on the current situation.

~Blade~

Years
    Reputation, post count... take them both away it doesn't really matter to me...

Quality over quantity, they say...
    Your reputation is worthless if you ask for it or if you see them giving you reputation for things like: "Oh I like your sig" ...

Back