• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Repel's effect wore off! Use another?

blue

gucci
Years
  • This is a new feature that surfaced in B2W2, when a repel runs out if you have more of the repel you are using, the game will prompt you whether to use another one or not with a Yes or No box. IIRC this didn't happen in BW and I was wondering if anyone else picked up on this? I personally think it's a nifty little feature that saves some time when travelling through caves or grassy areas.

Sirfetch’d

I love it. It is one of the best new features in the game. I don't know why it took so long to put in the games. I have always wanted to use multiple repels at the same time, but this is even better. I use repels all of the time(especially in chargestone cave) this helps tremendously.

Years
  • I am so relieved they included this feature, I hated going through caves without running into a single wild Pokemon. Why didn't they include this in earlier games?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    This is probably going to be unanimous; I agree with above posters, this is an awesome feature.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm so happy they included this. I hate wild encounters. HATE them. So when I had to go into the item pouch every time just to use a repel, it annoyed me. But this feature has legit made me so happy. I started CLAPPING when it first asked me if I wanted to use another. Like, as much as a five year-old going to Disney World.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Oh my gosh I really love this. Sometimes I use repels when Im trying to find stones in Dust clouds or KO Audino for experience, and I dont want other Pokemon encounters slowing me down, its really convenient to be just asked to use another repel when it runs out.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Not sure if I liked this feature more or the move held item feature more. It's the little things that make the game that much more better!

Pinta77

I haven't gotten very far yet. I'm glad to hear about this though.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Yay! \o/
    This'll be so helpful. You can't even imagine how boring and annoying it gets to keep going into that bloody bag and grabbing a repel every time the last one runs out x____x
    But oh well, that's all over now \o/

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I almost cried with joy when I first came across this feature. Definitely one of my most favorite features of the game. While it did take a while to implement it, I'm glad that it did get included at all, and I hope it remains in every future game.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • my friend was just telling me about this feature. i haven't used repel yet because i've been training my pokemon (:

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    That's probably my favorite new stuff. Together with the habitat function of the pokédex.

Years
  • This was by far the best feature they've ever implemented, imo. It was such a chore to dig through to bag and use another repel each time yours wore off, seriously. Very thankful for this new addition. <3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • When I've seen this in Japanese version I was overjoyed and was like FINALLY THEY DID IT!
    Seriously, in DS games I always have hidden items searching feature on the down screen and open menu just to find another Repel and then set the searching feature again was really a drag...
    I was really grateful, even though I found myself using less Repels than in previous games.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I loved, loved this feature. Although so small, it made a huge difference in reducing the need for me to open my bag repeatedly to spray another repel. An excellent inclusion.

Back