• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Replacing Menu sounds

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Pretty much as the title says. How would one go about replacing the Menu sound effects?
    Things like when you open/close your bag and so on.
    I know how to replace Pokemon Cries using Sappy and such, but I don't know where the menu sounds are stored or even how I'd edit them.

Years
    I think if you load your ROM in Sappy and change the index number to something like 0 and just go up from there you'll start hearing menu sounds (and most sound effects). You can just sift through those and find the correct sounds, insert new sounds, and repoint.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Huh. I can't adjust the song number, which I assume is the index number. Anytime I set it below 256, the healing song, it just resets to 256 or above.
    If it makes any difference I'm using Galooloo's sappy.xml because attempting to load Fire Red just caused Sappy to crash, I have no idea why.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Ah it works. It's just my PC was being a ♥♥♥♥ last night and not playing sounds. Thank you!

EDIT: OK so I've got the sounds located and marked down, now it's just a question of converting this WAV to a MIDI file.

Last edited:
    Back