• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Replay Value

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • What games do you own or have owned, that you feel the replay value is worthless. For example, I'm having a wonderful time with FF8 but all the drawing from enemies really bores me and I highly doubt I'll start a New Game. See? Stuff like that. So again, what games do you believe have little to no replay value and why do you believe that?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well, as muuuuch as I love the Ace Attorney games, they kind of have no replay value, because of course, you'll know all the answers beforehand. But, I believe that the story is good enough to play again on certain AA games, which.. I guuuuuess that can be a bonus on playing again?

Years
  • I feel like I am going to earn the Title of Halo nerd on these forums, but for me, it has to be Halo 3! I got it on release day in 2007 and still play it till this day, I think the story is amazing!

TY

CoD has no replay value in terms of the story for me. I dont feel like playing a horrible story again, not even for some missed intel so i can get a throphy.

Years
  • Tough one for me... It almost pains me to say it, but if I had to choose one, it'd be the WWE games. Like, I love doing the Universe mode on them, but that's about it. After completing the main "story" of the game, it's pretty much just playing random 1-on-1's or whatever. The online, to me, is so exploitable and silly that it's only fun playing with a friend, and I don't even really do that.

From looking at my games, yeah, this was a tough one.

Actually, just doing some last thinking, I'll say Uncharted 1. I might get flamed for it, but eh. I started with Uncharted 2, and so I went back to play 1... I'm not sure. I just can't get into it, for whatever reason. I loved 2, and I'll probably love 3 as well (still gotta play that...), but I just can't seem to get into the first one. Maybe one day.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • CoD has no replay value in terms of the story for me. I dont feel like playing a horrible story again, not even for some missed intel so i can get a throphy.

I swear every other post one way or another you're slating CoD lol.

It's hard for me to pick because most of the games I've played do have some kind of replay value to them either by multiplayer or something else in singleplayer, but Ace Attorney does have little to no replay value to the games except for relieving the story again. Like someone has already said you already know what evidence to use and what to do so it feels kinda pointless on playing again.

Years
  • Naruto: Path of the Ninja for me. There's essentially zero post-game (I think there's just a cutscene leading you back into the main town, and then you're just supposed to continue training in the areas again), and I could not be bothered to beat the game again.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Whatever RPG's that do not contain any post-game content, basically.

(examples of post-game content include bonus dungeons, superbosses, etc.)

Reactions: T!M
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Games with Worthless replay values:

Brutal Legend- the game was fun, but really there's not much to do with it after you beat it. As fun as the Devil May Cry games were I thought that they were boring after I had beaten them. I'd say God of War has an amazing story mode, but there is not much to do after you beat the main game. Most Mario and Luigi games have poor replay value imo.

Games with amazing replay value:

Fire Emblem: Awakening. The game was really long, but even after there was so much you could do whether it be side quests or customizations. Such a great addition to the 3DS overall.

The Halo games. Such a wide community with great players to play with. Really any game like that has good replay value, like the Smash Bros. or COD or mmo community.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Tough to say, really. Generally those kind of games that are supposed to be playable in short bursts, such as more arcade-styled games. Things like RPGs that don't have an awful lot of a post-game (like Thousand Year Door), are generally something I'll only pick up and play every few years or so. So I guess the lesser the replay value, the less frequent I'll play through it in the future.

TY

I swear every other post one way or another you're slating CoD lol.

It's hard for me to pick because most of the games I've played do have some kind of replay value to them either by multiplayer or something else in singleplayer, but Ace Attorney does have little to no replay value to the games except for relieving the story again. Like someone has already said you already know what evidence to use and what to do so it feels kinda pointless on playing again.

Shhhhhhhhhh let me rant on CoD as much as i want ;D

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • CoD has no replay value in terms of the story for me. I dont feel like playing a horrible story again, not even for some missed intel so i can get a throphy.

Call of Duty has never had a good story, but what else do you expect from a game all about the multiplayer...I dislike games like this, sadly, they get kinda old quickly.

TY

Call of Duty has never had a good story, but what else do you expect from a game all about the multiplayer...I dislike games like this, sadly, they get kinda old quickly.

To be honest, the first 3 CoD games actually had a good campaign, but the multiplayer was rubbish back then xD

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • It usually comes down to preference. Like if a game is really long like a Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls game, they can turn off a casual gamer because of the time they have to invest in it.

Me personally have always felt the Lego series of parody games lose their value quickly after one playthrough since the games are usually mindless fun. They would be better suited for kids when it comes to replay value.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Depends... most of my games are story-based and once you finish the storyline the new game does not provide that much fun...
    I do replay a game if there's new NG+ content that's worth the playing :)

Years
  • Off the top of my head I can't think of any game that I've played that I wouldn't ever want to replay. Even games like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton have immense replay value for me just because of the fantastic stories. Hmm... nope, I literally can't think of any games with absolutely no replay value.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Well, as muuuuch as I love the Ace Attorney games, they kind of have no replay value, because of course, you'll know all the answers beforehand. But, I believe that the story is good enough to play again on certain AA games, which.. I guuuuuess that can be a bonus on playing again?

Ahaha You mean you remember all the answers? I struggle immensely with them, regardless of having played them once before, because I have absolutely no idea what evidence to give to orchestrate the situation to what I know it should be.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned, most games that I pick up have decent replay-ability, maybe it'll be "let's go back and get all the thingies I missed the first time" or "oh wow I'm really jonesing to go through that level again!", but I will usually have a reason to pick up an old game again. Heck, it could even be something as silly as wanting to hear the music again, but I almost always come back to a game if I've had it long enough :)

Back