• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Replay!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Replay!
    Replay!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    So Black and White was born two years ago (in Japan), can you believe it? Surely during this time and early 2011 you've played the games over more than once!

Replay!
    How many times have you restarted Black and White?
    Replay!
    With Black 2 & White 2 coming along the way, do you plan on ever playing these games again? Or are you going to let them collect dust like we always do to poor old games? What will they be to you?
    Replay!
    Also with B2W2 being released in Japan in just two months, do you plan on replaying these games one more time just before? How about for the US release?
    Replay!
    If you do plan on replaying these games (even after the release of B2W2), what will you be your main goals in the game?
    Replay!
    Will you be restarting Black, White, or both?

d i s c u s s d i s c u s s d i s c u s s

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm on my second playthrough atm, but that's only because I finished my first in about 10 hours and a few months later I could barely remember having done that, probably because I just zombied through lol, so I restarted then. I'm not really planning to replay them again.

Years
  • Oh my turn! So I didn't enjoy Black and White as much as I thought I would so I have high expectations for B2/W2 but to answer your questions;

Replay!
    Like.. 6 times..

Replay!
    With Black 2 & White 2 coming along the way, do you plan on ever playing these games again? Or are you going to let them collect dust like we always do to poor old games? What will they be to you?
    I have never let a game just sit there for ages gathering dust. I always replay my games even if I have done them 100%. I still play all my NES, Snes, Genesis, Magnavox etc. (Yeah I'm collector) So it will be an awesome game that I will continue to play even with the new ones coming out.

Replay!
    Also with B2W2 being released in Japan in just two months, do you plan on replaying these games one more time just before? How about for the US release?
    I am currently replaying all my pokemon games just got to Soul Silver, so I will be replaying it again soon in time for release.

Replay!
    If you do plan on replaying these games (even after the release of B2W2), what will you be your main goals in the game?
    I never make goals for the games, I keep getting ideas for like a full water team or something but it never works out like I plan.

Replay!

I will be restarting Black as thats the only one I have.

I hope that this is an insight into my little B/W world haha. If it didn't make sense the I blame my inability to think of interesting things to say/write.

<3

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 2 years, already!? Wow time really does fly.

I've played through White twice and Black once so in total three times.

With Black 2 & White 2 coming along the way, do you plan on ever playing these games again? Or are you going to let them collect dust like we always do to poor old games?

Well I haven't really caught and trained all the Unova Pokémon so I do see myself returning to play them. I did enjoy playing through Black & White so I don't see why not.

What will they be to you?

Brilliant games and a place to store my Pokémon.

Yeah, it will keep me busy and make the wait less tedious.

Catching all the Pokémon in Unova and training a decent and sturdy team.

Both.

I'm really looking forward to B2W2 and I'm expecting them to be slightly better than Black & White so if I enjoyed them as much as I did I'm sure I will love these upcoming games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    i only played it through twice (not a lot, i have played the others at least 5 times each) because i could never come to like the pokemon. hey bore me now. i look forward to a ruby sapphire remake though :)

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I have traded Black away (Why the hell did I do that!?) for some other game I really can't recall, I had every Pokemon collected and a collection of events, shinies and DW Poke's but since the announcement of the B/W sequels, I brought the game again and slowly working my way back up to where I was, 3 Gyms down so far... I also can't believe I got a Lv.100 Arceus off the DW which I can actually use right now (or once I arrive in Nimbasa), OHKO Elesa's team! XP

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I haven't replayed Black version, but I have made two new teams to conquer the Elite Four. I know it's not the same, but this level of variation is - for me - more than I normally do in a game. Because of this, I probably won't replay it any time soon. Indeed, it'll probably be if and when I discover the cartridge lodged behind the sofa and think 'Hey, I should play this again'.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I've restarted for the literally seventeenth time. I love my White way too much to stop playing it all together.
    I plan on playing my White after I beat the sequel. I would never let it collect dust! D:
    That would hurt its feelings. ;;

I'm going to keep playing this runthrough until the US release of the games. That way I have plenty of time to finish everything possible before the new games are released.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I'm on my third playthrough of White, which I started a while back, but have yet to finish (I should really work on that...). Seeing as I don't really trade online, or battle, I don't see the point in me keeping a save file (I think Pearl is currently acting as my 'storage' game, so to speak), so I tend to replay through my games now and then.

I'll probably replay through White at least one more time prior to the release of the sequel, and, depending on how that one goes, I'll decide which one to make my 'main' game, and which one I'll restart every so often just to play through the story again.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i played pkm white and when i tried to reset and start anew, i could not even get pass the moment where all 3 of you cross to the first route together. mainly because it was sooo tedious and boring for me and the story was nothing compared to HGSS, which I always enjoy resetting.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • I'm really hesitant to start a new game :I I have so many incredible pokes stored in my PC and I'm not quite ready to finish my current Unova adventure. I guess that's just my savvy, Dutch-side talking xD

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • Replay!
    Replay!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    So Black and White was born two years ago (in Japan), can you believe it? Surely during this time and early 2011 you've played the games over more than once!

Replay!
    Replay!
    Replay!
    Replay!
    Replay!

di s c u s s d i s c u s s d i s c u s s

Well

1st preguntas: yes i hav replayed over 10 times( i get bored easily)

2nd preguntas: i have ALWAYS played my old pokemon games (due to the fact that i get bored easily

3rd preguntas: Sí i will play the games over thats a weird habit for me

4th preguntas: one of my main goals is to at least defeat alder( i know its too late for that

5th preguntas: i have white my brother has black

Years
  • Replay!
    Twice, it would've been more except I have some shinies stuck on there :/
    Replay!
    I will most certainly replay them! I play all my pokemon games, and have a habit of restarting, getting halfway through and then restarting again...
    Replay!
    If I'm able to get my friend to help me transfer the shinies. I love Unova pokemon.
    Replay!
    To try out the misfits of the game. It'll be a bit of a challenge since I always go for a team that can cover almost every single type, and ever since I discovered bulbapedia I've been comparing stats... but I don't want to do that the next time.
    Replay!
    White, since that's the only one I have. It never made a whole ton of sense to me to buy both versions especially with the GTS.

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
    Years
  • I got mine recently because I'm poor T_T

Seriously, I haven't restarted mine once. I only do that to my old games before I got obsessive about proper natures for legendaries.

Well, let's do this PROPERLY!

None. Go me!
    They'll still be playable... to me! Besides, if I get Black 2 (already got White) then I should be able to almost complete my Unovadex.
    No, I'm still playing. The only games I regularly reset are Ruby/Sapphire because people seem to be impressed by the Regi trio and they're like my favorite trio ever.
    "Catch all the legendaries again and hoard all the Pokémons or just keep obsessively EV training teams but losing interest halfway."

Neither! This poll even assumes that I bought both T_T I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, POLL! I have like 400 hours on my Platinum, I'm never restarting it (except when I do because I need a Palkia with an actual good nature!).

Years
  • Le sigh, I would if I could. I made it about halfway through the game before my younger brother took it and played it on my account. Then he lost it! >:(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I haven't replayed Black or White in ages, and I doubt I ever will. I kinda wanna leave them as they are, plus I've done so much on White I don't wish to spoil that. ;; I'm glad that B2/W2 are coming out tbh because it means I don't need to reset Black to explore Unova again lool.

But yeah um, in total I've reset Black like 2 times as actual playthroughs and 10 times for Victini. :3

Doa

Analyzer
    Years
  • I'm replaying White (again) right now. For a Nuzlocke, in fact, but I'm not very far yet.

And to think all those times I've reset, I've lost legendaries, event Pokemon, well-trained Pokemon, and even a shiny Lillipup. I should've traded more to my younger brother...not that he touches his game for anything other than Mystery Gift.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I am replaying it right now, but I may restart it again, just to change my name. But, thats what action replay is for...

Back