• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Yeah sorry about that. but for some reason i copy and paste the item PBS from Version 16 and all the files necessary and the script but i cant find out what i did wrong. ill download a fresh one and see if it fixes my issue.
Your problem is that you're trying to take things out of v16 to use elsewhere. I do not support that, and I won't assist anyone who tries that.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
Your problem is that you're trying to take things out of v16 to use elsewhere. I do not support that, and I won't assist anyone who tries that.

I'm trying to make my v15 updated to v16 i changed the script to v16 and all of the PBS files besides Trainers, metadata and encounters files. and i checked them to see if they have been changed in the v16 version. ill keep messing with it its probably something simple. Like i don't want to start all the way over because my game can't recognize Repel but it can recognize other items. its weird. I will get out of this forum and make a new one for my problem. thanks for taking time out to talk with me.

Years
I'm trying to make my v15 updated to v16 i changed the script to v16 and all of the PBS files besides Trainers, metadata and encounters files. and i checked them to see if they have been changed in the v16 version. ill keep messing with it its probably something simple. Like i don't want to start all the way over because my game can't recognize Repel but it can recognize other items. its weird. I will get out of this forum and make a new one for my problem. thanks for taking time out to talk with me.

v16 has different formatting in the PBS files than v15 did. Off the top of my head, I know that Pokemon.txt now has the Incense property (which shouldn't cause a game-crashing error if you have it in v15, it'll just be space in the file that's not used), and that Items.txt now has a property directly after the name that's used for how the name should look as a plural (this, on the other hand, will mess with v15). If you wanted to take a v15 game and use v16 files, you'd need to update the compiler script section, and any scripts that run on reading the .dat files...

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
v16 has different formatting in the PBS files than v15 did. Off the top of my head, I know that Pokemon.txt now has the Incense property (which shouldn't cause a game-crashing error if you have it in v15, it'll just be space in the file that's not used), and that Items.txt now has a property directly after the name that's used for how the name should look as a plural (this, on the other hand, will mess with v15). If you wanted to take a v15 game and use v16 files, you'd need to update the compiler script section, and any scripts that run on reading the .dat files...

I changed the compiler to use the v15 and it worked. i had to use the old v15 item text file but for some reason the new compiler wouldn't allow me to use v16s item file that it came with it. i didn't even modify it ether and it kept giving me issues. thanks again for helping me out. hopefully i'll find a way to get v16 compiler script to work with it.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
vN7EbKu.png

Metronome'd Sky Drop caused a crash on second turn. Not familiar enough with combat scripts to figure out what the deal is here.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
So weird error and I'm too stupid to figure it out. Always happsns after using the Editor 2-3 times, no matter what I change. Have tried fresh versions of v16 and upgraded from v15, error shows up.

Code:
Exception: NameError

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:4098:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4212

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Hi guys, not sure what's going on, might just do a fresh install if there's no easy explanation, but does anyone happen to know what the following error means? It happens after I catch a new Pokémon, the error pops up, then disappears and the game is continued. However, the caught pokemon vanishes.

Exception: NoMethodError
PScreen_Pokedex:667:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'
PScreen_Pokedex:747:in `pbStartDexEntryScene'
PScreen_Pokedex:1109:in `pbDexEntry'
PokeBattle_Scene:2792:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_Scene:2789:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokeBattle_Scene:2789:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_Battle:236:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PItem_ItemEffects:1677
PItem_ItemEffects:1676:in `call'
Event:150:in `trigger'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

::Edit:: I just tried a clean game, and still receive the error. ::/Edit::

I'm using latest version (16). Is there any chance it could be attempting to reference an older version maybe? And if so, is there a way to clean/remove it from the attempted reference?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
Every time I've changed everything such as the Pokemon's learn sets, items, etc, the error always show up.

I'm using Windows XP, which is outdated. Does it have to do with that program?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Every time I've changed everything such as the Pokemon's learn sets, items, etc, the error always show up.

I'm using Windows XP, which is outdated. Does it have to do with that program?
Don't you think you could be a little more specific? What is "the error"?

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Hi, so I guess this is a bug.
Using fly with Pidgeotto (the one that the player's mom gives you at the beginning) loops until the move's PP are 0 as if the Pokemon is under encore.

https://youtu.be/sSAqLkds2Ag

EDIT, it was already reported. didn't notice.

EDIT 2, renaming nult with mult doesn't seem to have solved the problem though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Wondering if my previous error is due to this error in the editors Compile Data error I get:

Exception: NameError
Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:4098:in `pbCompileAllData'
EditorMain #####:275:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain #####:85:in `loop'
EditorMain #####:279:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain #####:285
EditorMain #####:285:in `pbCriticalCode'
EditorMain #####:285
Is there any quick fix, or understanding as to why this error might appear?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Wondering if my previous error is due to this error in the editors Compile Data error I get:

Is there any quick fix, or understanding as to why this error might appear?

My friend got an error similar to this, and then managed to fix it with a hard recompile. Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the playtest button and wait for it to recompile all the game's assets.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 27, 2016
Mega evolution results in error.

Intl_Messages:559:in `[]'
Intl_Messages:559:in `get'
Intl_Messages:670:in `get'
Intl_Messages:707:in `pbGetMessage'
PBItems:531:in `getName'
PokeBattle_Battle:656:in `pbGetMegaRingName'
PokeBattle_Battle:654:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:654:in `pbGetMegaRingName'
PokeBattle_Battle:1821:in `pbMegaEvolve'
PokeBattle_Battle:2832:in `pbAttackPhase'

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
My friend got an error similar to this, and then managed to fix it with a hard recompile. Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the playtest button and wait for it to recompile all the game's assets.
Thanks for this!

Using control when telling the editor to compile the database, seemed to bypass the error messages. (Which I'm assuming/hoping resolved that issue.) Though my hopes of it resolving the pokedex error were trampled (still receiving the pokedex error).

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
Getting this error in double battles with a partner trainer when the partner tries to switch
HTML:
---------------------------

PokeBattle_Battle:1378:in `pbSwitch'
PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `pbSwitch'
PokeBattle_Battle:3938:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2656:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2655:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2655:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2637:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2660:in `pbStartBattleCore'

He never actually sends out a new Pokemon.
And thenhere's the error I'm getting when I try to switch out.
Code:
PokeBattle_Battle:2269:in 
PokeBattle_Battle:1472:in `pbRecallAndReplace'
PokeBattle_Battle:1408:in `pbSwitch'
PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `pbSwitch'
PokeBattle_Battle:3938:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2656:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2655:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2655:in `pbStartBattleCore'

I did alter some scripts, but I don't think I've ever modified anything related to PokeBattle_Battle, so I doubt that's the problem.

Years
Essential 16 bug:

Using multi-turn attacks such as fly or bounce locks the user into using that move continuously, even without opportunity to run, switch party members, or use an item. Tested with tutorial Pidgeotto.

This can be fixed with a single line addition
In
Code:
def pbUseMove(choice,specialusage=false)
after
Code:
# Start using the move
    pbBeginTurn(choice)
    # Force the use of certain moves if they're already being used
    if @effects[PBEffects::TwoTurnAttack]>0 ||
       @effects[PBEffects::HyperBeam]>0 ||
       @effects[PBEffects::Outrage]>0 ||
       @effects[PBEffects::Rollout]>0 ||
       @effects[PBEffects::Uproar]>0 ||
       @effects[PBEffects::Bide]>0
      choice[2]=PokeBattle_Move.pbFromPBMove(@battle,PBMove.new(@currentMove))
      turneffects[PBEffects::SpecialUsage]=true
add

This may not be the optimal fix, but it works as far as I can tell, and will do until/if there's a patch.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Upon entering full-screen I noticed that there are these really awkward looking 1 pixel high lines that appear inside of tiles that have a priority of anything higher than 2, from what I can tell at least.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back