• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost] Ruby Title Screen Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Phantom

sick and perverted bastard
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Im having a problem with editing the Ruby Virsion tile.
when i use TileMolester and use the ruby pallet it turns out saying ruby version in black and wight but its very jumbled is that normal or have i done something wrong.
in the tutt it dosent look jumbled.
sory i cant past a pic because i dont have 15 posts yet.

are you sure u got your codec to 8bpp..? because it really shouldn't mess it up.. tho "ruby version" is black and white q:

AussieMau

Spriter
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Aug 8, 2007
yes it is black and white and i have it on 8bpp linear because for some reson maby its the virsion of TileMolester i have it dosent have just plane 8bpp.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
does anyone no where i can get the pokemon sapphire pallete???
i tried searching for it and i cant find it???

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2007
I'm getting a visual problem on my Ruby dump when I change the intro.

{see attachment}

That yellow thing in the middle of nowhere is associated with the "Ruby Version" title screen because it drops from behind the missing "Pokémon" Logo.

I have blanked out the Pokémon and ruby version titles; 15331280 and 15325388 are all black.

What the heck is that yellow garbage and how do I remove it? Is it my dump (it has a stupid "Mugs presents" thing in the beginning)?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Those "Mugs-intros" are really anoying.. I don't think it's due to that, but you should download an other ROM though ^^
Well, sometimes it happens with other sprites too.. that you get glitchy-things at the bottom..
Anyway, that text you see is "Push Start".. Are you sure you deleted that too ?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2009
Thanks This helped but now that i have extracted the image and edited it how do I add it back to the game (merge the new pic to the rom) because its just a seperate gba file?

Last edited:

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Where do I download tile molester? I downloaded it from somewhere, and there was no program.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2007
Can someone help me ?
I did this up to where I edited the "RUBY VERSION" bit and this happened.

img257.imageshack.us/img257/8976/titledarkmoonerrorwj3.png

Black Lugia

Shadow Trainer
Years
Have you ever heard the frase, "TRY MAKING YOUR TUTORIALS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARENT PROFESSINAL HACKERS AND MAKE YOUR TURTOIRALS EASYIER TO UNDERSTAND!!" ya you probly heard that fraze about 1million times cuz ur turtorials stink! Well, they stink for statring hackers, but if your a professinal pokemon hacker nutt aholic its perfect for those kinda guys..

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
1. Don't double post
2. Mind your language.. n00b - -' *reported*
3. I didn't made that first tutorial
4. Almost every tutorial is made FOR newbs, advanced hackers don't need tutorials, they make them.
5. Get out of my thread..

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Have you ever heard the frase, "TRY MAKING YOUR TUTORIALS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARENT PROFESSINAL HACKERS AND MAKE YOUR TURTOIRALS EASYIER TO UNDERSTAND!!" ya you probly heard that fraze about 1million times cuz ur turtorials stink! Well, they stink for statring hackers, but if your a professinal pokemon hacker nutt aholic its perfect for those kinda guys..

This tutorial deosn't stink!
I did it when i first started hacking and it worked perfectly!
Oh and don't double post! Advanced hackers don't use tutorials do they?!? Do you see hackers like Zel going "Oh thanks for this tutorial i didn't know how to do this but now i do" ?
Do you? NO!!!!!!!
I found this easy to understand so next time you post don't double post and think about what you post first!

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023

...I'm not professional at hacking but I can atleast understand the tutorial.:\

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
...I'm not professional at hacking but I can atleast understand the tutorial.:\

Thank you! Just a bit of proof you don't need to know much about hacking to get this tutorial. I didn't when i tried this and it worked fine.

jdogpwnz

Pokemon Elite Journey
Years
READTHIS!!

please somone hlep me because when ever i try to insert my backround, it said somthing like this,
"compress size is: 653. Which is bigger then the space use to be.
Really Insert?" i Didnt know what to do so i pressed "yes" And whenever i try to play that certain rom, it is a blank white screen and nothing happpends Can any1 tell me what to do? If you can plz try to ~~~~PM~~~~~ me and if you cant just leave a comment and i will be truly greatful thanks!

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
When your edited image is bigger then the original, UnLZ-GBA Auto-aborts if that function is checked.
This is for your own good.. when you want to insert your (bigger) image you need to repoint it.
To do so, look for some free space in your ROM (FFs, 00s) and write down the offset.
In UnLZ-GBA, when you push "Write to ROM" make sure you use these settings. (Only mind the red things..)
[00800000 = an example = the free-space offset]

Test your ROM after you did this and it should work normally..

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
where am i supposed to go to get those things i need to do this

johnnysasaki

Noobie hacker.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
Is emerald the same as ruby? I thinking about starting a new project with emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back