• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Republican 2012 Candidates

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Has anyone here been keeping up with the debates?

What are your thoughts?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    They're all extremists. Most are fascist extremists. Ron Paul is a libertarian extremist.

I don't like extremism. I won't vote for any of them. In fact, I think I'll vote for myself as a write-in like I did last election. Or maybe this: https://www.americanselect.org/

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Okay, here is my current concern about the debates, Freaky...

So anyone else "fed" up with Herman Cain?

It is beyond me that his appeal as an outsider, and his simple-minded tax solution (999) has garnered him so much support. Okay, first of all, he is not an outsider. He is the only candidate that work with the Federal Reserve; he served during an era that made it a precedent to print excessive amounts of money which caused super-inflation, and he defends the actions of the Federal Reserve. Okay, now read a bit more on what 9-9-9 really entails. (Most that support it do not understand it.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-the-999-plan/2011/10/12/gIQAHszPgL_blog.html

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Cain is just a fad right now.

Ron Paul is in double digits and among the Top 3 in Iowa and New Hampshire. Someone or two is bound to drop-out after those states vote. He's also polling well in Nevada.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."
    -Ron Paul

I'd go for Romney if I had to. Everyone else is just a bit too silly for me.

Last edited:

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
    herman cain-token black man. i bet the conservetives are telling him to act the way he does so it'l be barack vs cain ''the brotha''.... disgusting rascist republicans.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."
    -Ron Paul

I'd go for Romney if I had to. Everyone else is just a bit too silly for me.

https://slander.revolutioni.st/racist.html

Read this, before slandering someone. Just because you found a quote online doesn't mean that he said it. That is why I mostly watch speeches of the candidates rather than getting second-hand sources that do not have official/proper citation with misleading or false information.

Ron Paul is an advocate against racism -period.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I can respect Ron Paul. The rest are just an assortment of their own styles of crazy. Bachman stands out as the worst by far.

Ron Paul has some more radical view points, and I wouldn't support many if enacted in office. With that said, he can be respected for his ability to hold onto those ideologies.

I'm just hoping America isn't stupid enough to fall for the underhanded tactics of the more popular Republicans. Obama still seems the best of any evil in the race(by far).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'm going to vote for the eventual nominee, unless it's Bachmann or Santorum. I'll vote Libertarian or AIP then.

Zet

Years
    Cain defends accusing Planned Parenthood of 'planned genocide'

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is standing by his assertion that reproductive health care provider Planned Parenthood is carrying out the "planned genocide" of African Americans.

In a March speech to the conservative Heritage Foundation, Cain said the organization's mission was to "help kill black babies before they came into the world."

On Sunday, CBS host Bob Schieffer asked the candidate if he still believed that statement.

"Yes," Cain replied. "I still stand by that."

"Do you have any proof that was the objective of Planned Parenthood?" Schieffer wondered.

"If people go back and look at this history and look at [Planned Parenthood founder] Margaret Sanger's own words, that's exactly where that came from," Cain insisted. "Look at where most of them were built. Seventy-five percent were built in the black community and Margaret Sanger's own words — she didn't use the word genocide. She did talk about decreasing the number of poor blacks in this country by preventing black babies from being born."

Anti-abortion activists often misquote Sanger as saying, "[W]e want to exterminate the Negro population."

But in full context, the quote has the opposite meaning. In a 1939 letter to pro-birth control advocate Clarence J. Gamble, Sanger argued that black leaders should be involved in the effort to deliver birth control to the black community.

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs," she wrote (PDF).
    source

So is anyone else still listening to this guy?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    ...I'm not sure whether to feel old or just sane whenever I see an older person completely lose their grip on reality like this.

But no. I hope his ridiculousness fades into obscurity where it belongs so that the rest of us adults can continue talking about important stuff. <___>

Years
    Herman Cain, how are you even leading in polls for the nomination? Your numbers are wrong, btw.

Among abortion clinics in 2008:
    • 63% were located in neighborhoods where one-half or more of the residents were
    non-Hispanic white;
    • 12% were located in neighborhoods where one-half or more of the residents were
    Hispanic;
    • 9% were located in neighborhoods where one-half or more of the residents were
    black;
    • 1% were located in neighborhoods where one-half or more of the residents were
    "non-Hispanic other"; and
    • 15% were located in neighborhoods where no single racial or ethnic group accounted
    for one-half or more of residents.

[Source]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    @Herman Cain mugshot: ...o_O; Why do I get a sense of deja vu looking at his smile despite having never heard of him?

Regardless. I for one am voting for Ron Paul. I find that I generally like his stance on things.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    The majority of aborted babies are children of color.
    ... And? Even if true, why does it matter? Its not exactly like it'd show Cain has any idea what he's talking about. In any context his assertion is insane.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    There are more unplanned pregnancies in low income families. Also, it's more difficult for parents with little to no income to raise a child.
    Therefore, the abortion clinics are also more predominant in low socio-economic neighborhoods. Statitistically speaking, a larger percentage of people of color live in low-socioeconomic neighborhoods. However, the intentions of the abortion clinics are to supply more abortions for the higher demand of abortions in low-economic areas, not to hinder the growth in the black community.

Percentage (number) of people in Poverty in America by Race:

White 13% (25 million people)
    Black 35% (14 million people)
    Hispanic 34% (17 million people)
    Other 23% (6 million people)

37 Million non-white people in poverty
    25 Million white people in poverty

Last edited:
    Back