• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Republican 2012 Candidates

Years
    Anyways anyone saw this very infamous Ad yet?

And with that It's a 3 way for Mitt, Gingrich and Ron Paul. :/
    You know, I love to watch commercials without the sound on and see what kind of body language the people use. First you get the "calm down, be quiet" hand telling you he's going to be serious. Then you get the open, almost-making-a-fist hand that says he's passionate about what he's talking about. Then the dismissive shrug which says "can you believe this?" and lets you know it's okay to ridicule. And you can almost see the desperation in the way he holds both hands out. Then he finishes with a "we're in this together, let's go get the bastards" kind of manly pseudo-punch. I don't even need to know what he's saying to know that he's gonna be pandering to the base in this add. It's written all over his face.

c l e a r

Transparent Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    oh dear, the internet seem to have taken something stupid and run with it again!

Republican 2012 Candidates

He's got my vote now.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    Just so you guys know. There is a debate tonight. Our new top-tier is Gingrich, Romney, and Paul.

When and where to watch:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...when-to-watch/2011/12/10/gIQAtsfjkO_blog.html
    I saw.

As usual, Ron Paul is always on top of his game. Too bad the others are always stuck with their hands down their throats. I cracked up when Perry said he learned from Ron Paul about the FED. He's just saving face. He's know damn well how the FED works, he's a freakin Governor for crying out loud. To top it off, he's Governor of TEXAS! Where Alex Jones and other protested the federal reserve branch of that state.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Serious question, but have we ever elected a candidate (In the past 50 years) who was completely legit, nothing at all bad about him?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I don't really know. JFK was good I guess, he had his problems, but he didn't become corrupt, nor did he take orders. For example, when his JCoS presented him with a document entitled Operation Northwoods, he was immediately fired.

So, if you switched it up to, "have we had a good President in the last 50 years?" I'd say yes. That was John F. Kennedy. These other clowns (Ronald Reagan I suppose did some good) just carried off what they were told through teleprompters. That was evident enough when George Bush Sr was in office.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Gingrich is feeling the scrutiny now that he is the front-runner, and conservatives are starting to lose support for him, while Ron Paul is surging. In the most recent poll, Ginrich has fallen to 22% and Ron Paul has increased his support to 21%.

https://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/ron-paul-rising/

Everyone saying that he should be blacked-out by the media or that it is impossible for him to win the nomination can suck it, lmao.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Gingrich is feeling the scrutiny now that he is the front-runner, and conservatives are starting to lose support for him, while Ron Paul is surging. In the most recent poll, Ginrich has fallen to 22% and Ron Paul has increased his support to 21%.

https://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/ron-paul-rising/

Everyone saying that he should be blacked-out by the media or that it is impossible for him to win the nomination can suck it, lmao.

The money bomb on the 16th should but him over the top. After that, he just needs to get to 2nd place in NH and he can proceed to win states like California that have large amounts of delegates and are in favor of his libertarian positions.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    To be honest, since Ron Paul is a threat to the Establishment, the polls may end up being rigged anyway, like with Obamas. So this whole voting thing in reality is a sham. The puppets are usually chosen at Bohemian Grove or Bilderberg meetings.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    To be honest, since Ron Paul is a threat to the Establishment, the polls may end up being rigged anyway, like with Obamas. So this whole voting thing in reality is a sham. The puppets are usually chosen at Bohemian Grove or Bilderberg meetings.

I know what you mean. They rigged the 2008 Nevada GOP caucuses after it became clear that Paul was going to win. Sue "Cocks for Docs" Lowden had the entire meeting shutdown and they rigged it to say that Romney won and Paul only came in second.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I know what you mean. They rigged the 2008 Nevada GOP caucuses after it became clear that Paul was going to win. Sue "Cocks for Docs" Lowden had the entire meeting shutdown and they rigged it to say that Romney won and Paul only came in second.
    Well Ron Paul doesn't have a snow balls chance because the Media said so lol. So we know anything they say must be true.

But really, it's just an illusion to sell out to the public that he isn't when in reality he's won a lot of the polls.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years

Which is a good thing. We don't need any more extremists than we already have.
    So anyone who is against supporting Israel(which will help by stopping us from wasting millions of money and soliders)someone who wants America to be...America again is an Extremist?

This type of crap has been portrayed upon real Patriots by the Establishment for quite some time, mainly ever since 9/11. In a sense, I'm getting tired of the word "extremist" being used so loosely and without character.

Anybody who is in support of the U.S Constitution and what it stands for happens to be an extremist now. So this only proves how much twisting and cutting up the mainsteam does. Thank God I "unplugged" myself from the Matrix. Else I'd be thinking this way as well.

Years
    So anyone who is against supporting Israel(which will help by stopping us from wasting millions of money and soliders)someone who wants America to be...America again is an Extremist?

This type of crap has been portrayed upon real Patriots by the Establishment for quite some time, mainly ever since 9/11. In a sense, I'm getting tired of the word "extremist" being used so loosely and without character.

Anybody who is in support of the U.S Constitution and what it stands for happens to be an extremist now. So this only proves how much twisting and cutting up the mainsteam does. Thank God I "unplugged" myself from the Matrix. Else I'd be thinking this way as well.

Advocating a sudden withdrawal from a key middle eastern military alliance shows your (and Paul's) complete lack of understanding of world politics. That's asinine, for starters.

Dissolving half of the federal government is quite extreme, no matter how you try to justify Paul's actions to yourself.

I agree that we already have extremists in office. Obama is a good example.

Or the entire current Republican field, with Huntsman as the only somewhat sane one of the bunch.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Advocating a sudden withdrawal from a key middle eastern military alliance shows your (and Paul's) complete lack of understanding of world politics. That's asinine, for starters.

Dissolving half of the federal government is quite extreme, no matter how you try to justify Paul's actions to yourself.

Or the entire current Republican field, with Huntsman as the only somewhat sane one of the bunch.

If by extreme you mean bold, I agree. We need to take big, bold steps to decrease the national debt and sharply reduce the size of government. We also need an full and immediate withdrawal of all of our overseas troops.

Paul, Johnson, and Huntsman are the sane ones running.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I want Paul to win and I don't want him to win. Its strange, I know.

I agree that his ideals are best for America, just not his chosen actions to enforce those ideals.

Like LW said, immediate withdrawal isn't the best choice. While I support withdrawing all troops, it needs to be done slowly. Start with the smaller, unimportant military bases and work your way up.

As for the taxes and the debt, its a complex problem. As for solving it, recalling troops would free up a large amount of money. imo? Use some of that money to cover tax breaks for companies but, keyword, but, give them a ultimatum for the tax break. If they don't create X amount of jobs in Y amount of time, then they lose that tax break and have to pay up the money that they saved from it. Nothing gets corporate America moving faster then the chance to make money, or the fact that they will lose money.

As for alliances, no. Just no. Have the US play a smaller role in them? Yes. Have us end every alliance? No. Not smart, and anyone who thinks is needs to get a reality check and/or learn some World Politics. Come at me bro does nothing, except earn a ass kicking on epic scale.

While I'd support a flat tax, the truth is that Congress would spend a long time arguing about the rates and at the end let the plan die out. Tax reform, while needed, can't be done with the narrow minded individuals in congress. (Who, despite the beliefs of some people, are not just on one side. They are on both)

I haven't bothered learning about Johnson and Huntsman since those two don't have enough numbers behind them to be worth any attention.

Back