• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Lately, it seems many members have been abusing the reputation system. The community staff's stance is that this will not do. I'll quote out of the rules how the system is intended to be used.

There are two issues that have arisen lately in regards to the reputation system. The most major issue that has come up within the past week is what I'll refer to as "reputation parties". It seems a great amount of the community's members have been pointlessly handing out reputation - if to increase the reputation blocks (
    reputation_pos.gif
    reputation_pos.gif
    reputation_pos.gif
    ) in a person's account or whatever the case. There have been an alarming number of members with a high amount of blocks as a result of abuse.

Also something that has happened for a while are members handing out negative reputation to other members illegitimately - be it members giving bad reputation with flaming comments to other staff when threads are locked, or, comments to other members that are completely disrespectful to the member.

The staff will begin to infract members who abuse the reputation system. This issue isn't new to the community, so I'll have to warn that if the system continues to be abused, the staff may consider disabling the system permanently.

So what counts as high Excatly? Three or more bars?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Is it okay to give reputation to PC friends if it is their birthday or some other major acomplishment?

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I got one of those SPAM reps a while back and it's annoying me. Is there anything I/you can do to remove it or something?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    meh. It has been abused for even after it started, though.

The staff will begin to infract members who abuse the reputation system.

I like this so much. In fact, I've been waiting for the staff to do this.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • You took it off your post. :|

I already realize what's going on. There's no need for repetition. I was just pointing out a small mistake you made.

And it actually does have something to do with the point. Because really, those are the reputation rules. If you like a post, rep it. If you don't like it, neg rep it. That's exactly what it says, right?

It could cause a major misunderstanding. I hope you know where I'm coming from.

I get what your saying.

It's a major loophole in the rules. Someone could justify the +repping by saying "Well, I liked his/her post! And the rules say I can do that!"

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • *sigh* My stance? This reputation system should have never found it's way back to PC, it was abused last time, and it will undoubtedly be abused again.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I think the holiday type reps are usually from higher staff, considering things like everyone who posted in particular holiday thread got repped with a large number. (Unless there was a holiday rep-bandit going around. O_O) Birthdays can stick to birthday threads that people can make for everyone, rep doesn't make much sense for them. XD Accomplishments like getting modded or the like are good events to rep for. Otherwise, I stick to repping for awesome/fun posts. :P

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    So if you rep someone for a post you liked, but the comment you leave doesn't go is that considered spam ?

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    So if you rep someone for a post you liked, but the comment you leave doesn't go is that considered spam ?
    It's basically considered spam if it's something like "omg bb ilu <3333333333 you're so awesome!", among other things.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I like to think that most of my rep was earnt fairly, however there are a few times where I have receive positive rep from friends for no reason.

While I appreciate the gesture I'd prefer to have my reputation reflect my membership here properly.
    Would it be possible to have those ones removed? I'm trust your judgement to choose which ones they are.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    It's basically considered spam if it's something like "omg bb ilu <3333333333 you're so awesome!", among other things.

Then why not just get rid of it, if it's causing problems.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I think the holiday type reps are usually from higher staff, considering things like everyone who posted in particular holiday thread got repped with a large number.

I didn't received any of those rep from the staff, so I don't think so.

I think the SPAMs are like what Pink said or is just gave you a +/- rep without any reason at all---meaning, blank...

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Really, not that many people are at fault. Way too many of you seem to be worrying for no reason. It's just a particular group of people that are ruining it for everyone.

If there is any undeserved rep you want removed, you can PM me and I'll remove it.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Really, not that many people are at fault. Way too many of you seem to be worrying for no reason. It's just a particular group of people that are ruining it for everyone.

If there is any undeserved rep you want removed, you can PM me and I'll remove it.

And it seems as if the abusers were de-repped to a fair amount, if I'm not mistaken.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • Lately, it seems many members have been abusing the reputation system. The community staff's stance is that this will not do.

There are two issues that have arisen lately in regards to the reputation system. The most major issue that has come up within the past week is what I'll refer to as "reputation parties". It seems a great amount of the community's members have been pointlessly handing out reputation - if to increase the reputation blocks (
    reputation_pos.gif
    reputation_pos.gif
    reputation_pos.gif
    ) in a person's account or whatever the case. There have been an alarming number of members with a high amount of blocks as a result of abuse.

Also something that has happened for a while are members handing out negative reputation to other members illegitimately - be it members giving bad reputation with flaming comments to other staff when threads are locked, or, comments to other members that are completely disrespectful to the member.

The staff will begin to infract members who abuse the reputation system. This issue isn't new to the community, so I'll have to warn that if the system continues to be abused, the staff may consider disabling the system permanently. It appears that a select group of members have been sending SPAM reputation in the system - we do not want to turn off this system just because of a select group of offenders, but we may have to if this abuse continues.

hey i agree completly about this. People who purposly bad rep people should be banned =]

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Then why not just get rid of it, if it's causing problems.

Either that, or at least give us a list of some better situations in which to rep people for. That way spamming lessens and people treat the system with respect so we don't lose it.

Making it clearer might help those who are abusing the rep system (who are obvious..considering one day they have one rep bar, and a week later four? That's ridiculous.)

EDIT: I'm really slow in news threads XD.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Reputation is becoming way too political. Is it wrong if I thank a member by giving them a rep? Is it wrong if I negatively rep someone who is acting like a jerk? Is it wrong if I rep someone if it's their birthday? And if any of those are wrong, why?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back