• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    To Brock, go with the second one. Earth Power is special, and Rhyperior has terrible SpA.

To Peeeka, The reason they as high as they could be, is because of IVs. Those are points you can't control, so assuming you EV'd them the way you meant, those are fine. Just a few points below what they could be if you got perfect IVs.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Quick evolution question

Hi,

If I was to EV train and raise a Haunter to lvl 100 without evolving it into Gengar, would I be able to trade that Haunter with someone to evolve it at lvl 100? Or does it become "un-evolvable" at lvl 100? >.<

Secondly, would a lvl 100 Haunter have any stat differences than a lvl 100 Gengar besides the fact that Gengar has better base stats? Like would a Gengar get a better benefit out of EV points than a Haunter would?

Sorry for the strange question, I'm just not a huge fan of Gengar but I love Haunter :)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I'm not 100% sure, but I think it does evolve @ level 100 via trade, because it works for stone pokemon.

Kiedyn Bmyoan

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Competitive?

Just curious, My team of favorites,

-Slowking
    -Marowak
    -Magmar
    -Misdreavus
    -Mawile
    -Hitmontop

These Pokemon to me at least don't seem competitive in the slightest. I know that there are some Pokemon that just aren't made for battling, but are any of these Pokemon competition worthy? If they are how would I use them and what strengths would I play too? Just gathering outside opinions.

Years
  • Slowking is used in UU. Marowak is used in NU/UU - it has a gigantic attack stat.

Magmar needs evolving, as does Misdreavus.

Mawile...sorry, can't help you on that one.

Hitmontop is used in UU, provided it has Technician, as he is a brilliant Rapid-Spinner.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I'm making an Uber team, and is Arceus banned from Ubers? I wanna use the Extreme Killer set.
    Also, what would be better, DD Rayquaza or SD Rayquaza? I don't want to have 2 team members relying on a 8 PP move.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I'm making an Uber team, and is Arceus banned from Ubers? I wanna use the Extreme Killer set.
    Also, what would be better, DD Rayquaza or SD Rayquaza? I don't want to have 2 team members relying on a 8 PP move.

Arceus is banned because it can't be EV'd legally.

DD or SD Ray Ray is whether you want to worry about Weavile/Mamoswine/anything with Ice Shard or not. DD can get you to outpace them and kill with Extremespeed before they can hit you, SD gives you a faster boost so you can do more damage faster. Basically its a matter of preference.

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • What do you guys think of this Glaceon?

Glaceon@???
    Calm/Bold
    126 Sp.Def/126 Sp. attk/200 Def/52 HP

Barrier
    Fake Tears
    Wish
    Ice Beam

I'm not sure what i should give him so I need some suggestions on that... But other suggestions regarding EV's And Moveset will be listened to aswel.

Years
  • If it's a Calm one:

@Leftovers

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Curse
    Baton Pass
    Ice Beam / Avalanche
    Wish

Or if you wanna go Fake Tears:

@Leftovers
    Modest
    208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe

Fake Tears
    Ice Beam / Blizzard
    Hidden Power Fighting
    Wish

Or if natures aren't set, and you can breed, go for the choice set.

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • If it's a Calm one:

@Leftovers

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Curse
    Baton Pass
    Ice Beam / Avalanche
    Wish

Or if you wanna go Fake Tears:

@Leftovers
    Modest
    208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe

Fake Tears
    Ice Beam / Blizzard
    Hidden Power Fighting
    Wish

Or if natures aren't set, and you can breed, go for the choice set.
    I dont really wanna go choice with him. Or Baton pass really.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Going by this:
    Impish Qwilfish@Leftovers
    248 HP/152 Def/104 SpD/4 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Pain Split
    - Poison Jab
    - Taunt/Aqua Jet

Any ideas for what to put instead of Pain Split, if anything?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Is there such thing as an item clause in competitive battling? If there was what would the rules be?

~Sentuk

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    I'm debating if I should replace one of my smeargles move for substitute

It has: Spore, Belly Drum, Baton Pass, Block
    yeah, block is the only one i can afford to replace with sub. I've actually never used block with my smeargle, which is why im really considering to replace it.

Back