• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
  • It's quicker to use cheats.. but you only get half exp with exp share... better make it fight by itself
    EXP Share is very useful. Here's an example: My Salamence is holding the EXP Share and my Gyarados is battling right now. They are lv. 55 atm and I want them at lv. 100. Gyarados gains the full exp by defeating a pokemon, and Salamence also gets some free exp. Isn't it useful?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I thought the exp. share did just split the exp earned equally between the poke that is holding it and the one that is battling? Aka same effect as when you train it up by switching out, only w/o the switching.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I thought the exp. share did just split the exp earned equally between the poke that is holding it and the one that is battling? Aka same effect as when you train it up by switching out, only w/o the switching.
    You also don't make your low-level Pokémon a target for Pursuit, not that it's a huge concern when battling the E4. Also, if you do the switch-around strategy, you have to bring that Pokémon back out every time the other guy switches, so it ends up taking more time.

Ryuk99

Seeker of Knowledge
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Does Pysch Up copy the speed boost if used on a pokemon with swift swim, while it's raining?

GoldStrike

Professional Procrastinat-
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    EVs to dump. (Where?)

Hey guys so I've got a steelix w/ brave nature. I'm going for a wallish set but wanna keep it flexible. Heres some stuff to help you out:

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Brave nature (+atk, -spe)
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Explosion
    Gyro Ball
    EV SPREAD: 252 HP, 252 ?

So yea guys I've pretty much got this set figured, but I don't know where to dump my remaining EVs. Someone help me out?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hey guys so I've got a steelix w/ brave nature. I'm going for a wallish set but wanna keep it flexible. Heres some stuff to help you out:

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Brave Sassy or Careful nature (+atk, -spe)
    Earthquake
    Toxic Roar
    Explosion Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball
    EV SPREAD: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 4 Defense

So yea guys I've pretty much got this set figured, but I don't know where to dump my remaining EVs. Someone help me out?

The above spread works best so you cushion neutral special hits better. Stealth Rock is great forentry hazards since boom on Steelix accomplishes very little, same with Toxic because bulky waters usually beat steelix regardless so just use Roar to shuffle damage, beat baton pass chains, etc.

Years
  • Hey guys so I've got a steelix w/ brave nature. I'm going for a wallish set but wanna keep it flexible. Heres some stuff to help you out:

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Brave nature (+atk, -spe)
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Explosion
    Gyro Ball
    EV SPREAD: 252 HP, 252 ?

Because it's brave you probably want to put the other 252 into attack, but if you want to use this guy as a defensive type, invest the 252 into it's horrid special defense and put the other 4 into attack.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Just askin', what's a good way to make use of mightyena?
    Also, can you breed a victreebel that has tickle and leech life, or just one or the other? :/

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • HALP!

I can't log onto shoddy.

The list of servers is blank.

My internet is working fine though obviously.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • EDIT: NVM it fixed itself. I hate my my computer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Just askin', what's a good way to make use of mightyena?
    Also, can you breed a victreebel that has tickle and leech life, or just one or the other? :/

Mightyena is good with quick feet jolly nature and a choice band running this set thunder fang, crunch, rock smash, sucker punch/bite if you like flinching
    cb crunches hurt from this guy I believe it can 2 or 3 hit ko a bronzong

Question about the IV' breeding method in HG/SS with Power items.

If you have two different Pokemon in the Daycare and they both have those items on it is supposed to Ensure the Same IV's are passed on. But i looked at my Pokemon's IV's and they had terrible IV's and only one stat was Perfect.

Is it Possible that this Method isn't 100%?

The power trick works randomly it is a 75% chance to pass the ivs if not mistaken but no it is not 100% guarenteed however this trick can turn an almost flawless iv spread int a completly flawless one depending on how luck you are. But for breeding you are better off just learning how to breed using rng it is alot more effective a lot less time consuming and a way to breed legit flaewless shinies and catch legit shiny flawless ledgendarys

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • OK, My old OU team was :
    Azelf
    SD Scizor
    Dugtrio
    SubLO Pain Split Gengar
    Latias
    Mix Salamence

I want to return to my old team because I like it. First of all I'd like to kick Dugtrio and replace it with ScarfTran, and I'm looking for a Latias replacement. I was thinking about NP Azelf but with all those ScarfTars around I don't think I'll be able to pull it off good. I'm thinking about either Suicune or Vaporeon instead of Latias because she's banned, and I'll might replace Salamence with offensive Zappy or Raikou. If I do all those changes I'll keep Dugtrio, because the whole team would be special attackers.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Starmie or Gengar is probably the best special sweepers since Latias is gone. Specs Kingdra can pack a huge punch if you still want a strong STAB Special Dragon Attack.

Vecransyh

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Hey guys. Check out my OU Team

Heracross w/ Choice Scarf
    Guts
    Adamant
    252 Atk/252 Spd
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Night Slash
    -Stone Edge

Tyranitar w/ Choice Scarf
    Sand Stream
    Jolly
    252 Atk/252 Spd
    -Superpower
    -Crunch
    -Rock Slide
    -Pursuit

Forretress w/ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Relaxed
    252 Hp/252 Atk or Def?
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion

Gengar w/ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid
    252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    -Substitute
    -Pain Split
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

Gyrados w/ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    252 Atk/252 Spd
    -Waterfall
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Salamence w/ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Naive
    252 Atk/252 Spd
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast

What do you think?

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • I notice you only split those EV's Betwwen to stats..Might a suggest EV training in other stats aswel.. (ie 252 Speed/126 Attk/126 Sp.attk).

Also i dunno about 2 Choice Scarf on a team... But Im not overly expeirenced in OU..

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    You can consider 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD for Forry (you can move some EVs to Def though), lets it wall Rotom without Overheat, and use Payback > Gyro Ball to 2HKO or 3HKO (depending if it's offensive or defensive) Rotom. But it depends on you if you want to be more successful at spinning, or have more power and STAB vs stuff like Tar.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Any good CM Luke set?
    I'm planning to use Modest 252 SpAtt / 252 Spe / 4 HP with Aura Sphere / Shadow Ball / Vacuum Wave / CM, or there's a better set?

Back