• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    I have an adamant qwilfish with 252 EVs in Attack and Speed.
    It knows Waterfall, Lifebond and Poison Jab.
    What should be it's fourth move?
    What item should it be helding? I thought about life orb...

The sword dance set from smogon is what I used to use on my OU Rain Dance team, but I replaced it with Kabutops. It's not as easy to set up in OU, and Kabutops has X-Scissor for Celebi. Besides, Kabutops is UU.
    For NU though, that shouldn't be much of a problem, thus Qwilfish.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    it already knows rain dance, but I have a lead for my rain dance team... I was thinking about thunder wave or facade, but it can't get poisoned and I can't afford it if it gets burned or paralyzed so...
    Well, status moves is best left for other Pokemon that are bulkier in my opinion. Explosion, Swords Dance, and Spikes are the best options for the last moveslot really. I guess you can use Taunt to force them to attack you while you use Destiny Bond.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    but qwilfish will die before he can use destiny bond if he uses taunt, or that's what I think, unless I use taunt while he changes so the new pokémon will have to attack me...

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    but qwilfish will die before he can use destiny bond if he uses taunt, or that's what I think, unless I use taunt while he changes so the new pokémon will have to attack me...
    You will need to predict when they use a non-attacking move, kind of like using a Counter Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Hey, what is a good moveset for a defensive articuno? Id like it to easily take care of sceptile, but still have enough bulk to survive for a while.

Years
    Scarf Primape can be a great addition to any ubers stall team as it eliminate stalls biggest counter: Darkrai.

His ability to also beat pokemon like Rayquaza who also threaten stall is very useful.

Any commo stall pokemon such as Groudon, Blissey and Forretress will pair great with him.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    OK, just a very simple question. ^_^

Mixed Infernape: Physically-based or Specially-based?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    The Ultimate Hariyama?

Before I'm accused of spam for posting a thread twice, read the last post of the original.

So after ages of research, damage calculation, Abilitydex consulting and Type matching, I think I've come up with the Ultimate Hariyama.

The set.

Spoiler:

The strategy.
    Spoiler:

If you think it can be improved, or that it's simply terrible, feel free to comment

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, what is a good moveset for a defensive articuno? Id like it to easily take care of sceptile, but still have enough bulk to survive for a while.

Articuno isnt a very good Sceptile counter. The Swords Dancer destroys it with Rock Slide and Stealth Rock is so common which makes it very difficult to even go toe to to with even Leaf Storms.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Acid Weather

If you don't know about the Acid Weather glitch, click here.
    Anyways, I was considering making a team around the Acid Weather glitch, because it seems original and cool. (Although it would be tough to do)
    However, it is a glitch, so I don't know if this would be fair or not.
    Your opinion on the matter?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    If you don't know about the Acid Weather glitch, click here.
    Anyways, I was considering making a team around the Acid Weather glitch, because it seems original and cool. (Although it would be tough to do)
    I say just use your Acid Weather team unless the opponent, tournament, etc. says no AW abusing. It really depends on who you battle, some don't care and some do.

Years
    It would have about a 33% chance to critical hit. That chance would increase to 50% (highest possible) if Dire Hit or Focus Energy is used.
    Aw, bummer. Oh, well. Thanks!

I don't think I would mind if someone used that strategy on me. It sounds kind of cool. Like Wolflare said, though, it really depends on who you're facing and how official the battle is.
    How would you revolve a team around this glitch? Those who are immune to the weather damage and those who know attacks like thunder, moonlight, solarbeam, etc.?

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    Mixed tier RD team

im having trouble making a rd team. my only for sure i know i want to use

Electrode
    Jolly
    Taunt/eplosion/rain dance.

Ludicolo
    Modest
    Swift Swim
    Surf/Energy Ball/Ice beam

Kabutops
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    Waterfall/Aqua Jet/Swords Dance.

other than that, im not sure what would be a good pairing as this is my first RD team, maybe a bulky wall, and a support?

anyway any comments or ideas or help would be awesome!

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011

Electrode
    Jolly

Ludicolo
    Modest
    Swift Swim

Kabutops
    Adamant
    Swift Swim

other than that, im not sure what would be a good pairing as this is my first RD team, maybe a bulky wall, and a support?

First thing to know on a RD team is that every poke should have Thunder, as a first.
    As a bulky water type poke, try:

Bold ~ Leftovers
    WaterAbsorb
    ~ 188 HP, 252 DEF, 68 SpD
    Surf
    Toxic/Protect
    Wish
    Ice Beam/HP Electric

As a sweeper, try:

Timid ~ LifeOrb
    Natural Cure
    ~4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Hydro Pump/Surf
    Thunder
    Rain Dance/Rapid Spin/Recover
    Ice Beam
    (You could also take 'Ice Beam' away to add one of the moves for slot 3.)

And maybe add a SRer, like Swampert:

Relaxed ~ Leftovers
    Torrent
    ~ 240 HP, 216 DEF, 52 SpD
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Ice Beam/Avalance
    Surf/Roar/Protect

Simply a suggestion.

Last edited:

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years

Electrode
    Jolly

Ludicolo
    Modest
    Swift Swim

Kabutops
    Adamant
    Swift Swim

I don't think every single poke has to know thunder, but one or two should be ok.
    You can use an electric one since you have a lot of water types to deal with the earth pokémon. Let electrode learn thunder.
    And you need one or two more rain dancers. Rain will last only 5 turns (8 if you give damp rock to electrode) so you'll need to make it rain again.

Years
    got a couple pokemon im questioning if i should have or not in my OU team, let me know yur opinions.

infernape
    focus sash
    impish
    ev spread-attack/speed/hp
    stealth rock/u-turn
    close combat/flare blitz

i use this as a lead, as soon as i set SR in play i usually u-turn to someone better.
    but it hasnt been surviving alot lately. mayb im not doin it right? =p

torterra
    leftovers
    sassy
    ev spread-atk/def/hp
    crunch/leech seed
    wood hammer/earthquake

i know.. not very good nature, thats the one i started plt with and i just havnt trained
    another one. leech seed is there t help it survive and annoy opponets but its been gettin raped by ice beam.

...also should i trade thunder for thunderbolt or thunder punch on my electivire, ive never liked the accuracy on thunder. but let me kno what yu think.

AleksanderU

Woohooo
    Years
    Ok, I got a lead which I need some moves to..

Jirachi
    And not with scarf. With Leftovers

I know I'm going to have
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Iron Head (Maybe)
    -??
    -??

So what is smart to have on a lead like Jirachi?
    U-turn?
    T-wave?
    Grass knot?
    Elemental punches?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    got a couple pokemon im questioning if i should have or not in my OU team, let me know yur opinions.

infernape
    focus sash
    impish
    ev spread-attack/speed/hp
    stealth rock/u-turn
    close combat/flare blitz

i use this as a lead, as soon as i set SR in play i usually u-turn to someone better.
    but it hasnt been surviving alot lately. mayb im not doin it right? =p

torterra
    leftovers
    sassy
    ev spread-atk/def/hp
    crunch/leech seed
    wood hammer/earthquake

i know.. not very good nature, thats the one i started plt with and i just havnt trained
    another one. leech seed is there t help it survive and annoy opponets but its been gettin raped by ice beam.

...also should i trade thunder for thunderbolt or thunder punch on my electivire, ive never liked the accuracy on thunder. but let me kno what yu think.

Infernape with a Sash should not have Flare Blitz, since it ruins the sash completely. You should also have a Naive natured Infernape, preferably with Fake Out/Stealth Rock/ Close Combat/ Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Torterra should be raised with Impish, and tbh Ice Beam will destroy it regardless, which is why there's 5 other Pokemon on your team. One of them should be able to take the Ice Beam for Terra. On a bulky set like that I prefer Leech Seed/ Earthquake/ Wood Hammer/ Stone Edge, but its up to you.

Back