• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    Using sheer logic, it won't. Otherwise, Manectric would have a "shocking" lack of STAB.

Also, why would you use Rhydon when Rhyperior is better, and Lightningrod when Rock Head/Rhyperior's Solid Rock is better? ._.

Maybe he uses it in double battles with a flying or water type to avoid the electric attacks...

Anyway, no, it doesn't hit himself with thunder punch (but anyway, it would be as strange as hitting himself in confusion... how much confused must be to punch itself??)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Hi, i hav been newly experimenting with EV training. jus wondering, does the amount of EV points you can get Capp out per level? or can u get unlimited amounts each level?

There is a limit of 510 EVs that a Pokemon can obtain - period. The EVs can be given at any time (Except level 100) and distributed how you want them, when you want them.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    Ok thanx, no capp. thats good. so i have been writting the EVs down to keep track. but is there anyway to find out ingame how many EVs you have in a stat? jus so i can double check my work :)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Ok thanx, no capp. thats good. so i have been writting the EVs down to keep track. but is there anyway to find out ingame how many EVs you have in a stat? jus so i can double check my work :)

Not really tbh, you kind of have to keep track manually or use an action replay code to check them

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Also u can only give a certain stat 255 evs maximum, (so if you want max for that stat give it 252 as its the highest multiple of 4 between 0 and 255). Giving u 3 extra :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Well, you pretty much have to use a +spe nature if you want to beat scarf infernape as +spe scarfape still outspeeds a +2 252 neutral Blaziken by one point.

Anyway, I made a little list for you about random stuff that you outspeed before and after an agility boost:

492: 120 ev's w/ a +spe nature hits 248 speed, which outspeeds, well, nothing but +spe tyranitar, but it lets you outspeed +spe scarf flygon, shaymin, and jirachi after a boost.

520: 168 ev's w/ a +spe nature nets 261 speed, which lets you outspeed neutral base 80's such as togekiss, dragonite, mamo, etc and outspeeds +spe scarfape after a boost.

541: 208 ev's w/ a +spe nature nets 272 speed, which lets you outspeed neutral base 85's such as hera and suicune, outspeeds 252 neutral rotom by one point, and outspeeds +spe pursuit bait scarf azelf and starmie after a boost.

You could also just choose to run 232 speed in order to make sure to outspeed naïve/timid Heatran, 236 speed in order to outspeed neutral base 90's, or 240 speed in order to tie with gliscor that runs 216 speed for lucario etc.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    no duh its gonna have agility, why would i ask in the first place.
    Some people don't know the mechanics of items like Choice Scarf. Anyways, with neutral Speed nature and 200 EVs, Blaziken outruns Scarf Jirachi and Flygon (most common fastest Scarf user). To outspeed Scarf Starmie, change its nature to a Speed increasing one, and use 204 EVs. This should be useful if you want to outspeed different Pokémon.

Beaten, I still posted a link though. ^.^

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    does anybody know how many EV's it takes for a Blaziken to outspeed certain scarf variants such as scarfape?

no duh its gonna have agility, why would i ask in the first place.

BCUZ ITS SO AWESUM HOW U WORDED UR QUESCHUN DOOD DUH.

Seriously, cut the snippyness, especially for such a terribly worded question that is so vague i cant even begin to describe or ill i mean ill just infract you lol. :/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    thank you for the replies, except you moderator. Its common sense i would have AGILITY on a base 80 speed pokemon on how to outspeed POKEMON W/CHOICE SCARFS!

Well user, some people are that misinformed about things like that i.e newbs. Again, its your fault for not specifying. Its also common sense that you be specific on forums.

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
    If used in a 2vs2 Trick Room team, what do people think of these Clefable ideas? (I wouldn't be using both in a team and for both of these ideas Clefable would have a brave nature and 252 ATK / 128 DEF / 128 S.DEF evs)

Clefable @ Chople Berry
    Belly Drum
    Drain Punch
    Last Resort/Return
    Protect

Clefable @ Toxic Orb (Magic Guard ability)
    Facade
    Zen Headbutt
    Moonlight
    Protect

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    i would say use the bd set, sicne the other one doesnt take full advantage of trick room, but bd clefable is very lackluster imo.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    ok, i've got a big order to fill. I've got a team of 6, and I want to make a competetive moveset for the lot of them (and yes, this isn't in any particualr teir)

just consider all opponents to be non-legendary (this is kinda in-game)

the team is:

Weavile (preffered lead)
    Skarmory (alternative lead)
    Absol (yes, it's UU)
    Dusknoir
    Gliscor
    Dialga (not really, a CAP pokemon with the same typing, make it physical, ATK and DEF please)

thanks! remember, this isn't a competetive team, more in-game, but I want to have a competetive moveset for them

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    You can't expect someone to do give you a moveset for each and everyone of your pokemon. We have no idea about the general strategy of the team. https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

you can find all of your party there and a moveset that suits them. Or, better yet, use an original moveset.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    yeah, the thing is, I want a team with just those six. that's as far as I got. I'm thinking:

Skarmory - SR/Spikes Phaser
    Weavile - Revenge Killer
    Dialga - (has to be special) Choice Scarf/Specs [with Adamant Orb]
    Dusknoir - Tank
    Absol - Standard
    Gliscor - Britscor (stallbreaker)

how's that? do you think it would need editing???

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
    Well state the types you are interested in and we can go from there. Select 6-8 types you have interest in, and look on the internet for real pokemon from that reigon in that type.

E.g. Water, Grass, Electric, Fire, Psychic, Bug, Flying, Ground.

Region: Kanto

Water: Poliwag,Magikarp,Gyarados,Starmie,Staryu, etc.

Back