• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Aero's right , since smogon didnt move Latias from OU to Ubers , that means Latias is still usable in OU . but if you played it in teamuber server , you cant play it in OU .

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I play mostly on TeamUber I'm actually steamed they made her Uber because I was in the process of planning a team with her but I'll wait until a friend there gives me the reasoning before I go flaming TU lol j/p.

Also Roserade is already OU there and I believe she is going to become OU on Smogon as well. I just hope Latias remains OU on Smogon.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I play mostly on TeamUber I'm actually steamed they made her Uber because I was in the process of planning a team with her but I'll wait until a friend there gives me the reasoning before I go flaming TU lol j/p.

Also Roserade is already OU there and I believe she is going to become OU on Smogon as well. I just hope Latias remains OU on Smogon.

Roserade is already OU on Smogon.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
To get off this topic and get back into what this thread is actually for...

I plan to catch a Shaymin soon with that new Wifi event thing going on. I plan to soft reset for natures/IVs so that I get either Timid or Modest as well as Hidden Power Ice or Fire. Which set would be recommended? I'm thinking Timid and Hidden Power Fire myself, but I'm not completely certain.

I'm going for a Choice Specs set for Shaymin-L and I honestly plan to use it in UU (in a little league where 1 BL is allowed, so it'll all work out). However, I also want it be able to be used in OU.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
To get off this topic and get back into what this thread is actually for...

I plan to catch a Shaymin soon with that new Wifi event thing going on. I plan to soft reset for natures/IVs so that I get either Timid or Modest as well as Hidden Power Ice or Fire. Which set would be recommended? I'm thinking Timid and Hidden Power Fire myself, but I'm not completely certain.

I'm going for a Choice Specs set for Shaymin-L and I honestly plan to use it in UU (in a little league where 1 BL is allowed, so it'll all work out). However, I also want it be able to be used in OU.
LO is honestly better then Specs in my opinion but both work. Something like this?

Shaymin @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Nature : Timid
EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Air Slash

In UU all Steels can be hit by Earth Power so I think HP Ice would be more useful to smack around Flying-types and Altaria who otherwise walls you.

Anti

return of the king
Years
LO is honestly better then Specs in my opinion but both work. Something like this?

Shaymin @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Air Slash

In UU all Steels can be hit by Earth Power so I think HP Ice would be more useful to smack around Flying-types and Altaria who otherwise walls you.

As obscure as the league Aero is talking about sounds like, you really should put in Rest over Air Slash to keep it healthy. Choice Specs is basically a worse Life Orb set anyway.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Slow Start lasts 5 turns , Regigigas worths use in Double Battles only but Double Battles arent so famous in the competitive battling =/ , beside you can use Regigigas as a supporting pokemon in normal battles .

This Jolteon Set cries to be used :

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability : Volt Absorb
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam

meh Jolteon's Movepool is limited , so you cant switch these moves listed to another move except Baton Pass for scouting only .

as for Marowak , this is the best move it has :

Marowak @ Thick Club
Nature : Adamant / Jolly
Ability : Rock Head
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance / Double Edge
-Bonemerang / Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Stone Edge

really this thing is a beast in Baton Passing Teams , but if you're gonna use it in Offensive Teams , I warn you NOT to use it because of its awful Speed ....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Baton Pass >> Signal Beam, this stops you from being Pursuit/stall/pokemon bait.

ok i need move sets item and evs the works for these guys
first up is honchcrow
then jolteon
second flareon
third slowbro
fith marawak
last jumpluff
ok i hope you can help.

Honchkrow@life Orb
252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird / Drill Peck
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- SuperPower

Standard physical broken Honchkrow.

Flareon@Life Orb
192 Atk / 184 SpA / 124 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- SuperPower
- Return

Mix Flareon is its best set, if not check here. If you use this set in OU or UU its outclassed by either Ape or Blaziken so keep that in mind. Use it in NU strictly.

Jumpluff@Leftovers
188 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Speed
Jolly / Timid Nature
Trait : Chlorophyll
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Encore

Sub seed annoying thing. @_@

Another set is Encore/Memento/Reflect/sleep powder if you life setting up sweepers like DDers.

Last edited:
Years
I need help with these pokemon..Movesets,EV/Nature and item to..any help would be great :]

Hypno,Scizor,Altaria,Walrein(sub and non sub).. and Breloom

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
How do i make Gliscor to learn Ice fang?

I just read on Gliscors moveset and it stands that it learn Ice fabg as a starter move. But he dosen't get it from breeding (becuse it dosen't stand any pokemon he needs to breed with). It also stands that Gligar can't learn that move. So i want to ask a question.

If i take a lv 1 Gligar and evolve it into Gliscor will it learn Ice Fang then?

If not then how do i make Gliscor learn it?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
No, just take Gliscor to a move tutor in Pastoria city to teach it Ice Fang in exchange for a heart scale. I think his house is located next to the lake, with someone standing outside it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
whats a good moveset for mawile? Here is mine

Mawile@life orb
Thunder fang
Ice fang
Fire fang
Poison fang

..no

Mawile@Life Orb
25 ATT / 22 HP / 6 SPEED
Adamant Nature
Trait : Hyper Cutter
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Poison Fang on anything = suck. The above set has better coverage and it NEEDS a STAB move. Sucker Punch also is good for Mawile as it has low speed.

I just read on Gliscors moveset and it stands that it learn Ice fabg as a starter move. But he dosen't get it from breeding (becuse it dosen't stand any pokemon he needs to breed with). It also stands that Gligar can't learn that move. So i want to ask a question.

If i take a lv 1 Gligar and evolve it into Gliscor will it learn Ice Fang then?

If not then how do i make Gliscor learn it?

Move relearner. You need Heart Scales.

EDIT :

Hypno,Scizor,Altaria,Walrein(sub and non sub).. and Breloom

Hypno@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 DEF
Calm nature
Trait : Insomnia
- Wish
- Thunderwave / Toxic / Hypnosis
- Seismic Toss / Psychic
- Light Screen / Reflect / Protect

Sp.Wall pretty much, ask if you want a more offensive set or the BP set.

Scizor@Choice Band
248 HP / 252 ATT / 8 SPEED
Adamant Nature
Trait : Technician
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- SuperPower / Brick Break
- Pursuit / Quick Attack

OR

Scizor@lIFE oRB
32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
Trait : Technician
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break / SuperPower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/ Roost / Quick Attack

Yeah.

Altaria has many viable sets, check here.

Same with Walrein, chek here. Its best used in Hail, however if you dont use it in hail i reccomend the sub + encore set.

Last edited:
Back