• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Hello all, recieved a weavile and a heracross in trades today, am requesting moveset help

Heracross@choice scarf
    swarm
    adamant
    252 attack/252 speed/4hp (i think)
    Megahorn
    close combat
    stoneedge
    Earth Quake??

Weavile@??
    Adamant
    252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
    ice punch/ ice shard
    brick break
    swords dance
    night slash

please rate and help me out with these, not really sure what sets are still viable in gen 5.

Well, I don't see too much of Heracross anymore in Gen V. Honestly there are plenty other better contenders for a slot in your team. But if you really do want him, get rid of Earthquake for Night Slash for Ghosts.

And Weavile looks fine to me, still a decent revenge killer this generation. Although he may want a Jolly nature, Adamant is still viable.

epyon101

Been Playing Since Pokemon Red
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Need Help Please Look!

Scizor and Aggron have dream world abilities that effect their weight, I am wondering would this effect there defense and/or speed at all?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    No, the Weight only affects Moves, such as Low Kick, Grass Knot, Heavy Bomber and some others.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Im making a team with excadrill, jellicent, ferrothorn, crunkle (roobushin) and rukushorin.

I need a starter to setup sandstorm and stealth rocks.
    The catch is that I need 5TH GEN ONLY. I can't use any other gen pokemon which is why this is difficult. I cant settup sand stream :(

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Im making a team with excadrill, jellicent, ferrothorn, crunkle (roobushin) and rukushorin.

I need a starter to setup sandstorm and stealth rocks.
    The catch is that I need 5TH GEN ONLY. I can't use any other gen pokemon which is why this is difficult. I cant settup sand stream :(

You'd most likely be better off not running a weather team at all in that case, as wasting both a moveslot (and turn) on Sandstorm, as well as an item slot to make it last 8 turns instead of 5 would be easy setup fodder for something like SD Garchomp.

I'd highly recommend a change in strategy, as without a Sandstreamer (TTar or Hippo), you've become bait.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    You'd most likely be better off not running a weather team at all in that case, as wasting both a moveslot (and turn) on Sandstorm, as well as an item slot to make it last 8 turns instead of 5 would be easy setup fodder for something like SD Garchomp.

I'd highly recommend a change in strategy, as without a Sandstreamer (TTar or Hippo), you've become bait.

Im fighting against 5th gen only teams as well. So i wouldnt be against a garchomp.
    Even if it has to be a suicide rush to put out sandstorm and rocks then i guess its all I can do for now. Hmmm i hate this5th gen only rule we're having lol

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Im fighting against 5th gen only teams as well. So i wouldnt be against a garchomp.
    Even if it has to be a suicide rush to put out sandstorm and rocks then i guess its all I can do for now. Hmmm i hate this5th gen only rule we're having lol

Yeah, I don't think you should go with a Sandstorm based team without a permanent sandstorm running. Only problem I have with a gen V only team is that it is too limited. There are so many other Pokemon that have gotten new toys this generation, it is a shame that you can only use the new ones.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Can I please have a moveset for my 252 speed/252 sp.atk/ 4 hp starmie please? Not a rapid spinner please as moves like stealthrock dont play a big part in pokemon blacks online battles :/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can I please have a moveset for my 252 speed/252 sp.atk/ 4 hp starmie please? Not a rapid spinner please as moves like stealthrock dont play a big part in pokemon blacks online battles :/

They do, hazards are still as prominent as ever. To back this up, Ferrothorn is the #1 most used Pokemon.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    252 SAtk / 252 Sped / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    Trait: Natural Cure
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock / Recover

Last slot is up to you, HP Fire beats Scizor (sp.def is the most common set now because of Latios and Reuniclus), Ferrothorn and Lance Bug whilst Psyshock lets you beat special walls like Bliss or you can just Recover to heal off LO recoil.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    They do, hazards are still as prominent as ever. To back this up, Ferrothorn is the #1 most used Pokemon.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    252 SAtk / 252 Sped / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    Trait: Natural Cure
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock / Recover

Last slot is up to you, HP Fire beats Scizor (sp.def is the most common set now because of Latios and Reuniclus), Ferrothorn and Lance Bug whilst Psyshock lets you beat special walls like Bliss or you can just Recover to heal off LO recoil.

I just havnt found entry hazards that dangerous in 3 v 3 battles :/

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I'm debating on which Conkeldurr I should make:

Adamant
    Guts
    252HP/252Atk/4SpD
    ~Drain Punch
    ~Mach Punch
    ~Payback
    ~Bulk Up

Or should it have Sheer Force with Hammer Arm? I'm leaning more toward the first one, but I wanted to hear some more opinions.

Years
    :] Glad I can help thus far.

You can EV train from whichever way you wish. I personally enjoy training from an egg (and as the pokemon is level 1 upon hatching, the only method of EV training I can think of before it can start doing battles itself is through medicines and EXP. Share).

Getting a good nature on your pokemon can be done in multiple ways. For one, a pokemon with they ability "Synchronize" can increase the chances of encountering a wild pokemon with the same nature as your Synchronize pokemon (or Sync for short). Say you have a Munna with Timid nature, if you search for wild pokemon with Munna as your leading pokemon, Timid nature pokemon will appear more frequently than they would normally. Or you could just keep trying to catch pokemon until you find the nature you want. Same goes for breeding. There's a method of increasing nature chances with an Everstone, but I forget which parent needs to hold it. I believe the female must have the desired nature and be holding an Everstone to increase the chances (don't quote me on that however).

Abilities are the same deal, minus the Sync and Everstone methods. Just keep trying until you get what you want.

Eggs moves are a bit different. Try searching a pokemon on Serebii, and then scrolling down to the section where it says "Egg Moves". Next to each move should be a "details" section which will tell you which parent the pokemon would need to be bred with to produce a baby with that egg move.

I am really grateful for your help so far. Unfortunately, I have a few more questions:
    • Does EXP. Share affect EV training - do you still get 1 EV point for not battling the pokemon and gaining experience through EXP. Share?
    • I am going to EV train my Chandelure - 252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP - I am attending a tournament in which pokemon are lowered to lv 50 when battling. Therefore, after having EV trained my Chandelure in the relevant stats and say it reaches lv 57, is it ok to leave it at that lv 57 or will raising it lv 100 make it better when lowering it to lv 50 for battling?
    • Does it matter where I start my EV training - e.g. EV train a lv 43 Lampent into a Chandelure rather than a lv 1 Litwick?
    • Does the level of the pokemon I fight affect the EV points gained - e.g. battle 252 Woobat at lv 12 rather than at lv 41?
    I would like to thank you for your time,

Anis

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years

Adamant
    Guts
    252HP/252Atk/4SpD
    ~Drain Punch
    ~Mach Punch
    ~Payback
    ~Bulk Up

Or should it have Sheer Force with Hammer Arm? I'm leaning more toward the first one, but I wanted to hear some more opinions.

That's how my Conkeldurr works, except mine is Physically bulky. It just depends on what you hate more, common physical threats like Excadrill and Garchomp, or common Conkeldurr switch ins, like Latios. With max HP, Latios's Draco Meteor fails to OHKO at full health. But with Choice Specs, you are a gonner. Max Special defense with Adamant nature and Max HP guarantees you live, without much residual damage, and then kill the stupid guy with Payback. :D Just saying.

And no no no, you want Drain Punch, seriously. The recovery is so much more useful. Keep Guts, and give him Leftovers for even more bulk.

Detox

Adamant
    Guts
    252HP/252Atk/4SpD
    ~Drain Punch
    ~Mach Punch
    ~Payback
    ~Bulk Up

Conkledurr @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Guts
    120 HP | 252 Attack | 136 Special Defense
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge | Payback

Thats your standard Conkledurr set.

I am really grateful for your help so far. Unfortunately, I have a few more questions:
    • Does EXP. Share affect EV training - do you still get 1 EV point for not battling the pokemon and gaining experience through EXP. Share?
    • I am going to EV train my Chandelure - 252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP - I am attending a tournament in which pokemon are lowered to lv 50 when battling. Therefore, after having EV trained my Chandelure in the relevant stats and say it reaches lv 57, is it ok to leave it at that lv 57 or will raising it lv 100 make it better when lowering it to lv 50 for battling?
    • Does it matter where I start my EV training - e.g. EV train a lv 43 Lampent into a Chandelure rather than a lv 1 Litwick?
    • Does the level of the pokemon I fight affect the EV points gained - e.g. battle 252 Woobat at lv 12 rather than at lv 41?
    I would like to thank you for your time,

Anis

1: yes, if they have an exp share equipped, they get the same EV's the pokemon that battled gets.

2: It wont matter as long as its EV trained

3: Only if you battle wild pokemon, otherwise you will have to wipe the previous EVs then re EV it in the correct stats. An easy way to level it up without battling wild pokemon is the day care or using rare candies, since they don't give EV's.

4: No, they give out the same EV's regardless of level.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2016
    Volcarona Moveset

What is a good moveset for Volcarona

mine has so far

Volcarona
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Timid
    Item: ???

Moveset:
    Bug Buzz
    Flamethrower
    Quiver Dance
    ????

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Scrappy Scrafty

I'm trying to make a nice Scrafty and I Think I have a solid moveset planned, I would like to hear suggestions though.

Scrafty
    Lvl.100
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature:Adamant(Idk about this)
    Item:???
    128 Atk/128 Def/252 Speed
    Moveset:
    DD
    Crunch
    Brick Break
    Dragon Claw

Reason for Moxie and Dragon Dance is to DD about twice to get my speed and attack up, then take out the first opponent(Giving me Attk because of Moxie), then after that I can practicly keep pwning unless they pull out a Zoroark EV'd in Speed or something. Then Brick Break is just for a Good amount of damage with stab. Then Dragon Claw for people with Dragonites and everything of the sort.

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    What is a good moveset for Volcarona

mine has so far

Volcarona

Moveset:
    Bug Buzz
    Flamethrower
    Quiver Dance
    ????​
    Life orb/Leftovers for the item and psychic on your last slot.

Detox

mine has so far

Volcarona

Moveset:
    Bug Buzz
    Flamethrower
    Quiver Dance
    ????

Erm on Volcarona you want HP Ground or Rock in the last slot, Psychic does absolutely nothing. The set should look something like this.

Volcarona @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spd, - Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Flame Dance / Fire Blast
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Rock/Ground] / Morning Sun

I'm trying to make a nice Scrafty and I Think I have a solid moveset planned, I would like to hear suggestions though.

Scrafty
    Lvl.100
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature:Adamant(Idk about this)
    Item:???
    128 Atk/128 Def/252 Speed
    Moveset:
    DD
    Crunch
    Brick Break
    Dragon Claw

Reason for Moxie and Dragon Dance is to DD about twice to get my speed and attack up, then take out the first opponent(Giving me Attk because of Moxie), then after that I can practicly keep pwning unless they pull out a Zoroark EV'd in Speed or something. Then Brick Break is just for a Good amount of damage with stab. Then Dragon Claw for people with Dragonites and everything of the sort.

You're on the right track, however the moveset needs to be

Scrafty @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick / Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch / Taunt

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Flamethrower is another option for Volcarona. But what is the percentage rating for fiery dance to activate its secondary effect?

Back