• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
    Thats the exact same set I gave to my Haxorus xD. The only difference is that I decided to give mine Outrage instead of D. Claw for more power to take out potential threats. Get up eniugh D. Dances and youll be able to 1 hit KO chansey (apparently it has some item that made it betterthan blissey or something) I did at least. But yeah, its good IMo.

Detox

Looking for a good moveset for this guy.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk) / Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald / Surf
    - Recover
    - Taunt / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
    - Toxic / Will-o-Wisp / Taunt

Is this a good Haxorus set.
    Fraxure @ Life Orb (Boosting Attacker)
    Nature: Jolly
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

I am looking for a good Swampert, Torterra, Rampardos, and Krookodile moveset.

You need to replace Dragon Claw with outrage and rock slide with taunt.

also

Swampert@Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Protect / Roar / Surf / Scald

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD, -SAtk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
    - Curse
    - Earthquake / Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Avalanche / Sleep Talk

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) / Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

Krookodile @ Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie / Intimidate
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch / Taunt
    - Stone Edge

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/torterra
    https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rampardos

^, check the links for Torterra and Rampardos since I have no idea how to give you a moveset for them.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    You need to replace Dragon Claw with outrage and rock slide with taunt.

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Protect / Roar / Surf / Scald

Krookodile @ Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie / Intimidate
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch / Taunt
    - Stone Edge

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/torterra
    https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rampardos

^, check the links for Torterra and Rampardos since I have no idea how to give you a moveset for them.

Okay thanks for the advice .

Detox

A Hardy natured Victini wouldn't fare too well in the competitive metagame, it would like to be Timid or Modest.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    Elemence Moveset Help

Hi there. First things first, i am a noob with this competitive team stuff so please bear with me if i mess something up.

After taking a look through Smogon, i have bred and raised a Salamence with an elemental moveset in my Sapphire version, which i will import to my Diamond version and eventually Black or White whenever i get it. Anyways, here is his current moveset:

Salamence Lvl. 50
    Fire Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Fly (Just a filler for now, probably will replace)
    Dragon Claw

When i was doing my best to hatch a good IVed Bagon with a preferred Nature, i had to make a decision and i ended up opting for an elemental moveset instead of the seemingly popular DDance moveset. I also messed up somewhere and never let my Elemence learn Crunch and i cannot Move Tutor it, so i need a last move for my Pokemon to learn.

What would you guys recommend me to do? If you need any more info i will gladly post it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    I need some help deciding which natures, movesets, and items to get for my team so I would like recommendations for the following :

Serperior/Overgrow
    Samurott/Torrent ( thinking Quiet nature )
    Haxorus/Mold Breaker ( thinking Adamant nature )
    Braviary/Sheer Force ( thinking Adamant nature )
    Hydreigon/Levitate
    Reuniclus/Magic Guard ( thinking Quiet nature )

Please & thank you.

Last edited:
    Years
    1: Yes

2: Yes, they get the exact same EV's as the pokemon that actually battled.

3: If you can RNG breed, I suggest you try that over soft resetting for a certain IV set and natures, because you would most likely burn your month out. I could also suggest you trade for the things you need, but idk if you have the resources to do so.

Thanks again. I wanted to confirm that if my pokemon e.g. Snivy battled wearing a macho brace, not only him but my pokemon with EXP Share would also get 2 EVs in whatever stat that corresponds with the pokemon battled. I say this, as I've read on 'serebii.net' that this is not the case and that the way to do this is to place the macho brace on the lower level pokemon (instead of the EXP Share) and send it out first and then change to my Snivy - meaning the lower level pokemon gets 2 EVs and the Snivy gets 1.

With regards to my team, I can't find a quick method to check the relevant IVs I want for my pokemon, so I may have to just EV train without knowing their IVs - Do you by any chance know where I could find a lv 1 Litwick, Deino andAxew with perfect/good IVs in SpAtk & Spd/Atk & Spd, so I could trade the pokemon for them.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I need some help deciding which natures, movesets, and items to get for my team so I would like recommendations for the following :

Serperior/Overgrow
    Samurott/Torrent ( thinking Quiet nature )
    Haxorus/Mold Breaker ( thinking Adamant nature )
    Braviary/Sheer Force ( thinking Adamant nature )
    Hydreigon/Levitate
    Reuniclus/Magic Guard ( thinking Quiet nature )

Please & thank you.

People are probaby going to tell you to run a typical physical set with Haxorus.

Spoiler:

There are special oriented Hydreigon movesets, but I think a mixed attacker is just as effective and often surprising.
    Spoiler:

Probably best to go with the typical set for Reuniclus.

Spoiler:

I am not quiet familiar with Serperior, but I have seen a few sets that seem to work. Sub-seed serperior makes use of it's bulk and speed.

Spoiler:

I have never seen or used Braviary before in battles. But, if it's going to run any sort of set-up, it is going to use its best stats.

Spoiler:

Samurott... Alright, I am sort of out of ideas with this one as it looks like it could use a lot of different movesets. It has roughly an average set of defences, and a slightly above average attack & SpAtk. Although, its movepool does not seem not give it up much option for a potential defensive pokemon in anyway really, but it has a great list of attacks to choose from. I'll try to make a few different movesets.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How often does an alright competitive team win in something like Pokemon Online?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    How often does an alright competitive team win in something like Pokemon Online?

I believe you can get a 90% win rate or something like with some teams. Experience and knowledge probably plays a large part in making any well equipped team go far.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It honestly depends on the person your battling and how good they are, I'd say an average team could get some wins but also a lot of losses.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

It honestly depends on you and how you use it, and the skill level of your opponent.

It honestly depends on the person your battling and how good they are, I'd say an average team could get some wins but also a lot of losses.

See, that's why I asked. If I win half the time and lose half the time with a team, is the team alright, or bad, all other considerations being equal? I'm experimenting on Pokemon Online, and I don't want to go through the effort of IV/EV training on a team that's crap, and I didn't know it was crap because I thought a 50-60% win ratio was alright for a team or something similar.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    See, that's why I asked. If I win half the time and lose half the time with a team, is the team alright, or bad, all other considerations being equal? I'm experimenting on Pokemon Online, and I don't want to go through the effort of IV/EV training on a team that's crap, and I didn't know it was crap because I thought a 50-60% win ratio was alright for a team or something similar.

My assumptions are the same as yours. If your losing at lot, something must be wrong. If you are winning a ton, then you are doing something right. Anything in the middle seems alright.

Go with your intution on this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    People are probaby going to tell you to run a typical physical set with Haxorus.

Spoiler:

There are special oriented Hydreigon movesets, but I think a mixed attacker is just as effective and often surprising.
    Spoiler:

Probably best to go with the typical set for Reuniclus.

Spoiler:

I am not quiet familiar with Serperior, but I have seen a few sets that seem to work. Sub-seed serperior makes use of it's bulk and speed.

Spoiler:

I have never seen or used Braviary before in battles. But, if it's going to run any sort of set-up, it is going to use its best stats.

Spoiler:

Samurott... Alright, I am sort of out of ideas with this one as it looks like it could use a lot of different movesets. It has roughly an average set of defences, and a slightly above average attack & SpAtk. Although, its movepool does not seem not give it up much option for a potential defensive pokemon in anyway really, but it has a great list of attacks to choose from. I'll try to make a few different movesets.

Spoiler:

Thank you very much for that information.

Years
    Hey guys, I'm looking to make a Sandstorm team with the following Pokemon, unless you have some of your own to recommend:

Gliscor, U-Turning Lead.
    Tyranitar, the Sandstorm setter.
    Excadrill, the Sweeper.
    Ferrothorn, the Spikes/Stealth Rock setter.
    Chandelure/Golurk, the Ferrothorn switch-out.
    and Empoleon, the Semi-Wall/Sweeper.

What do you think?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Hey guys, I'm looking to make a Sandstorm team with the following Pokemon, unless you have some of your own to recommend:

Gliscor, U-Turning Lead.
    Tyranitar, the Sandstorm setter.
    Excadrill, the Sweeper.
    Ferrothorn, the Spikes/Stealth Rock setter.
    Chandelure/Golurk, the Ferrothorn switch-out.
    and Empoleon, the Semi-Wall/Sweeper.

What do you think?

I'd switch out Empoleon for Jellicent. :3 Specially Bulky? Your team has trouble with Fire, Fighting, Ice, and Water, all of which Jellicent resist! Jellicent is a very annoying wall beside Ferrothorn. XD

And Chandelure is probably better off being switched with Balloon Heatran. Much more bulkier.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    Reuniclus and Toxic advice.

I've just started getting into the competitive battling and team-building world, and have a couple of questions that I hope someone can give help me out with.

First, I have a Reuniclus, with a typical offensive moveset:

*Psychic
    *Focus Blast
    *Shadow Ball
    *Trick Room

I was wondering if there was any benefit in having him learn RECOVER, perhaps instead of Focus Blast/Shadow Ball, to help him stay alive a bit longer and annoy oposing teams?

My second question is whether or not I should have my lead pokemon learn toxic, just to cause a bit of steady damage to a foe(s) over the course of the battle? I'm not really sure if Toxic is used often in competitive battling, so am just curious as to what people think.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Detox

If you ditch either of those moves, you lose coverage, so stick with that moveset.

It depends honestly, if you find it beneficial to run toxic go ahead. However, beware of taunt and some pokemon (Thundurus, Erufuun) etc. have priority taunt.

Back