• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
  • Using the values you provided:

Brace and PKRS - 8

Power Item and PKRS - 12

Power items and the Macho Brace activate first, then PKRS doubles those points.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Taking Out An Uber Noob

So i just started battling on wifi. My team is pretty decent with the few people ive faced (Aerodactyl, Lapras, Entei, Heracross, Blissey, Gengar). Entei sucks but mehh... I wanted something a bit different:D

But yesterday I ran into this kid using Palkia, Dialga, Deoxys, etc, etc. I took out 4 of his pokes, but couldn't do much after that. I was wondering how to counter such noobness???

I was thinking of using a SD/SB Ninjask, and then throwng the Baton to a choice banded Garchomp with Dragon Claw and Outrage. Since half of his team is dragon, I think this will work pretty well. The only question is, will I be able to get a Swords Dance in? Maybe I need another poke in my with SD in my baton passer mix?

He is not smart enough to (p)haze, so I think all of my stat boosts will stay;) Any ideas or comments? Lapras does have ice beam, and Aero has dragon claw, but they still get overwhelmed by this kids ubers:S

So yeah, thanks~

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I was thinking of using a SD/SB Ninjask, and then throwng the Baton to a choice banded Garchomp with Dragon Claw and Outrage. Since half of his team is dragon, I think this will work pretty well. The only question is, will I be able to get a Swords Dance in? Maybe I need another poke in my with SD in my baton passer mix?
    Depends on what lead you're facing. Also, don't ever Baton Pass to a Pokémon holding a Choice item, you will have to switch when you're locked into a move that is resisted by the opposing Pokémon. So, use something like Life Orb instead of your current item if you plan on Baton Passing to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    So i just started battling on wifi. My team is pretty decent with the few people ive faced (Aerodactyl, Lapras, Entei, Heracross, Blissey, Gengar). Entei sucks but mehh... I wanted something a bit different:D

But yesterday I ran into this kid using Palkia, Dialga, Deoxys, etc, etc. I took out 4 of his pokes, but couldn't do much after that. I was wondering how to counter such noobness???

He is not smart enough to (p)haze, so I think all of my stat boosts will stay;) Any ideas or comments? Lapras does have ice beam, and Aero has dragon claw, but they still get overwhelmed by this kids ubers:S

So yeah, thanks~

dont use dragon claw on Aero ._. , it gives no coverage, and aero cant deal high damage to these ubers ( as well as Lapras ) . You can use Kingdra as it has only 1 weakness, natural bulk, and overwhelming speed in rain.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • dont use dragon claw on Aero ._. , it gives no coverage, and aero cant deal high damage to these ubers ( as well as Lapras ) . You can use Kingdra as it has only 1 weakness, natural bulk, and overwhelming speed in rain.

No Dragon Claw?:C Okay! It did help me take out a mence the other day, but the guy I was facing was a "freshman" battler 2, so I don't think it was due to skill;)

So maybe try a little rain dance skit?

The ninjask is going to have protect if that helps clarify. This way I can scout a trick (which is highly unlikely, but still), and get the needed speed boost to ensure a switch.

Your right about the passing to choice. I just thought since he has an overwhelming weakness to dragon, that it wouldn't hurt to be locked into Dclaw. I will use Life Orb instead:)

The only note worthy pokemon he used against me was Heatran, but even then I don't think who knows how to use it (he exploded on my already $crewed Lapras...)

I have Kingdra I can use, maybe I will try to set sweep with that. It would be more classy than using an uber to get revenge on this kid;) I should be able to beat a team of ubers even with OU/NU Pokes. I was actually kinda upset Haha. But ah well.

Thanks again

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    No Dragon Claw?:C Okay! It did help me take out a mence the other day, but the guy I was facing was a "freshman" battler 2, so I don't think it was due to skill;)
    You should be using Stone Edge or Rock Slide for STAB though. ;o Which is SE on Salamence anyway.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Ah okay:) I have Stone Edge, Roost, Dragon Claw, and Stealth Rock. I probably need to scrap dragon claw and roost. any suggestions on how to fill thier void? I am not to tactful with dactyl yet... I usually just throw out the SR (because I have outspeeded everything thus far), and attack and recover if I don't get a switch in right off the bat.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    id prolly lead with Aero

Aerodactly@Focus Sash
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Relicanth@Leftover
    369.png

6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Head Smash
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Quake
    Ice Beam

I was wondering how good this Pokemon would fit in with a Defensive Zapdos? I haven't decided the moves for Zapdos yet but it will know Roar. The high speed and Choice Scarf are so it can come in before Zapdos and Stealth Rock up without worrying about being out speeded, I also have an Umbreon with wish and Baton pass just in case it gets too damaged. Stealth Rock is mainly to damage Latias, which a lot of people seem to use against Zapdos very effectively. Also I can switch back and hit it with an Ice Beam if necessary and later on revenge kill.

Maybe instead of EQ or Ice Beam I could have Hail and Blizzard? The hail would effect my Pokemon too but it could really hurt a weather team, plus I can then use Blizzard much better than Ice Beam would have been.

So how would this work?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Relicanth@Leftover
    369.png

6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Head Smash
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Quake
    Ice Beam

I was wondering how good this Pokemon would fit in with a Defensive Zapdos? I haven't decided the moves for Zapdos yet but it will know Roar. The high speed and Choice Scarf are so it can come in before Zapdos and Stealth Rock up without worrying about being out speeded, I also have an Umbreon with wish and Baton pass just in case it gets too damaged. Stealth Rock is mainly to damage Latias, which a lot of people seem to use against Zapdos very effectively. Also I can switch back and hit it with an Ice Beam if necessary and later on revenge kill.

Maybe instead of EQ or Ice Beam I could have Hail and Blizzard? The hail would effect my Pokemon too but it could really hurt a weather team, plus I can then use Blizzard much better than Ice Beam would have been.

So how would this work?
    Relicanth is a joke in the higher-tiers, try it in NU where it does pretty well. Don't run special attacks, Relicanth has base 45 SpAtk, you're better off firing attacks off his superior Atk stat. Plus Ice Beam does like 10% to Latias...

Rock Polish works pretty well in NU. Something like this?

Relicanth @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Rock Polish
    - Head Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake

Or you could try a lead set, I think it's something like this.

Relicanth @ Lum Berry
    Nature : Adamant
    EV : 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Head Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Okay, there is Pokemon which caught my mind when playing Doubles. It was Clefable. I thought that Pokemon would be a great partner for my Gyarados. Here is it's moveset.

Nature: Impish
    EV's: 252 HP/78 Def/172 Sp Def
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Return/Body Slam
    Follow Me
    Psych Up
    Protect

This Pokemon would help Gyarados set up Dragon Dances or other Pokemon that raise their stats with no problem. This Pokemon won't have any problems when it is burned or poisoned. Magic Guard stop indirect damage to it. Follow Me will aim all attacks on it. It has Protect for stalling with Leftovers. Now this is the most interesting move, Psych Up. When Gyarados or another Pokemon have raised stats. Clefable copies it's partner's stats to itself. This'll let Clefable be a part sweeper with Return or Body Slam. It's a bit like a gimmick Clefable this one. However, Clefable would have a problem if there are moves that hit both Pokemon like Rock Slide or Discharge.

So, do you think this is a good moveset for a Double Battle Clefable? Please reply.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah okay:) I have Stone Edge, Roost, Dragon Claw, and Stealth Rock. I probably need to scrap dragon claw and roost. any suggestions on how to fill thier void? I am not to tactful with dactyl yet... I usually just throw out the SR (because I have outspeeded everything thus far), and attack and recover if I don't get a switch in right off the bat.
    Use DA's moveset or this:

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Jolly Nature (+ Atk / - SpA)
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Fire Fang

Stone Edge + Earthquake for almost perfect coverage. Aqua Tail for Hippowdon (2HKO'd with SR and one layer of Spikes, or just weaken it), Gliscor, etc. Fire Fang 2HKOs Bronzong with SR up most of the time.

@ Above poster: I have no experience in doubles, so I can't say.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • id prolly lead with Aero

Aerodactly@Focus Sash
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt.

Then you would have 2 extra HP:paranoid: Haha jk. Yeah I need earthquake bad. I will scrap D claw for that for sure. I have the EV's correct, but almost every Aero has 252SPD/252ATK/4HP. I will change up the moves:D

DarknessSneasel

Master of Dark
    Years
  • I'm thinking of running a Dragon dance dragonite but don't quite know what would be best to go with it
    i was thinking
    outrage
    dragon dance
    fire punch (if he can learn it)
    and i don't know what ot put here

which is better for a swords dance baton passer ninjask or scizor for a double battle team or is there a better poke?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm thinking of running a Dragon dance dragonite but don't quite know what would be best to go with it
    i was thinking
    outrage
    dragon dance
    fire punch (if he can learn it)
    and i don't know what ot put here
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage / Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch / Roost

Also, this is outclassed completely by Salamence who can do this better in every way.

which is better for a swords dance baton passer ninjask or scizor for a double battle team or is there a better poke?
    Depends, Ninjask is only good for leading most of the time due to SR, and Scizor for non-leading.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Which Dragonite set is not outclassed by Salamence?

His mixed set is arguably better, with more bulk and access to Superpower. He can also run a Bulky DD set well due to his higher overall defenses, and has access to support options like Thunderwave and Light Screen.

Both can Choice Band and Choice Specs sets, but Salamence usually does these better with higher Speed and Special Attack.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • I have this Swampert:

Adamant
    31/31/30/31/31/30
    Hidden Power: Psychic 70

So far he has Earthquake and Waterfall
    What can I put in the last two slots?

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • I need to know if I have the correct natures for these Pokemon:
    Regirock: Quirky, Impish
    Registeel: Naughty, Relaxed
    Regice: Bold, Relaxed
    Cresselia: Mild
    Jirachi: Lonely

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have this Swampert:

Adamant
    31/31/30/31/31/30
    Hidden Power: Psychic 70

So far he has Earthquake and Waterfall
    What can I put in the last two slots?

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+ Def / - Speed)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar / Surf / Yawn / Protect

Using Ice Beam instead of Waterfall gives you nearly perfect coverage in OU, while also damaging threats like Celebi, Latias, etc. Last slot is a toss up, Roar for phazing, Surf for Rotom-A and Skarmory, Yawn for pseudo-phazing, and Protect for scouting Choice item holders.

Or:

Swampert @ Choice Band
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 136 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Def / 100 Speed
    Adamant Nature (+ Atk / - SpA)
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch

EVs allow you to never be 2HKO'd by Choice Band Tyranitar's Stone Edge, whilst Timid / Naive Heatran can't 2HKO Swampert with Fire Blast. 100 Speed EVs let you outspeed most Skarmory, Tyranitar, and Metagross.

I need to know if I have the correct natures for these Pokemon:
    Regirock: Quirky, Impish
    Registeel: Naughty, Relaxed
    Regice: Bold, Relaxed
    Cresselia: Mild
    Jirachi: Lonely
    Regirock: Impish is decent, you want to aim for Careful though. And, Quirky is a bad Nature for anything.

Registeel: Registeel's Attack is horrible, so Naughty is generally bad for it. Relaxed is alright.

Regice: Regice wants a Special Defense boosting Nature, but Bold and Relaxed is passable.

Cresselia: Lowering Cresselia's Defense makes it more susceptible to Pursuit users, and gives it a harder time switching in, so no.

Jirachi: Decent I suppose for physical variants.

Last edited:
    Back